Any of you lot live near Abingdon ?

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Any of you lot live near Abingdon ?

Post by Sundayjumper »

And have a space I can safely park my trailer for the day on Sunday 11th April ??

It’s the first FDMC Solo in ages (woo!!) and I’d like my Dad to bring the Scimitar BUT you’re not allowed to trailer your car to a Solo and it’s a 2-hr drive each way for him. Which is going to be a bit rubbish in an old car. So I’d like to cheat and trailer it most of the way for him then just drive the last bit ;)
Jimmy Choo

Re: Any of you lot live near Abingdon ?

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Are you allowed to bring an empty trailer into the autosolo? "I'm picking up a car on the way home."
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

How big is the trailer? I’m in Oxford. My drive is a bugger to get onto though (steep incline). PM if you want more details.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

It’s quite large (missus) and trailers don’t like sharp inclines. Long overhang you see. Thank you for the offer though :)

Given the setup at Abingdon I probably could get away with taking an empty trailer in, it’s a big enough site. Other events it’d be a bit obvious.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:23 pm And have a space I can safely park my trailer for the day on Sunday 11th April ??

It’s the first FDMC Solo in ages (woo!!) and I’d like my Dad to bring the Scimitar BUT you’re not allowed to trailer your car to a Solo and it’s a 2-hr drive each way for him. Which is going to be a bit rubbish in an old car. So I’d like to cheat and trailer it most of the way for him then just drive the last bit ;)
It says you can’t trailer it there, does anything say you can’t trailer it home? If so surely you can take a trailer
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:58 am It’s quite large (missus) and trailers don’t like sharp inclines. Long overhang you see. Thank you for the offer though :)

Given the setup at Abingdon I probably could get away with taking an empty trailer in, it’s a big enough site. Other events it’d be a bit obvious.
Happy to send pics so you can size it up. We have got trailers on there in the past (by hand) but not car transporter sized ones...

Failing that, the back car park at work is always empty at the weekend...
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I'm near Burford. Got room here if needed.