Prince Philip

Mito Man

Re: Prince Philip

Post by Mito Man »

Nice to see the BBC has gone full commie. This is what I would actually expect in a banana republic.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 pm Nice to see the BBC has gone full commie. This is what I would actually expect in a banana republic.
I don't even know where to start with this.

Protip: Banana Republic and Full Commie are, typically, exact opposite on the political spectrum.

Like, fully diametrically opposed.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:22 pm
mr_jon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 pm Funkin' MasterChef got bumped. Why do we need two BBC channels showing the same stuff??
I have no problem if anyone wants to watch this, but shirley they can only watch one channel at a time :roll:
Mourn damn it Mik, mourn !
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

The bloke bringing his kids to Buckingham Palace at 1am is very special.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I didn't mind him but the coverage today is getting on my nerves, seems like the entire BBC news front page is dedicated to articles about him. Surely one or two is enough? Also why are people referring to his 'tragic' death? There's nothing tragic about popping it at 99, I'd be delighted with that!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Every LED billboard having a tribute to him seems a bit much. Don’t watch broadcast tv so I’m free from the rest of the tribute spam.
An absolute unit
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:06 pm Every LED billboard having a tribute to him seems a bit much. Don’t watch broadcast tv so I’m free from the rest of the tribute spam.
Really? It is the Queens consort.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well I’ve realised today that the DoE award is meant to be voluntarily. It bloody well wasn’t at my school although I remember the expedition being a good laugh and the volunteering aspect equated to 4 one hour sessions of dropping off groceries for old people. Didn’t make me a better person or find the light though 😂
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I know people in our school who did it but I can’t ever remember being offered it or hearing much about it, maybe because I’d already done Cubs and scouts I just ignored it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I did some of it - the camping/walking was a good laugh. I didn't do the gold because that seemed too much effort.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I really wanted my lad to do it but he had Zero interest...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We very rarely watching anything live on TV, but I couldn't believe the BBC in particular over these last 24 hours. Even things like delaying broadcast of radio shows??

I turned on the BBC News this morning and was informed by a reporter standing in front of an aircraft carrier, that things were quieter now as the 41 gun salute was quite noisy.

I mean, WTAF.

I am enjoying some of the anecdotes about Phillip though.

My boy started his DOE but it was interrupted by covid. No idea what's going on with it now. Not since Phillip died, but since covid has continued on in to a second year of shit.
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:06 pm Every LED billboard having a tribute to him seems a bit much. Don’t watch broadcast tv so I’m free from the rest of the tribute spam.
Even the bloody bus stop advertising signs had it this morning I noticed, although I think it's a bit daft I'm actually impressed that the country seems to have come up with such a coordinated effort in such little time!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 pm
Even the bloody bus stop advertising signs had it this morning I noticed, although I think it's a bit daft I'm actually impressed that the country seems to have come up with such a coordinated effort in such little time!
They had them up all over London after a few hours! Then at about 6pm I saw them on every other sign, even Piccadilly Circus.
Beany

Post by Beany »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 pm
He's been on the 'probably going to cark it' list ever since his car crash,. and rather like newspaper obituaries I'm sure they have similar plans in place for the Queen, too.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Interestingly for us car geeks, apparently the hearse will be a custom bodied landie! NCGs tend to use Land Rover to encompass RR too though so I'm not yet clear if its going to be a 70 year old series one of a L405...

If it is a RR I'm hoping for something like this...

Simon

Post by Simon »

Apparently he had a hand in the design of the hearse.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:42 pm Apparently he had a hand in the design of the hearse.
I expect the badge on the front will be a gollywog.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »