New new new new Top Gear

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: New new new new Top Gear

Post by Jobbo »

I didn’t this week’s TG until a day or so ago but thought it was great. The skid shoe thing was mental but I suspect there were stuntmen in quite a few of the shots.

Rare that a TG car trip thing includes three I’d utterly love, but the Defender 90 massively appeals over the 110 and the Nomad and G63 are both awesome. All three for me.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The tribute program for Sabine on iPlayer was good. Very touching
John

Post by John »

Yep, really good tribute and great series overall.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

jamcg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:30 pm The tribute program for Sabine on iPlayer was good. Very touching
Yep, definitely worth the watch. Evans conspicuously absent :?

Enjoyed TG. Excellent work from the drone pilot in the gymkhana and very much enjoyed the Yaris sliding about 8-)
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Really enjoyed that Sabine programme. A lovely tribute to her.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

jamcg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:30 pm The tribute program for Sabine on iPlayer was good. Very touching
That was excellent. I can’t believe it was 2004 when Sabine first appeared on Top Gear.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Yes, great series. Noticed they used Frees Avenue on the Castle Combe to RAF Lyneham segment. Great bit of road we enjoyed on the Southern meet a few years back.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
scotta

Post by scotta »

Really enjoyed this series. I so want to be 17 again racing a saxo VTR.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Another good episode. Really enjoyed it.

The Sabine tribute was lovely too. Got a bit of dust in my eye!
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Short but sweet series, think they have nailed the formula for the current presenters. After the disaster that was Chris Evans, I thought it took until the last series with Matt L, Chris H and Rory R to recover to something decent enough for me to want to try and catch on TV live, then a bit of a step back when Freddy and Paddy joined.
Sabine tribute left a lump in my throat.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Let's hope the quality continues like that for a few years. Thoroughly enjoyable.

The panning shots of those homologation specials were great.

Sabine special was an excellent tribute to a larger than life lady. Genuine sentiments from so many people.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Another very enjoyable episode and the Sabine programme was very well done & touching.
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Really enjoyed that episode. Even the wife was lolling at some points and she's hated TG for years. Not yet watched the Sabine tribute.

Best series for a very, very long time imo.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

They need to do away with any sort of “live” studio type parts. It’s painful to watch.

Pre-recording the whole thing would be just fine.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

This season of TG has been the one I have fast-forwarded least. Progress. Iron Man section was pish this week, but otherwise pretty good and much (not all) of the banter continues to come across as genuine.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Have the vague comments about how bad it was to work on TG with Chris Evans ever been expanded-on?
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ascender wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am Have the vague comments about how bad it was to work on TG with Chris Evans ever been expanded-on?
He was certainly conspicuous by his absence in the Sabine tribute.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Ascender wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am Have the vague comments about how bad it was to work on TG with Chris Evans ever been expanded-on?
By Sabine or across the board? He was shouty but he always was, so not sure what the Beeb expected of him.

This series was pretty good I thought. Far less oversteering pointlessly round an airfield which was good. No stupid celeb laps with stilted interview to contend with.

There were still some silly bits but like the majority on here, so it seems, I thought it was the best in years, since early May, Hammond etc.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Gavin wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:17 am
By Sabine or across the board? He was shouty but he always was, so not sure what the Beeb expected of him.

This series was pretty good I thought. Far less oversteering pointlessly round an airfield which was good. No stupid celeb laps with stilted interview to contend with.

There were still some silly bits but like the majority on here, so it seems, I thought it was the best in years, since early May, Hammond etc.
I can't remember who said it first, but did Chris Harris not allude to him being a bit of a nightmare in his recent interview with Jonny Smith?
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:19 am Yes, great series. Noticed they used Frees Avenue on the Castle Combe to RAF Lyneham segment. Great bit of road we enjoyed on the Southern meet a few years back.
Thought I recognised it.