No F1 thread?

jamcg

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by jamcg »

I suspect hamilton will get a penalty, but in reality it should go to whoever thought that sausage kerb was a good idea.

I still maintain that max is getting a taste of his own medicine. His past driving has made drivers tackle him differently to everyone else and now it’s screwing him up

Another incident to shut up the halo debate
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:47 pm I’m enjoying this 🍿
8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well that was a feel good race and result. And the rest of the grid is so close without Max and Lewis. Maybe just get rid of both of them every race 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Blimey that was some race. That crash could have ended badly, lucky it didn't.

Chuffed for Danny Ric!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Double Shoey!

Onya Lando.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

If you look at the slow mo Lewis ends up with a wheel on his head, he’s commented he’s got a sore neck. All the ex racers on sky think max is to blame, and that he might have gone in purposely to damage Lewis.

I think what is more telling is Horner saying it’s a racing incident, and not his usual finger pointing whinging
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Max has been given a three place penalty for the next race.
---
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m surprised the roll over bar has got that smashed in what was a pretty low speed impact!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Another win for the halo.
---
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

After the crash Max said "That's why you leave space!" What a massive, festering pile of bullshit considering he did the same to Lewis on lap one at the second chicane. He can dish it out but can't take it.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 pm I’m surprised the roll over bar has got that smashed in what was a pretty low speed impact!
It’s just the air intakes that have taken the hit, the actual toll protection is all together
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t recall the T-bar having broken off before in a crash though, I thought that bit part of the structure.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:54 pm After the crash Max said "That's why you leave space!" What a massive, festering pile of bullshit considering he did the same to Lewis on lap one at the second chicane. He can dish it out but can't take it.
Max is proving to be a monumental cock. I can't stand him which is a shame as he has bags of ability. It's just a shame that it's alongside being a petulant little brat.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:54 pm After the crash Max said "That's why you leave space!" What a massive, festering pile of bullshit considering he did the same to Lewis on lap one at the second chicane. He can dish it out but can't take it.
I said the same thing about the silverstone crash. Rosberg said years ago he races max differently to other drivers. It seems to me that Lewis is realising the same thing and approaching him differently to everyone else and with as much aggression as max puts in- max always punts the car in and expects the other driver to yield and now he’s finding someone who won’t move the incidents are happening. The stewards transcript for Max’s penalty is telling
mik

Post by mik »

jamcg wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:28 pm The stewards transcript for Max’s penalty is telling
Where’s that then? (Edit: ignore - saw it)

I didn’t see the race but did see the crash on YouTube - looked like Max at fault to me.
Last edited by mik on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

@mik
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Excellent race! Great to see Riccardo winning, and Norris being happy about the result as well.
I think the Verstappen penalty is fair, but one thing I haven't seen anyone talking about (not that I've been looking very hard) is that I thought it was a bit out of order for Hamilton to be trying to get his car moving again whilst Verstappen was climbing out of his. If Hamilton managed to get traction then that could have been quite nasty. I appreciate Hamilton maybe wouldn't have been able to see, but I guess the team would have radio's him. I'd be interested to know the order of events between the team telling Hamilton to switch off his engine, Hamilton stopping trying to move his car, and Verstappen getting out of his car because that wasn't clear on the C4 coverage.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Pete_ wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:00 pm Excellent race! Great to see Riccardo winning, and Norris being happy about the result as well.
I think the Verstappen penalty is fair, but one thing I haven't seen anyone talking about (not that I've been looking very hard) is that I thought it was a bit out of order for Hamilton to be trying to get his car moving again whilst Verstappen was climbing out of his. If Hamilton managed to get traction then that could have been quite nasty. I appreciate Hamilton maybe wouldn't have been able to see, but I guess the team would have radio's him. I'd be interested to know the order of events between the team telling Hamilton to switch off his engine, Hamilton stopping trying to move his car, and Verstappen getting out of his car because that wasn't clear on the C4 coverage.
I haven't seen it myself, but apparently Verstappen tried to move his car when it was over Hamilton's car... spinning tyre was close to Hamilton's head.

Quite a few people noted that Verstappen walked away without checking that Hamilton was okay...
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Marv wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:41 am
Pete_ wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:00 pm Excellent race! Great to see Riccardo winning, and Norris being happy about the result as well.
I haven't seen it myself, but apparently Verstappen tried to move his car when it was over Hamilton's car... spinning tyre was close to Hamilton's head.

Quite a few people noted that Verstappen walked away without checking that Hamilton was okay...
why do people comment on these sorts of things without watching it? Bizarre. It's a 10 second clip - it would have taken longer to type your post than just watch it?!

To be fair to VES, you could see he gave a glance and saw LH feverishly working to reverse the car - but he was a bit of an arse throughout.