Post by mik »

Nothing like as fancy Nancy as his US home to be fair

“Huh - just a single garage for that big place”

Think again kiddo....

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/50162678
Mito Man

Re: Tony Stark’s London Pad for sale

Post by Mito Man »

Funny, I usually go to the Spaniards inn pub there then walk the dog down that road. Don’t know if they’ve had a crime problem recently but there were about 20 security cars there on Monday night patrolling the street. Few dictators have homes on that road supposedly. That Stark styled house is one of the smaller ones towards the end of the road.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

So cool. Want.
mik

Post by mik »

Can you imagine making that space and placing a flame-painted Plymouth Prowler front & centre.... :?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Pretty shit selection to be honest considering it’s a £15m house. A Porsche 914 and Ferrari 328 were about the cheapest of their respective brands a few years back, and a flamed prowler? Good grief!

I like the space but don’t really like anything else about the place 😒
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Harry is correct
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

There’s a house near me that they’re building (and have been for a long time because of ecological issues). I look at the plans online every now and then and the underground garage on it is pretty epic! 😎

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Another meh from me. Most of the asking price is because it’s London and I don’t like London.

I actually went somewhere more impressive (to me at least) recently. I was viewing a tyre rack for my trailer, totally innocuous at that point. The address led to a nice private road in Windsor. Some very nice houses on the way up. One had matching new Bentleys with matching plates. His house was large, not as extravagant as some on the road, but he had totally refurbed and made the ENTIRE ground floor his workshop. He is a collector of 70s/80s F1 & single seater cars :shock:

And “workshop” is unfair, it was spotless even though he had an area set aside for lathe, CNC mill, etc. He does use it.

There was a Warsteiner Arrows, a Chevron and a Lotus. Plus a couple of single seater chassis I didn’t recognise. A random very early Alfa. Some classic race bikes. And under a cover, what I’m pretty sure was a Dino. He mentioned has has other cars in storage but it was clear he didn’t really want to share too much detail with a total stranger. Fair enough I guess.

The tyre rack didn’t fit.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Well I’ve got to know what road you’re talking about now!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

House is rather garish.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 pm Well I’ve got to know what road you’re talking about now!
I’ll PM you...
Beany

Post by Beany »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:22 pm House is rather garish.
I was thinking, might have money, but the taste is lacking.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

If you have £15mill to buy it, you have another mill to change the decor. I was more interested in the garage than the rest tbh!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Garage space is great, like the cinema room too actually, but I'd change the decor of the rest of the place.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:31 pm If you have £15mill to buy it, you have another mill to change the decor. I was more interested in the garage than the rest tbh!
You'd need more than that I think.

Zoopla suggested that I could have it on a mortgage for a measly £60k/month, which is a tad more than I pay now.
---
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:31 pm If you have £15mill to buy it, you have another mill to change the decor.
That’s along the lines of the advice my BiL received when last moving house; that whatever you buy you should budget another 20% to refit the kitchen. Kitchens are the most willy-waving part of the house so even if it’s all brand new you need to rip it all out to prove that you have MUCH better taste than the last people. Even if you don’t.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:31 pm If you have £15mill to buy it, you have another mill to change the decor. I was more interested in the garage than the rest tbh!

Zoopla suggested that I could have it on a mortgage for a measly £60k/month, which is a tad more than I pay now.
I doubt people who buy houses like that need mortgages.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:49 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:47 pm

I doubt people who buy houses like that need mortgages.
I would agree.
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:31 pm If you have £15mill to buy it, you have another mill to change the decor.
That’s along the lines of the advice my BiL received when last moving house; that whatever you buy you should budget another 20% to refit the kitchen. Kitchens are the most willy-waving part of the house so even if it’s all brand new you need to rip it all out to prove that you have MUCH better taste than the last people. Even if you don’t.
My advice would be to buy a house where some muppet has spent 20% of the value on a recent kitchen re-fit and won’t get a penny of that back in the sale.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

My standard approach is to buy houses in nice areas with kitchens that resemble crack dens. No point in an ok kitchen that’s not to your taste adding a penny to the asking price!