Freaky

mik

Freaky

Post by mik »

So I am sure you’ve all seen (heard) the “Brainstorm / Green Needle” stuff. Weird.

I can’t remember if I mentioned it previously, but back in the day we were similarly weirded out by a song that I hadn’t been able to locate - but just have. 8-)

One of our group of mates had this on vinyl. Someone else recorded it onto a cassette. Which then found its way into the 4-track being used for makin muzaks.

Some of you will be fully aware that cassettes have 4 tracks on them - left&right channels for each side of the tape. So if you put a cassette that has already been used into a four track - tracks 1&2 can be played back normally, tracks 3&4 come out in reverse.

Through this, some weird event lead us to a discovery. At the start of the song Insomniak, it states “Insomniac. I Must Sleep”. When played backwards this comes out as “Insomniac. I Must Sleep” :shock:

This was obviously intentional, and comments on the YouTube vid confirm that others have discovered this too, but it is freaky weirdsville nonetheless.

Download any of the many sound-reversing apps available and try for yourself. (You won’t want to go much past the intro anyway - the track has not aged well ;) )

DaveE

Re: Freaky

Post by DaveE »

I think I've got that on 12"... 😀