Fish Supper

I consume mine

Contents Transferred onto a plate, eaten using a knife and fork.
57%
As above but using fine bone China and silver cutlery only
3%
In Paper placed on table/placemat using my hands (aka THE ONLY CORRECT WAY)
24%
In Paper placed onto a plate so I can clean more dishes
8%
Off the floor using feet only
No votes
By ramming my face into the paper packaging - no hands (aka the Mudge method)
3%
I am fed by the butler
3%
Eww - a chip shop? I’d rather starve!
3%
I just shove it all up my bottom / in my ears etc. But with a knife and fork - I’m not an animal.
No votes

Total votes: 37

mik

Fish Supper

Post by mik »

Everyone loves a food thread ;)

This thread is titled “Fish Supper” but is also applicable to the Ingerland equivalent - imaginatively referred to as “Fish And Chips”.

It is also applicable to Non-fish based suppers. These include, but are not limited to, Sausage suppers, Hamburger Suppers, Smoked Sausage Suppers, Black Pudding Suppers, White Pudding Suppers, Haggis Suppers, Chicken Suppers, Pizza Suppers, Pizza-crunch suppers, Steak Pie Suppers, King Rib Suppers, Saveloy & Chips (nobody ever had a feckin Saveloy Supper) etc etc etc.

We got a chippy on Saturday night, and I was dismayed to look around the table and see such a low percentage of people consuming theirs in the correct way. :(

So what do you do?
Last edited by mik on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Fish Supper

Post by Rich B »

How do you consume it in the wrong way? There’s surely only a limited number of holes in the human body you can put it in and it stays in?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If you put it in the wrong hole surely it will also stay in?
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

I added an option for you Rich
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:01 pm If you put it in the wrong hole surely it will also stay in?
You're weird.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I somehow didn’t see the options above your post, but now that I do...

You eat fish and chips with your hands?!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:01 pm If you put it in the wrong hole surely it will also stay in?
This has made me think of a recent tweet I saw from someone who is also a sex worker. I’ll never look at a Crunchie in the same way ever again...

Anyway, I was always brought up to decant it on to a plate and eat with kinfe & fork. Mrs Mike however puts the wrapper on a plate and uses that as a tray - plate won’t be washed afterwards.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:09 pm Mrs Mike however puts the wrapper on a plate and uses that as a tray - plate won’t be washed afterwards.
Just licked clean and popped back in the cupboard like the 80’s Supernoodle advert? Fair play.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

I knew I shouldn’t have eaten that fish supper in front of you.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Hang on, it’s missing the other correct method. When oot and aboot it’s out the bag, held with one hand whilst the other is using the supplied disposable cutlery. Leaning on an object is optional but if it’s on a car in an 80’s manner then it’s immediate arrest.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
mik

Post by mik »

RichB uses a knife and fork to eat a MaccyD’s cheeseburger. FACT.
mik

Post by mik »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:16 pm Hang on, it’s missing the other method. When oot and aboot it’s out the bag, correctly held with one hand whilst the other is incorrectly using the supplied disposable cutlery.
Fair point.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm RichB uses a knife and fork to eat a MaccyD’s cheeseburger. FACT.
there are some cooked foods that are made to be eaten using your fingers. Burgers, chips, pizza, hotdogs, etc..

How do you eat a battered fish with your fingers? Do you pick up the whole thing and take a bite or get your fingers right into it and try to rip a bit out?! Either way, it’s wrong you animal!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 pm
Ascender wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:09 pm Mrs Mike however puts the wrapper on a plate and uses that as a tray - plate won’t be washed afterwards.
Just licked clean and popped back in the cupboard like the 80’s Supernoodle advert? Fair play.
Well, if its inside a container and that’s on paper, there’s often no residue left on the plate. That’s her argument.

Although I’d still wash them. Or at least let one of the dogs lick ‘em before putting them back in the cupboard.
Cheers,

Mike.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm
mik wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm RichB uses a knife and fork to eat a MaccyD’s cheeseburger. FACT.
there are some cooked foods that are made to be eaten using your fingers. Burgers, chips, pizza, hotdogs, etc..

How do you eat a battered fish with your fingers? Do you pick up the whole thing and take a bite or get your fingers right into it and try to rip a bit out?! Either way, it’s wrong you animal!
I dread to think what the state of Miks car is in after he’s man handled his fish into his face :lol: Maybe Mik has a beard, and cats, and that’s his weird way of treating them?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Rip it in to chunks first, then just pick up the whole thing as it gets a bit more manageable.

Have you never eaten these things when out and about where there’s just no cutlery? Or at a running race checkpoint because its the only food you are craving and have made diva-like demands of your support crew?
Cheers,

Mike.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 pm
You eat fish and chips with your hands?!
:lol: it seems wrong now that you've highlighted the practice but yes and if things get really messy i may use a plastic or wooden spork that you get from the chippy, rather cutlery.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Maybe get an adult to cut it into smaller chunks for you.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Eating a chippy with cutlery is just wrong.

With your hands out of the paper.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I eat it with cutlery, oh the shame. :(

In the past I have eaten it from the wrapper but off a plate, but in the end I find the paper just gets in the way so I've taken to decanting it on to the plate and discarding the wrapping.

I don't really like getting my hands dirty when eating though if I can avoid it.
Last edited by duncs500 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.