Re: No F1 thread?

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sky coverage is excellent. If you don’t like it, that’s a you problem :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:18 pm
duncs500 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 pm Really? I think the Sky coverage is much better than C4.
Absolutely. The commentating is terrible on Sky, as is the analysis. Whilst Steve Jones is an acquired taste, I generally think the C4 crew are far more professional and informed. DC and Webber in particular.
Fiddlesticks!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

C4 coverage is literally unwatchable to me.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I mean, I get that Crofty on Sky is a moron, but Brundle is excellent and I love hearing him constantly correcting Crofty without actually calling him an idiot.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

TBH, even Crofty doesn't bother me that much, I can't think of any non-ex-F1 driver commentator that didn't make loads of mistakes. Lazenby I find a bit smarmy, but other than that I can't fault the coverage.

I think there were one or two seasons where it was Brundle and Coulthard on C4. That was probably my favourite in race commentary team... but Brundle is the king, wherever he goes will he the best IMO.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:29 pm I think there were one or two seasons where it was Brundle and Coulthard on C4. That was probably my favourite in race commentary team... but Brundle is the king, wherever he goes will he the best IMO.
Agreed.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:29 pm TBH, even Crofty doesn't bother me that much, I can't think of any non-ex-F1 driver commentator that didn't make loads of mistakes. Lazenby I find a bit smarmy, but other than that I can't fault the coverage.

I think there were one or two seasons where it was Brundle and Coulthard on C4. That was probably my favourite in race commentary team... but Brundle is the king, wherever he goes will he the best IMO.
That was the last year or two of Beeb coverage, Brundle went straight to Sky. I would swap DC and Webber for Hill and Herbert in a heartbeat but the Sky coverage is massively in depth and doesn't have Edie Jordan which is brilliant.

As for missing the results, my family are not into F1 so I record the programming and watch it later in the evening. It is not a huge burden to avoid social media and radio etc for a few hours.

Some of the SKY stuff is brilliant though, Lando and Sainz holding big bowls of milk and slaloming some horrid Renault car was brilliant.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I think the F1 is the only thing we watch as a family.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Gavin wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:54 pm
That was the last year or two of Beeb coverage, Brundle went straight to Sky. I would swap DC and Webber for Hill and Herbert in a heartbeat but the Sky coverage is massively in depth and doesn't have Edie Jordan which is brilliant.
Yeah, correct and agreed.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

I've moaned about the C4 coverage before, but the main issue for me is since moving to highlights only the quality of the build-up and cool-down coverage has deteriorated a lot. Webber only did a small number of races last year, it's often just Steve and DC as the main presenters. DC is great, and I actually like Eddie (but he also only does a couple of races a year now) but the rest has gone downhill. The grid walk usually wasn't shown in full, just clips of interviews on the grid, and there's only about max 10 mins of press interviews after the race and that's it. The red button F1 Forum on BBC was excellent with everyone being a bit more off guard on it. I didn't even watch any races after Monza last year, not because of the racing but because of the poor quality coverage. It's a real shame.

I'm not going to pay for a Sky subscription, but if they ever do a pay per race thing I'd probably pay for that.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sky coverage is good but the prices are are a joke. For comparison F1 TV in America costs $80 dollars for the whole year for the same plus with many more camera views and historic races. Sky’s F1 contract ends in 2024 so no choice really.
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:31 pm
duncs500 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:29 pm I think there were one or two seasons where it was Brundle and Coulthard on C4. That was probably my favourite in race commentary team... but Brundle is the king, wherever he goes will he the best IMO.
Agreed.
So much incorrectness in one post I thought you were taking the piss at first.

Brundles fucking awful :!:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:36 pm Sky coverage is good but the prices are are a joke. For comparison F1 TV in America costs $80 dollars for the whole year for the same plus with many more camera views and historic races. Sky’s F1 contract ends in 2024 so no choice really.
This is my gripe, it’s Sky, C4 or nothing. Sky is relatively expensive compared to other countries and you can’t just pay for F1 coverage, C4’s coverage is getting worse and there isn’t an alternative, well, a load of friends either VPN to another country or have just given up watching it.

My pub solution isn’t going to last forever either.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

C4s coverage has only got worse due to the restrictions Sky imposed on them to retain the highlights. I ahte most things Sky do tbf so maybe it's just a style thing for me - it's short. Comes across as TV for retards/Americans
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:01 pm
Agreed.

You’re a weirdo.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:19 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Agreed.

You’re a weirdo.
This is not news. :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

:lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

You’re are the first two people I’ve stumbled across who have held him in such high regard, not sure I’m the odd one out here :lol:

Why do you like him so much?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Seems to know what's going on more than most, offers great insight, has loads of good anecdotes. I really don't know why anyone wouldn't like him.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Interesting.