Foz

FTAO of nefarious

Post by Foz »

Racing plans for 2020!?

:(
Orange Cola

Re: FTAO of nefarious

Post by Orange Cola »

I would imagine the big clubs get first dibs on what remaining circuit availability there is e.g. BTCC and whatever the big bike ones are followed by the larger clubs such as 750MC, BRSCC etc.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

For the moment, I'll just say "evolving".

As you probably know, SMRC has binned us off altogether for 2020, which in turn makes things look a bit shaky for 2021.
At the very least, myself and a few other of the Scottish FF guys will be doing some English races (definitely FFF and WHT), but I'm in discussions with a few people about a present (and possibly future) without SMRC.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Foz

Post by Foz »

Yeah, pm me if you want, we were sick of being the runt of the smrc litter so broke away the tail end of the year, hoping to have a 22 car grid with the KMSC races with a better amended 2020 calendar.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the smrc don’t last the year, can’t say I will shed a tear either...
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Foz wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 pm I wouldn’t be surprised if the smrc don’t last the year, can’t say I will shed a tear either...
Depends how quickly they can empty the bank account :roll: :roll:
Foz

Post by Foz »

Nefarious wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:14 pm
Foz wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 pm I wouldn’t be surprised if the smrc don’t last the year, can’t say I will shed a tear either...
Depends how quickly they can empty the bank account :roll: :roll:
Quickly, the BD role paid £50k :lol: :roll:
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Try £80k, and don't even get me started on the fucking Drive festival and all the consultancy fees paid out. They were genuinely claiming that they were going to double the attendance of Ignition in Glasgow, despite no guest stars, no F1 cars and being in Kelso (arsehole of nowhere for the non-Scots).

Sometime a plan is SO bad, it can't not be deliberate.
Foz

Post by Foz »

:lol: :roll:
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

I know my little coup is probably not super interesting to everyone, but today is the day when the proverbial tanks rolled into the town square.

First thing this morning, I removed SMRC and associated parties as admins off the Scottish Formula Ford page, and dropped the announcement of the Scottish Renegade Cup - a three event championship taking in the Gold Cup at Oulton Park, an SLS sprint event at Knockhill, and the David Leslie Trophy (normally highlight of the Scottish FF season).

It took all of about 3 minutes until my messenger started pinging :lol:

I can speak a bit more freely on here, but I'm really hoping this is the start of a bright new future, with no petty politics, no self-interested folks lining their own pockets, no expensed lunches, no overpriced black tie dinners, and no fucking blazers. It better go right, because ultimately I'm underwriting the cost of the track hire, and it could get very expensive if no fucker shows up :shock:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Good luck! (not so much from the financial side - you'll have figured that so it won't be needed - but from the petty politics pov.).
mik

Post by mik »

Scott sent me a link earlier - great stuff Neil 😎
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

"Not super interesting" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome news, Nef. 8-)
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Nefarious wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:04 am Try £80k, and don't even get me started on the fucking Drive festival and all the consultancy fees paid out. They were genuinely claiming that they were going to double the attendance of Ignition in Glasgow, despite no guest stars, no F1 cars and being in Kelso (arsehole of nowhere for the non-Scots).

Sometime a plan is SO bad, it can't not be deliberate.
8 miles from my front door and it is a beautiful toon! :lol: But I agree it is not exactly central. Was it at the Borders Show Ground?

Good news, which I saw something about on FB I think. Good luck.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:48 pm "Not super interesting" :lol: :lol: :lol:
The process would make a half-decent soap opera, but phoning lots of folks, smoothing over personal differences, and persuading them that their various self-interests *do* really align, is considerably less exciting than the actual driving round in circles bit ;)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

A stretched Bernie!!

Dave!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Well done Neil! 👏🏻
Cheers,

Mike.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:24 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:48 pm "Not super interesting" :lol: :lol: :lol:
The process would make a half-decent soap opera, but phoning lots of folks, smoothing over personal differences, and persuading them that their various self-interests *do* really align, is considerably less exciting than the actual driving round in circles bit ;)
I picture it more like Bob Hoskins shouting into a phone to "shut your fackin' mouf and do as your fackin' told."

Because you're the spitting image of Bob. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

I may end up resorting to those tactics.

"Today I'm asking nicely, tomorrow I'll be sending Big Ron to pay you a visit" :lol: :lol:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:09 pm
"Today I'm asking nicely, tomorrow I'll be sending Jobbo to pay you a visit" :lol: :lol:
Steady on!!! :shock:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Foz

Post by Foz »

Nefarious wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:18 pm I know my little coup is probably not super interesting to everyone, but today is the day when the proverbial tanks rolled into the town square.

First thing this morning, I removed SMRC and associated parties as admins off the Scottish Formula Ford page, and dropped the announcement of the Scottish Renegade Cup - a three event championship taking in the Gold Cup at Oulton Park, an SLS sprint event at Knockhill, and the David Leslie Trophy (normally highlight of the Scottish FF season).

It took all of about 3 minutes until my messenger started pinging :lol:

I can speak a bit more freely on here, but I'm really hoping this is the start of a bright new future, with no petty politics, no self-interested folks lining their own pockets, no expensed lunches, no overpriced black tie dinners, and no fucking blazers. It better go right, because ultimately I'm underwriting the cost of the track hire, and it could get very expensive if no fucker shows up :shock:
how are you goign to get a grid?

We have 28 cars out in modsports (old sports and saloons) :)

smrc wont see out the year..