Police out in force

Broccers

Police out in force

Post by Broccers »

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/r ... 5sax6EHn34

Part of me is thinking they are now recouping revenue - thoughts?
NotoriousREV

Re: Police out in force

Post by NotoriousREV »

No one is speeding around here. Every time I go out I get stuck behind a Honda Jazz, Nissan Note and/or cyclists.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s the easiest thing to dish out a fine for again. They can no longer go round fining everyone for not exercising 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

General speeds round here are definitely up on the norm.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, I’m not doing many miles but I’m going way faster than is allowed.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Broccers wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:43 pm https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/r ... 5sax6EHn34

The fines go to central government, not the forces though.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm No one is speeding around here. Every time I go out I get stuck behind a Honda Jazz, Nissan Note and/or cyclists.
Same here.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Simon wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:19 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:43 pm https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/r ... 5sax6EHn34

The fines go to central government, not the forces though.
Targets
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The roads were fantastically empty when I went in to the office a couple of nights ago. Much fun was had on the way back.

I love how the article says... "Recently police also stopped a car driver travelling at 132mph on the A19 near Thirsk. Speeds of 122mph on the A64 and 117mph on the A168 have also been recorded in the last few weeks."

Sounds like a wager to me!
Cheers,

Mike.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm No one is speeding around here. Every time I go out I get stuck behind a Honda Jazz, Nissan Note and/or cyclists.
They're absolutely flying here
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 pm Yeah, I’m not doing many miles but I’m going way faster than is allowed.
Very much so. I can't help myself on empty roads.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Nathan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:11 pm
They're absolutely flying here
No here, someone in a Fiat 500 decided to overtake a Morrisons van in a 40mph limit going uphill, only the 500 driver appeared to attempt it in 5th gear and took up part of the solid white line to pull off the over take :lol: I'm only laughing because it's pot luck there wasn't someone coming the other way round the bend until a second or two after they pulled over.

500 driver then proceeded to hold up the Morrisons van :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve only come across very fast and very slow drivers and no one in between! In fact it reminds me of France or Italy during off peak season. The good thing is there’s fewer cars and you don’t get 10+ long car trains so it’s easy to pull off overtakes and continue on your way.
Had a good cross country jaunt with a Focus this morning for 20 miles, overtook many cars. Haven’t followed a decent driver in months. Had a Macan yesterday who overtook me on a 40, but he just gunned it on the straits and crawled round the bends - no fun or finesse.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ftao Mito; plenty lurking about the M20 earlier.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The section of the A19 near me is undergoing major works, widening to 3 lanes and converting old concrete surface to tarmac so it’s now 50mph and covered in average speed cameras. Just means people doing daft speeds once they come off it now
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

What are they doing - eye sight testing the motorists?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

They're doing a lot of stops round here, primarily checking on roadworthiness (esp. for cars on 6 month MOT extensions) and insurance. The insurance one is particularly sneaky, as the trick appears to be "What is the purpose of your journey?" - "Work" - "In that case we'll tow your car on the assumption that you only have social, domestic and pleasure insurance, unless you can prove otherwise". And of course, half the insurance companies aren't there to provide that confirmation.
My friend got his car towed on this basis week before last. Took 4 days for the insurance company to come up with the paperwork to prove he did have business cover, and even then the cops tried to argue the toss, claiming that because some of his deliveries were car parts, he needed a specific motor trade policy. Came good in the end (including, unbelievably, a personal verbal apology), but they're clearly up to it.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I do respect the police, I don't like people who just point the finger at the police and go "you're a bunch of pigs out to ruin it for everyone", but they really aren't helping themselves when the force has a policy to stop people and be that picky over their policy. I bet they'd argue I should have a motor trade policy because I engineer cars for a living yet there's no requirement for me to have a motor trade policy for the job I do.

Edit to add: isn't having your car towed assuming you're guilty from the outset? What ever happened to issuing a producer?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am

Edit to add: isn't having your car towed assuming you're guilty from the outset? What ever happened to issuing a producer?
Because if you don't have valid insurance you shouldn't be driving at all.

And why would you have to wait for the insurer? Surely the policyholder should have the relevant documentation to prove they have business cover?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:10 am
Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am

Because if you don't have valid insurance you shouldn't be driving at all.

And why would you have to wait for the insurer? Surely the policyholder should have the relevant documentation to prove they have business cover?
Yeah mine is stated on the insurance certificate, which I received in an email.