Fish Supper

I consume mine

Contents Transferred onto a plate, eaten using a knife and fork.
57%
As above but using fine bone China and silver cutlery only
3%
In Paper placed on table/placemat using my hands (aka THE ONLY CORRECT WAY)
24%
In Paper placed onto a plate so I can clean more dishes
8%
Off the floor using feet only
No votes
By ramming my face into the paper packaging - no hands (aka the Mudge method)
3%
I am fed by the butler
3%
Eww - a chip shop? I’d rather starve!
3%
I just shove it all up my bottom / in my ears etc. But with a knife and fork - I’m not an animal.
No votes

Total votes: 37

mik

Re: Fish Supper

Post by mik »

Alex_ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am
mik wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:13 am
Alex_ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am Salt, no vinegar, tartar sauce, on a plate, with chopsticks.
I would like to apologise. Not just to Alex, but to the entire forum, for failing to add a voting option for this combination. Sometime we screw up guys. :cry:
As punishment, I'll send a fish supper from Blue Lagoon.
Brutality!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 am Cheese?!?? I’d never seen that in all my young years living up in the proper north, it was always just salt & vinegar.

One of the biggest culture shocks I’ve had was when I moved to Edinburgh and was greeted by “salt & sauce?”. WTF??
Can't believe you spent time in Thurso and never had chips, cheese and mayo.

I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it, but after kicking out time in Skinandis it was nice.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 am
dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am
speedingfine wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Dafuuq?
I know - I love fish but just not cooked in that way.

If I must, I'll have a battered sausage, chips and curry sauce. I must have a fork of some description to eat this on the move but at home, it's transferred to a plate and eaten with cutlery. The plate is then washed. :lol:
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Beany wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:48 am
Ascender wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 am Cheese?!?? I’d never seen that in all my young years living up in the proper north, it was always just salt & vinegar.

One of the biggest culture shocks I’ve had was when I moved to Edinburgh and was greeted by “salt & sauce?”. WTF??
Can't believe you spent time in Thurso and never had chips, cheese and mayo.

I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it, but after kicking out time in Skinandis it was nice.
I think i lead a much more sheltered life than you when in Thurso 😉

I didn’t even know mayo existed, let alone that some people put it on chips until about the year 2000.

Chips and curry sauce, yes, but never cheese or mayo. Chips n cheese seemed popular down Edinburgh way though.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Have you never been to Belgium?! It’s the only bloody thing you can find there 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mayo is a good name for a horse.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 pm Have you never been to Belgium?! It’s the only bloody thing you can find there 😂
Oh I’m a big convert to it now, but was utterly unaware of anybody doing it for a very long time. Actually, maybe it was Pulp Fiction that first mentioned it...
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I went to Belgium on a school trip in the early 90s and have been a big fan of mayo on chips since.

Not chippy chips though, they’re different for some reason. Only vinegar or chippy sauce.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mayo can get in the bin. It's minging stuff unless homemade.

Chips and salad cream though, now that works peachy.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I was first introduced to mayo on chips in Holland, I love it
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 pm I went to Belgium on a school trip in the early 90s and have been a big fan of mayo on chips since.

Not chippy chips though, they’re different for some reason. Only vinegar or chippy sauce.
Having never had it, nor been to Edinburgh ( :( ) I just looked this up.
Might give it a go tonight as we've got burger and chips on the menu (not from a chippy though)
Left over crest; tightens.
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 pm I went to Belgium on a school trip in the early 90s and have been a big fan of mayo on chips since.

Must admit, not had cheese and mayo on chips since moving to Leeds (I mean, cheese, yes) but I can see it working better on 'dirty takeaway' fries, rather than proper chippy chips, now that I'm a touch older and (allegedly) wiser.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm Mayo can get in the bin. It's minging stuff
This.
mik

Post by mik »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Having never had it, nor been to Edinburgh ( :( ) I just looked this up.
Might give it a go tonight as we've got burger and chips on the menu (not from a chippy though)
[mention]JonMad[/mention] this was already discussed on page 4. See also here
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Anyway I see there’s still no correct option on the poll. Down in the sophisticated South East takeaway fish and chips is served in a rectangular cardboard box, with tartar sauce and ketchup. Mayonnaise is optional and a pickled onion is essential.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:41 pm Anyway I see there’s still no correct option on the poll. Down in the sophisticated South East takeaway fish and chips is served in a rectangular cardboard box, with tartar sauce and ketchup. Mayonnaise is optional and a pickled onion is essential.
Yeah and you'll pay about £6-7 just for the fish down there. In fact, for the cost the correct option in the SE should be that they cut it up and feed it to you.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I hate the cardboard boxes you get now. Loved the old expanded polystyrene which retained the vinegar well.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My preferred place in London costs £14 for a large cod and chips. Add condiments, a drink and just round it up to £20 with a tip.
South coast is more like £10 for the same.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm My preferred place in London costs £14 for a large cod and chips. Add condiments, a drink and just round it up to £20 with a tip.
South coast is more like £10 for the same.
£12 gets double that here :lol:

I'm aware of the painful cost down there after staying on the southcoast a few times for GFOS or the Revival.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

All I really want now are some pickled onions.
Cheers,

Mike.