No F1 thread?

NotoriousREV

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by NotoriousREV »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:27 am
Gavin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am Haas retaining their driver line up. I must admit I expected somebody to pinch Grosjean's seat as he has been pretty inconsistent and moany the last couple of seasons. I would have taken Hulk over him but perhaps Kevin was less keen to have him on the team :)

Wonder if that is Hulk out of F1 as there cannot be too many decent seats left.
Ferrari will need him when Vettel takes his ball and goes home
Not seeing as they’ve got Danny Ric teed up, they won’t.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 am
Gavin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am Haas retaining their driver line up. I must admit I expected somebody to pinch Grosjean's seat as he has been pretty inconsistent and moany the last couple of seasons. I would have taken Hulk over him but perhaps Kevin was less keen to have him on the team :)

Ah, I'd missed that.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 am

Where did you see that? I had missed this.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’s a rumour that’s been floating around for a month or so. Ricciardo has a break clause in his Renault contract that means he can leave after 12 months if they’re not performing and a few places reported that Ferrari was the most likely place for him to go.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Ah cheers. I did hear he could leave if either Merc or Fez came knocking but wondered if there had been something concrete, if Vettel did retire or go to RB for 2020 Lelerc v Ricciardo would be very interesting indeed.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 am It’s a rumour that’s been floating around for a month or so. Ricciardo has a break clause in his Renault contract that means he can leave after 12 months if they’re not performing and a few places reported that Ferrari was the most likely place for him to go.
Rumour I saw was the break clause wasn’t performance related, it was if a Ferrari or Mercedes seat was free he could take the option
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Kubica’s been given his marching orders so there’s one possible seat for hulk
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Just a thought- would you give Jamie Chadwick the Williams seat, as formula w series champion and current Williams development driver?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

jamcg wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 pm Kubica’s been given his marching orders so there’s one possible seat for hulk
Good. He had no business being in an F1 car.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

jamcg wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:00 pm Just a thought- would you give Jamie Chadwick the Williams seat, as formula w series champion and current Williams development driver?
The state William's are in they have nothing to lose, they can only gain from the publicity of having a female driver.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm
jamcg wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:00 pm Just a thought- would you give Jamie Chadwick the Williams seat, as formula w series champion and current Williams development driver?
The state William's are in they have nothing to lose, they can only gain from the publicity of having a female driver.
Except if she ended up being slower than Kubica.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Would she want the seat? Great being the first woman on the grid, but if the car isn't competitive, it'll be difficult to make an impression beyond being the new slowest driver.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Does she even have the required licence?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:44 pm Does she even have the required licence?
I just assumed a full season of formula w would bring points into her super license, turns out it didn’t award any at all so she’ll need to do f3/f2 season to gain enough so that’s her out. There’s a lot of speculation they’ll promote Latifi to the race seat from test/reserve driver. Given the situation Williams are in I’d expect whoever gets it will be the person with the most sponsor money behind them
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:41 pm Would she want the seat? Great being the first woman on the grid, but if the car isn't competitive, it'll be difficult to make an impression beyond being the new slowest driver.
Not the first but would be the first to race that I can remember. Leela Lombardi (probably not correct spelling) is one off the top of my head and Suzie Wolff made the grid, albeit for practice sessions.

I suspect it will be Latiffi who has had a decent career to now but certainly not stellar.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Gavin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:04 am
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:41 pm Would she want the seat? Great being the first woman on the grid, but if the car isn't competitive, it'll be difficult to make an impression beyond being the new slowest driver.
Not the first but would be the first to race that I can remember. Leela Lombardi (probably not correct spelling) is one off the top of my head and Suzie Wolff made the grid, albeit for practice sessions.

I suspect it will be Latiffi who has had a decent career to now but certainly not stellar.
Right. I don't remember hearing about the former and had forgotten about the latter.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Not sure how there’s a Ferrari on Pole!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:40 pm Not sure how there’s a Ferrari on Pole!
Mainly because LeClerc drove the wheels off that thing. Absolute stunner of a lap.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:29 am
Orange Cola wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:40 pm Not sure how there’s a Ferrari on Pole!
Mainly because LeClerc drove the wheels off that thing. Absolute stunner of a lap.
I do actually get why, but it’s a surprise to see such a turn around. I wonder if this is a ‘Singapore’ spec or if they’ll remain competitive over the next races.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:29 am
And yet when you watch the onboard it's actually quite scruffy and he gets a fair bit of wheel spin so could potentially gone even quicker.