No, less likely to go shopping
17%
Will not make a difference
83%

Total votes: 35

integrale_evo

Masks in shops

Post by integrale_evo »

Apparently part of the resining for making it compulsory is to increase consumer confidence and encourage people to go out and spend some money.

Ignoring the scientific reasons for wearing one, what are your thoughts on this?
Cheers, Harry
mik

Re: Masks in shops

Post by mik »

Won’t make a difference to me - I was at the shops previously (wearing a mask myself) although I don’t see any hardship in complying to the requirement.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

What Mik said...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Also shops don’t have to be as strict with social distancing rules if everyone’s wearing a mask, so with big stores there should be less queuing and smaller shops that might not have been able to open without the mask rule will be able to now.

It’s zero hardship to me and it helps overall so it seems like a no brainer.

I think a lot of people are assuming that the relaxing of the rules means we’re past the risk with Covid. Which is why the mask wearing seems stupid to them. Or they believe the anti vaxx style lies that are coming out about masks.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

As I said in the other mask thread, I don’t think the masks themselves will do much except remind people that Covid isn’t over. Which will probably make them very effective.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think they will make a difference because I've seen the scientist/petri dish tests that show the effectiveness of them, therefore I'm optimistic they'll help bring the numbers down.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Seeing as I hated shopping before it's only marginally more hateful now. I'd complain about how irritating I find wearing one, but having pilloried Yanks for their whinging I really can't.

NFI why you don't need one for the gym though, everyone breathing heavily and circulating the air.

Think I'll ninja up when I got back to the Dojo.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:47 pm As I said in the other mask thread, I don’t think the masks themselves will do much except remind people that Covid isn’t over. Which will probably make them very effective.
I thought that would be the case, but nipping out to get a sandwich for lunch yesterday, it seemed people now think masks make them invulnerable. So they may have less effect that hoped, as people stop taking other precautions.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Fair point... 😬
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

No difference, I don't wander around shops anyway, I go in and get what I need and leave. I can do that with a mask no bother.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:32 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:47 pm As I said in the other mask thread, I don’t think the masks themselves will do much except remind people that Covid isn’t over. Which will probably make them very effective.
I thought that would be the case, but nipping out to get a sandwich for lunch yesterday, it seemed people now think masks make them invulnerable. So they may have less effect that hoped, as people stop taking other precautions.
The invulnerable part is a rhetoric that I've heard frequently from the Welsh government over the last week or so. It's still a case of distancing here and generally speaking people are ok with queuing for small shops.

We've had no deaths for 5 out of the last 7 days so hoping our conservative approach will result in a safe but happy and prosperous August.
tim

Post by tim »

I don't get on well with wearing a mask becasue of my asthma, but it's not bad enough to claim medical exemption, so while I have no issue with the situation I'll be shopping out less than I would have until this fucks off. Which suits me anyway, because people.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

tim wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:30 am I don't get on well with wearing a mask becasue of my asthma, but it's not bad enough to claim medical exemption, so while I have no issue with the situation I'll be shopping out less than I would have until this fucks off. Which suits me anyway, because people.
Motorbike snoods - far cooler to look at and wear ;)
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

My concern is that people will somehow become complacent because they're wearing a mask - like it suddenly makes them "safe".

I don't think people are really aware that wearing as mask is to protect others from you and not to protect you from them.

We still need to be just as vigilant with other precautions (hand washing, not touching things too much etc).

Wearing a mask doesn't mean we can return to behaving like we used to pre-COVID.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Other than my bloody glasses steaming up in shops with anything other than freeze-your-tits-off-aircon this doesn't really impact me. Just don the mask, and enter shop.