Mito Man

Re: Muzzles*!!!

Post by Mito Man »

They can’t all be Uber drivers can they 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I've been away on holiday for a week and needed to visits a few places that required masks (shopping, attractions, ferry).

What I felt is that for a short period (buying a pint of milk or getting a takeaway) and no stress (ie not climbing stairs) they are fine, but several times we had to visit shops for a larger amount of shopping (as there is obviously no internet ordering to a campsite). Once we started to get to the 30 minute timescale both me and the wife were both beginning to feel ill with what can only be described as feeling of disorientation and nausea.

This wasn't just once but 3 times and all around the same time and same symptoms. We were both wearing tight fitting cloths masks just like those recommended.

When we had to climb stairs on the boat both going and coming the symptoms were similar but bought on much quicker by the mild exercise.

Within a few minutes of mask removal I was back to normal.

This is from someone who is a little overweight but can crank out a 23 mile offroad ride in under 2 hours and not be a wreck, so i'm not uber fit but i'm no slug either.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

I am pretty uncomfortable going forwards now wearing them and have a 4 hour boat journey to France coming up so I'll be paying extra for a cabin so I can hide away and go mask free.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Maybe try a different mask?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

No. I fitted some graphics to a car this morning. Took about an hour and it was super hot in there. I was pissing sweat, but not once did the mask bother me. Mine is a fitted ffp3 jobbie though, not material.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Possibly psychosomatic?

Wearing masks triggers my anxiety for some reason so I’ll easily fall into having a panic attack if I’m not careful. I can wear it for extended periods with no issue though, I just have to be careful if I start getting stressed.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

I dont mind having to wear them in shops. I wont however go to the cinema and wear one for 2 or 3 hours.
Simon

Post by Simon »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 pm I've been away on holiday for a week and needed to visits a few places that required masks (shopping, attractions, ferry).

What I felt is that for a short period (buying a pint of milk or getting a takeaway) and no stress (ie not climbing stairs) they are fine, but several times we had to visit shops for a larger amount of shopping (as there is obviously no internet ordering to a campsite). Once we started to get to the 30 minute timescale both me and the wife were both beginning to feel ill with what can only be described as feeling of disorientation and nausea.

This wasn't just once but 3 times and all around the same time and same symptoms. We were both wearing tight fitting cloths masks just like those recommended.

When we had to climb stairs on the boat both going and coming the symptoms were similar but bought on much quicker by the mild exercise.

Within a few minutes of mask removal I was back to normal.

This is from someone who is a little overweight but can crank out a 23 mile offroad ride in under 2 hours and not be a wreck, so i'm not uber fit but i'm no slug either.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

I am pretty uncomfortable going forwards now wearing them and have a 4 hour boat journey to France coming up so I'll be paying extra for a cabin so I can hide away and go mask free.
I have a deviated septum, inflamed nasal turbinates and excessive post nasal drip. I have some sympathy for what you're saying as it's difficult for me to breathe with that trilogy at the best of times. I'm using the 'proper' masks too, not a material one. As such I'm limiting the amount of time in shops instead. No-way would I go on a plane anywhere at the moment what with the need to wear one for hours at a time.

Masks are a necessary evil but uncomfortable. I don't begrudge having to wear one though.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

unzippy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:51 pm Maybe try a different mask?
I do have a respro (https://respro.com/store/product/techno-plus) I use for racing when it's dusty and has replaceable filters, however when I looked I wasn't sure it met the guidelines as it has outbound bypass valves. Wearing it when racing I've suffered zero ill effects (even under maximum stress) so maybe i'll just get the new filters I need and use that.

[mention]Gwaredd[/mention] I've just looked at those fitted fppe3 masks, not cheap for something that's disposable and not tax deductable for me, I'd rather go down the respro route at a similar cost as it will serve me when this is done too.

[mention]ZedLeg[/mention] No issues with mask wearing psycologically, as I said above I've worn the respro for years (about 17 now) when racing when it's dusty under a helmet and walking around in the open running race meetings to minimise the black snot syndrome we get, this was definitely a physical feeling.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 pm Wearing masks triggers my anxiety
Avoid the wrong sort of mask:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Simon wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:22 pm
I have a deviated septum, inflamed nasal turbinates and excessive post nasal drip. I have some sympathy for what you're saying as it's difficult for me to breathe with that trilogy at the best of times...
Out of interest, do you suffer from sleep apnea and wake with a sore head in the morning ?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mildly and occasionally, yes.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I wore my Force8 respirator to Waitrose once but to be honest, I looked self consciously crazy. And it has bypass valves anyway so isn’t really the right thing anyway. Got some cheap cloth ones for free from work which are fine but I’ve also ordered a more classy looking Houndstooth one from Charles Tyrwitt. https://www.ctshirts.com/uk/mens-acces ... ace-masks/
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Amazing how we’ve even started turning items of PPE into fashion items, like it matters what colour your mask is!

I reckon there’s an opening for Cristal brand hand sanitiser next!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:17 am Amazing how we’ve even started turning items of PPE into fashion items, like it matters what colour your mask is!

I reckon there’s an opening for Cristal brand hand sanitiser next!
The wife made a couple
For me out of some old kids t-shirts and a pair of tights 8-)

London fashion week awaits.

Dave!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The proper lightweight PPE ones they use in hospitals seem to be much less restrictive and claustrophobic feeling than the heavier cotton, homemade ones we’re al buying. I wonder if its the relative weight/bulk feeling that makes them unpleasant to wear? The difference between the two I wore at the hospital - first mine, then theirs was night and day - even when just sitting reading a book for a while, so i do get how people are struggling with them.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 am

The wife made a couple
For me and a pair of tights 8-)
I hope she didn't use the crotch area (unless you're into that sort of thing?)
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:50 am

The wife made a couple
:lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:46 am
Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:50 am

The wife made a couple
:lol:
The world is a bright and varied place, we must embrace our cravings :lol:

No it was the leg, when rolled it doesn’t hurt behind the ear after wearing it for a long time.

Or I just love the smell of a bit of shin ;)

Dave!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Gross!
Cheers.

Gwaredd