FTAO of nefarious

Nefarious

Re: FTAO of nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Foz wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:15 pm
Nefarious wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:18 pm I know my little coup is probably not super interesting to everyone, but today is the day when the proverbial tanks rolled into the town square.

First thing this morning, I removed SMRC and associated parties as admins off the Scottish Formula Ford page, and dropped the announcement of the Scottish Renegade Cup - a three event championship taking in the Gold Cup at Oulton Park, an SLS sprint event at Knockhill, and the David Leslie Trophy (normally highlight of the Scottish FF season).

It took all of about 3 minutes until my messenger started pinging :lol:

I can speak a bit more freely on here, but I'm really hoping this is the start of a bright new future, with no petty politics, no self-interested folks lining their own pockets, no expensed lunches, no overpriced black tie dinners, and no fucking blazers. It better go right, because ultimately I'm underwriting the cost of the track hire, and it could get very expensive if no fucker shows up :shock:
how are you goign to get a grid?

We have 28 cars out in modsports (old sports and saloons) :)

smrc wont see out the year..
On the 17-18 October, you mean? Stuart Grey has put space in the programme aside for us. Testing on the Saturday will be a bit of a squeeze, but he's going to add an extra hour to fit us in. Don't want to jinx it, but I'm hoping for 15+ cars (I have 7-9 committed from the Scottish guys, 3-4 showing from interest from BRSCC and HSCC is going to push it as one of their own events, so maybe 5-10).

If you meant the SLS event, they're just adding an hour to the programme for 3 x 15 mins for Warm up/Practice/quali plus a bit for the finals.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Foz

Post by Foz »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Foz wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:15 pm
Nefarious wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:18 pm It better go right, because ultimately I'm underwriting the cost of the track hire, and it could get very expensive if no fucker shows up :shock:
how are you goign to get a grid?

We have 28 cars out in modsports (old sports and saloons) :)

smrc wont see out the year..
On the 17-18 October, you mean? Stuart Grey has put space in the programme aside for us. Testing on the Saturday will be a bit of a squeeze, but he's going to add an extra hour to fit us in. Don't want to jinx it, but I'm hoping for 15+ cars (I have 7-9 committed from the Scottish guys, 3-4 showing from interest from BRSCC and HSCC is going to push it as one of their own events, so maybe 5-10).

If you meant the SLS event, they're just adding an hour to the programme for 3 x 15 mins for Warm up/Practice/quali plus a bit for the finals.
No just the bit above i meant re the underwriting.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Nice bit of press coverage yesterday

And a little mention in the Sun, ahead of a bigger feature piece in a couple of weeks time
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

8-) Good work!
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Well, boys and girls, its finally here - Scottish Formula Ford's great post-lockdown homecoming 🏁🏁😁
We have a respectable grid of eight cars at Knockhill for testing on Saturday and a full race programme of quali and two races on Sunday.
At times it's been like pulling teeth to get to this point (and I keep half forgetting that I've actually got to go out and race as well!), but I'm really hoping this is the start of a bright new future!
mik

Post by mik »

Vive la revolution!

Good luck Neil. 😎
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Get in! 8-) 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JonMad wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 am Get in! 8-) 8-)
That's what the guy with the sledge hammer is trying to do.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

ScoFoFo's hoco fo sho, mofos. Good luck with it all 8-)
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Nice one Neil :)
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

The event was a stonking success, and I've now been invited for a sit down meeting with the Knockhill head honcho to discuss the future.
My performance as a driver was less impressive - just couldn't get my head into it, and struggled for pace all weekend (2 5th places).
But, as an overall outcome, I'm very happy - I'd far rather lose the first race of a triumphant return, than win the final hurrah!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 am The event was a stonking success, and I've now been invited for a sit down meeting with the Knockhill head honcho to discuss the future.
My performance as a driver was less impressive - just couldn't get my head into it, and struggled for pace all weekend (2 5th places).
But, as an overall outcome, I'm very happy - I'd far rather lose the first race of a triumphant return, than win the final hurrah!
The richest man in F1 is not one of the drivers, Neil - how do you fancy running motor racing?
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 am
Nefarious wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:35 am The event was a stonking success, and I've now been invited for a sit down meeting with the Knockhill head honcho to discuss the future.
The richest man in F1 is not one of the drivers, Neil - how do you fancy running motor racing?
Not quite ready to hang up my racing boots, but this is evolving into a nice little alternative when the time does come...
mik

Post by mik »

8-) That’s a great outcome.
Foz

Post by Foz »

:mrgreen:

Lost my racing mojo as well at the moment, although many reasons for that 😂
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Excellent stuff, Nef 8-)
I'm sure once organizing becomes normal your head will get back into the driving.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Little video of the whole event, including some nice bits of slomo formula ford!
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Oops. My first big cock up. I make the mistake of posting a points standing to the Scottish Formula Ford Facebook page. Which apparently crosses the line into "unauthorised championship". It took less than 20 mins before the legal threats started arriving :shock:

Strictly speaking, our status changed when the SLS event got upgraded to a proper race. Before that, we were just three individual events, no interest from MSA, and we were free to post whatever we like on social media. At the point where one venue (i.e. Knockhill) is putting on more than one race event, the whole thing becomes a series (hence last week's flap about retrospective registration) and the MSA do care how things are being run.

What can I say - I'm new at this and every day's a schoolday! No harm done :oops:

In other news, we got a nice bit of PR in the Sun again off the back of last weekend (especially how we get top billing ahead of SMRC's event :D ):
mik

Post by mik »

You’re not the messiah, you’re a very naughty boy.