Wedding rings

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Re: Wedding rings

Post by 16vCento »

I've probably worn mine for about 2 weeks in the entire time we've been married.

I hate wearing any kind of ring, chain, watch or anything.

In fact I hate carrying anything at all, even bags, which is why when we go shopping to Leeds, the wife shops, and me and the boy go to the pub 😂
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Lost my first one on honeymoon, in the sea :lol:

Replaced with an identical plain titanium one when I got home, although I did go down a size.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

dinny_g wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:25 pm Nah, that guy’s too young... ;)

(Sorry Paul.. :P )
I'll never be old enough to want a gold watch. You have to work somewhere for 50 years to get one, and I retired when I was 54. ;)
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Married for 2 and a half months this time and have a white gold wedding ring. My first one was regular gold and I still have it in a drawer somewhere waiting to be taken to Cash for Gold or somewhere similar.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Been wearing the same wedding ring (white and yellow gold) for 9 years. My wife had her rings reduced in size at a local jeweller. Strangely, not too expensive to have then resized up again if needed.

I've also worn a signet ring since I was 18 and been wearing my nan's wedding ring on my right hand pinkie since that day my Mum gave it to me. It was just a convenient place to put it and I've just worn it there ever since. Fortunately I've not caught the rings on anything but yes, that could be nasty.

I used to wear a bracelet that I bought in Saudi Arabia, and a necklace with an ankh on it, but have stopped wearing both of those. Only wear the one watch :)
Left over crest; tightens.
tim

Post by tim »

I sold mine for scrap lol
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

PaulJ wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:49 pm
dinny_g wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:25 pm Nah, that guy’s too young... ;)

(Sorry Paul.. :P )
I'll never be old enough to want a gold watch. You have to work somewhere for 50 years to get one, and I retired when I was 54. ;)
Winning!
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Stainless Steel, three stripes around the edge with the inner brushed and the outer two polished. Been on 6 years, it's now all brushed steel.
Lucky I bought two at the time ;)
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division