Cheers Rev

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Cheers Rev

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Barry wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:58 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:53 pm
Barry wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:26 pm Didn't realise he'd backed out of here, but I can see why. Funny thing is, I see him regularly trying to educate the morons on FB still, so he's yet to go full cold turkey :lol:
EFA

Far more hopeless task than on here is wager. And very odd. I have family members that do the same and I just don't get it.
He's on the dashcam ones, if that doesn't define pissing in the wind I don't know what is.
:lol:
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Gavin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:18 pm It is funny cos in person Neil comes across as a hairy biker type only with cakes
Always interesting to see how the world perceives you :lol: :lol:
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
mik

Post by mik »

That’s your epitaph right there.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:27 am That’s your epitaph right there.
I would go for "hairy hyperactive mad scientist type with a big smile and lovely family".

Or, you know, "cunt". One or the other. ;)
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 am
mik wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:27 am That’s your epitaph right there.
I would go for "hairy hyperactive mad scientist type with a big smile and lovely family".

Or, you know, "cunt". One or the other. ;)
I'll take that ;-) Although maybe more the former rather than the latter
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Were you organising the whole event Neil? V10 F1 demo laps and all?
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:44 pm Paraphrasing a twitter discussion, but he realised he was wasting time arguing with folks on here - better to spend his time not arguing (ok arguing less ;) ) with folks on other platforms that were providing a more positive experience. Hence I don’t think he’ll be back.

I was going to leave this but I just can't.

*REV* left the forum because he felt *OTHER PEOPLE* were argumentative ??? :shock:

If so I think he's created his own irony black hole, irony so incomprehensibly dense that it sucks in and destroys everything it touches (logic, humour, self-awareness...)

Hopefully he'll find a nice forum for pots & kettles and live happily ever after 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

I’m not his spokesman but since you quoted me - I didn’t say that SJ 😁

I don’t know his thoughts, but he didn’t suggest it was all the fault of other people.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I don’t think he was one to start an argument, just was more up for one if it started then wouldn’t let it go. I actually thought he was more chilled out on here than the old forum *shrug*

ETA if he thought he was wasting time arguing with people here, who are for the most part intelligent, he’s got his work cut out for him with the spackers on Twitter etc 😂
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

JonMad wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:48 pm Were you organising the whole event Neil? V10 F1 demo laps and all?
:lol: :lol: No, I didn't even organise the whole race I was in! I organised the Scottish Renegade cup (three rounds as a consolation to our cancelled season), and persuaded the bloke who was organising the Formula Ford Heritage race (the nearest class to our cars) to let us join in
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

@dinny_g, I have just noticed your signature contains a quote from one flouncer addressed to another flouncer :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

I find it amusing that despite that, they are still 1 and 2 for top post count despite neither having been active here for several months now :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm @dinny_g, I have just noticed your signature contains a quote from one flouncer addressed to another flouncer :lol:
I didn’t think JL flounced, I thought he left to spend more time with his family? :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:47 pm I find it amusing that despite that, they are still 1 and 2 for top post count despite neither having been active here for several months now :lol:
Brilliant, I hadn't spotted that :lol:

Gav, a stealth flounce is still a flounce.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Nefarious wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:22 am
Gavin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:18 pm It is funny cos in person Neil comes across as a hairy biker type only with cakes
Always interesting to see how the world perceives you :lol: :lol:
Whereas I see you as a Donald William Shimoda type who exudes wisdom and serenity

I bet you don’t even get bugs on your windscreen... ;)
Last edited by dinny_g on Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

GG. wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:47 pm I find it amusing that despite that, they are still 1 and 2 for top post count despite neither having been active here for several months now :lol:
:lol:

It amazes me how much time he spent on here. Didn't he have a job?
M235i
GG.

Post by GG. »

I think both of them were unemployed for periods in the last 12 to 18 months to be fair though I'm not sure that made all that much noticeable difference... :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nefarious wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:27 am

Sadly, the results weren't as strong as we might have hoped - mechanical problems in practice (nearly lost a wheel at 100+ when a wishbone bolt failed) meant little practice and no chance to adjust the set-up. Qualified 5th, but a spin in the penultimate lap of the race meant I only managed 9th overall (out of 22) and 2nd in class.
:!: :D especially considering the change in weight distribution because of the bolt failure.

Good to hear REV & family had a good day out 8-) He needs more of that and less of partaking in dash cam comment threads; he'll find no satisfaction there, only an endless source of frustration and pain.

I thought JL had just ended up otherwise engaged rather than flouncing :? If he did stealth flounce, any ideas what over?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm @dinny_g, I have just noticed your signature contains a quote from one flouncer addressed to another flouncer :lol:
:lol: I’m sure both will pop back in from time to time. Hope so, both excellent board members and contributors...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Stockholm syndrome. They’ll come back.
How about not having a sig at all?