No F1 thread?

NotoriousREV

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by NotoriousREV »

Max has the driving skills but not the attitude to be WDC.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Max just won’t take some of his own medicine some times but the move in quali was dangerous.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Tense last few laps at Austin 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Get in, Lewis!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Great race. Fantastic Lewis!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That was a champions drive.

So is no one going to address the elephant in the room :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:41 pm That was a champions drive.

So is no one going to address the elephant in the room :lol:
You'll have to explain what you think it is first.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ll give them another race before jumping to conclusions. Just seems like a mighty coincidence right now.

Also I want to shoot the prick who puts those tyre performance graphics up, they’re utter nonsense. In fact all the Amazon crap is apart from the apex speeds as they can’t make those up can they... Never has a F1 sponsor been so unnecessary.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I wish I followed F1, it's about a 3 hour drive from where I am!

I probably had more fun in Deep Ellum.though so I'm not too bothered.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm I’ll give them another race before jumping to conclusions. Just seems like a mighty coincidence right now.
Red Bull: “Hey, FIA, could we have a clarification of the fuel flow regulations?”

Martin Brundle: “Where has Ferrari’s performance gone?!”

🤔
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Reading between the lines, it looks as though Ferrari may have been flowing fuel past the sensor at the maximum rate, even when not needed, and storing the excess flow to use up as needed.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:56 am Reading between the lines, it looks as though Ferrari may have been flowing fuel past the sensor at the maximum rate, even when not needed, and storing the excess flow to use up as needed.
Ah. So an inventive interpretation of the rules then. That's the name of the game isn't it? Then other people catch on and either come up with their own version or whine like a baby until it's taken away. Not too dissimilar to double diffusers, blown diffusers, stalled wings etc.....
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm
Also I want to shoot the prick who puts those tyre performance graphics up, they’re utter nonsense. In fact all the Amazon crap is apart from the apex speeds as they can’t make those up can they... Never has a F1 sponsor been so unnecessary.
Don't know when they started using them, only noticed them the last couple of races and thought it was utter nonsense, they can't possibly know how much tyre life they've got left, even the teams with all the data they have can't be 100% sure.

Also the speed in mph next to kph on the halo graphics, has that always been there or was it just added this race so the yanks could understand it?
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think they started at Sochi, but we only had it a few times during that race, then they started doing it really frequently last time. What really infuriates me is that Croftie takes them seriously and has to mention them each time they come up along with his stupid saying. “He’s in the green and he’s keen” no fuck you fuck you fuck you.
At least Martin ignores it.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I suspect they’ve been told to mention them more because even Crofty used to ignore them but he was bigging up Amazon AWS loads yesterday.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It must be part of the push to get Americans more involved and help them understand the complexities of the sport - then again I can’t remember such nonsense every being used for Indy races. Maybe American F1 fans are more special. I mean, who would have even know before that graphic that a car sliding all over the track, locking up and lapping a few seconds off the pace has less tyre performance left :roll:
Also I never realised the tyres wear across axles perfectly evenly, almost as if it’s a drag race :roll:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

My favourite thing about Lewis winning title number 6 is the number of people on various comments sections still declaring that Lewis just isn’t that good a driver. One comment “he lacks raw talent”. OK there, Sparky.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:20 am My favourite thing about Lewis winning title number 6 is the number of people on various comments sections still declaring that Lewis just isn’t that good a driver. One comment “he lacks raw talent”. OK there, Sparky.
It is quite amazing. His first season he beat Alonso. He is beating Bottas who matched or beat Massa who matched and beat Kimi who ran Vettel close etc etc.

Yes, he has had a decent car his whole career but not always a car which his team mates managed a race win which he has always done.

I have warmed to him as a character as he has matured although I can see why some people are not keen on him but to question his talent, if you have watched his career is just dumb.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I’m sure Lewis is the only driver to have won at least one race in every season he’s taken part in. In his mclaren days he had some shocking cars, nowhere near mclaren Honda bad, but terrible non the less and still managed to win
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm Also I want to shoot the prick who puts those tyre performance graphics up, they’re utter nonsense. In fact all the Amazon crap is apart from the apex speeds as they can’t make those up can they... Never has a F1 sponsor been so unnecessary.

Lewis a total class act this season, no discussion there.
Cunt.