Extreme E

jamcg

Extreme E

Post by jamcg »

Starts tomorow, times and shit here ——> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/56596874

Free to watch on iPlayer or it’s on sky sports action
mr_jon

Re: Extreme E

Post by mr_jon »

Hopefully a good, though short, show. Got to make a start somewhere. Agagagagagagag is no idiot.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Had a quick look on iPlayer this morning but can't find what channel to watch it on. Might try again tomorrow for the race.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

If you go to the motorsports page on BBC sport you can get the live feed.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Looks bloody easy to crash these things! :shock:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

itv at 12pm. Cannot remember which ITV channel though.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Saw the first qualifying hour on iPlayer (found it under 'Sport', not a particular channel). Was cheering on Catie Manning after I (ok, the kids) got her autograph at CarFest a couple of years ago. Impressive driving it at that pace with a flat rear tyre,
Would be good to see the continuous split times to the lead car, or even a ghost car showing the leader compared to the current runner, as it's a bit lonely with one runner at a time on the course.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

FYI it was also on the red button on BBC
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just saw the 30 min highlights on Sky Sports but it wasn't very well done. They spent 5 mins on each quali session and 20 minutes on saving the planet so I'm none the wiser as to what actually happened during qualifying :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

People complain how hard it is to follow in F1! I can't see how you're ever going to get any racing after the first corner or two in this.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I watched the qualifying highlights and it wasn’t very exciting. Forgetting the power plants entirely they all just looked slow and the courses didn’t look exciting at all.

Think I’ll stick with Baja and stadium trucks.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:59 pm Saw the first qualifying hour on iPlayer (found it under 'Sport', not a particular channel). Was cheering on Catie Manning after I (ok, the kids) got her autograph at CarFest a couple of years ago.
ah, Same Catie as "Caties amazing machines" - I knew she'd quit to pursue the rally career.

(Me and the boy are more "Grace" fans though!)
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

A lot of big names involved. The race was pretty tame after the first 100 yards but hopefully when not on sand, they will be closer.

Given that was only race 1, it should get better.

WRC has never managed to perfect coverage but it certainly was far better that EE so hopefully they will look at other formats and cherry pick some ideas from that for future races.
mik

Post by mik »

I started watching this on iPlayer to catch up, but got incredibly bored incredibly quickly. :?

Some interesting comments HERE
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It is just another money making venture whilst jumping on the tree hugging bandwagon at the end of the day to make it seem better than it is. I do think the whole environmental activism aspect of it is nonsense but hoping that they can still produce a somewhat decent new racing series despite that.

I noticed that on the Team Rosberg car they have an eco friendly yacht sponsor. What a load of shit I thought as I googled it to confirm that it's a regular yacht manufacturer which has just stuck some solar panels with hybrid motors on them now.
The average public are going to start being punished for going on holiday abroad or even driving anywhere but it's fine if you're a billionaire and can spend a cool hundred million buying a green yacht which has the carbon footprint of small island nation to produce then that's perfectly above board.
How about not having a sig at all?