Where to sell old wedding ring?

McSwede

Re: Where to sell old wedding ring?

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:55 am My ex-wife went to prison after we'd got divorced. Not before appearing on Cowboy Builders on telly, though. I may not have got along with her but I don't think she was a criminal when we were together :lol:
My brother's ex-wife ended up in prison. She was horrid and turns out she was a proper fiddling cunt too. Fleeced a couple of small businesses she worked at.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Gavin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:02 pm
mr_jon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:58 pm I also have had lucky escapes before finding one that I can put up with. Or, more to the point, she can put up with me despite my obvious perfectness.
perfection? :lol:
It's a choke, dude.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

mr_jon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:16 pm
Gavin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:02 pm
mr_jon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:58 pm I also have had lucky escapes before finding one that I can put up with. Or, more to the point, she can put up with me despite my obvious perfectness.
perfection? :lol:
It's a choke, dude.
I am none the wiser, is this modern dat lingo used by the yoof of today? :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:55 am My ex-wife went to prison after we'd got divorced. Not before appearing on Cowboy Builders on telly, though. I may not have got along with her but I don't think she was a criminal when we were together :lol:
You were clearly all that was keeping her on the straight and narrow :D
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Would that have been a problem for you, being a Lawyer, if you were still married at the time ?? :shock:

Seems like a lucky escape.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Dinny, I would have been more concerned about her bankruptcy proceedings (forgot to mention those) though she managed to limit that to an IVA in the end. I was very glad I had submitted notices of disassociation to the credit reference agencies after my divorce because even if it wouldn't have directly affected me, it certainly could have made life more complicated if anyone had tried to chase me for her debts.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:27 am <snip> I had submitted notices of disassociation to the credit reference agencies after my divorce because <snip>
Ooh, I never did this. Should I? How many agencies are there?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

There are three, though I only had to do two because she wasn't showing as associated with me at the third. Check your credit reports with each of the main ones (I use Clearscore, MoneySaving Expect Credit Club and Credit Karma which are each free and together covers the three agencies), then google how to do it if you need to; I can't remember!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Cheers Simon
The artist formerly known as _Who_
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:27 am Dinny, I would have been more concerned about her bankruptcy proceedings (forgot to mention those) though she managed to limit that to an IVA in the end. I was very glad I had submitted notices of disassociation to the credit reference agencies after my divorce because even if it wouldn't have directly affected me, it certainly could have made life more complicated if anyone had tried to chase me for her debts.
Right - gotcha...

Good riddance by the sounds if it :)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Jesus, you guys can pick em!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

My ex (not married thank god) did allege I had attempted to murder her in court proceedings as we did the relationship settlement. This because I'd refused to cancel the life insurance before settlement in case the worst happened to either of us and one person was responsible for the whole mortgage... :roll:

Actually having to respond to that officially was one of the more bizarre and stressful things I've done.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:56 am Jesus, you guys can pick em!
I thought the same! But then I remembered, all women are inherently mental!
tim

Post by tim »

On the flip side, it was mine and Victoria's 4 year anniversary yesterday, and her gift to me was a stop-frame animation film depicting the key moments of our relationsip, but in the style of a stop-frame animation I made when I was 16 for my Art O-Level that we found on an old Cine film the previous weekend.

She is absolutely batshit mental, but in a good way!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

tim wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:52 am She is absolutely batshit mental, but in a good way!
They're the best kind... right up to the moment they're not. :shock: :lol: