Aches and pains

Beany

Re: Aches and pains

Post by Beany »

I'm a 3, although what is actually niggling me changes on a seasonal basis. Sometimes my back, sometimes my neck, sometimes shoulder, sometimes leg, etc.

Never usually enough to impact me too much, although the back pain can be a bugger when it swings around.
Marv

Post by Marv »

2 for the most part. Occasionally I get some lower back pain and I get neck pains every now and then from the car crash I had a few decades ago.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

5 - Arthritis in my right hand thumb joints, was due to have an operation to remove one before all this kicked off. I have steroid injections which mask the pain for a while then it is back and worse.
Barry

Post by Barry »

2 here I think, after my back spasm a couple of years back I find myself with regular stiff back first thing in the morning, which clears as soon as I move about.
I do regular stretch/pilates and varied exercise to keep tabs on it. Suspect it'll get annoying as I get older or if I have to stop my exercise for any long periods.

I don't take meds for anything, other than the odd ant-acid, don't even drink that much.

47yr old for reference..
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

2. Just odd aches and pains. Back is often uncomfortable when I wake up in the morning... which stops lie ins I guess. Other random aches, but nothing I'd dream of bothering a doctor with.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Is there is a 0? Never get any aches or pains, and probably wouldn't go to a GP unless I felt it was absolutely needed (chronically painful/discoloured etc)
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Odd isn't it, we won't go to a doctor until it's severe and in some cases too late but if it was a fault on our cars we get it fixed ASAP.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

43 next week, no issues, no pains. My right knee clicks/crunches when I walk up stairs, but it doesn't hurt.

The serious issues I've had have all been permanently fixed by medical intervention (gallstones) and I was lucky enough that the pain wasn't very bad. So I'll put myself in category 1.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm Odd isn't it, we won't go to a doctor until it's severe and in some cases too late but if it was a fault on our cars we get it fixed ASAP.
Going to the GP is awful, they are always desperate to get you out of their office and you've probably got a better chance of diagnosing yourself on the internet at home! Getting a car fixed is a walk in the park in comparison.

I'll almost certainly die because of my hatred of GPs. :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm Odd isn't it, we won't go to a doctor until it's severe and in some cases too late but if it was a fault on our cars we get it fixed ASAP.
Thing is with GP's - by the time you've got the appointment you're either better or you're dead. I did want to get my cholesterol levels checked, purely out of interest.

I'm not quite there yet, but anyone here over 40 having their NHS Health check regularly?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Matty wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:15 pm
Thing is with GP's - by the time you've got the appointment you're either better or you're dead. I did want to get my cholesterol levels checked, purely out of interest.

I'm not quite there yet, but anyone here over 40 having their NHS Health check regularly?
I'm clearly fortunate, I can get an appointment at my GP usually within 2 days. I never feel pressured to get out of the surgery either
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Never really had issues getting to the GP. Helps that they're less than a 100 metres from my house and as I work from home most of the time (before Corona) I can be there in under a minute to take any cancelled appointments when I need it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

39. 6ft, 70kg. My lower back / hips are generally a 2-3 but occasionally plays up a bit more and might need a tablet to take the edge off it. Doesn't really stop me doing anything and not bad enough to seek any proper medical help for it.

Noticed my left knee can be painful if I go down at the wrong angle to kneel on it.

Generally pretty active, but only though being on my feet and moving around all day at work, not through actual exercise for the sake of it.
Cheers, Harry
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:57 am 39. 6ft, 70kg. My lower back / hips are generally a 2-3 but occasionally plays up a bit more and might need a tablet to take the edge off it. Doesn't really stop me doing anything and not bad enough to seek any proper medical help for it.
Seriously, get your vitamin d levels checked.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I'd say a 1 for me. Nothing causing me problems. Had a bad back when younger but that has been fine for years now. I am quite unfit though so my heart will probably explode. I struggle to enjoy or get motivated enough for regular exercise. Saying that, I really enjoyed doing yoga so I will have to stop being lazy and get doing it again.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

duncs500 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm
Going to the GP is awful, they are always desperate to get you out of their office and you've probably got a better chance of diagnosing yourself on the internet at home! Getting a car fixed is a walk in the park in comparison.

Change GP. Ours are brilliant. I can usually get an appointment the same day, they’re usually on time and appointments never feel rushed. Don’t put up with shit service. Find a local doctor that gets good reviews on the NHS website.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:26 am
duncs500 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Change GP. Ours are brilliant. I can usually get an appointment the same day, they’re usually on time and appointments never feel rushed. Don’t put up with shit service. Find a local doctor that gets good reviews on the NHS website.
Well we've moved now anyway, so I have changed but I haven't been to the new one.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:14 am
integrale_evo wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:57 am 39. 6ft, 70kg. My lower back / hips are generally a 2-3 but occasionally plays up a bit more and might need a tablet to take the edge off it. Doesn't really stop me doing anything and not bad enough to seek any proper medical help for it.
Seriously, get your vitamin d levels checked.
As always... this...

I started getting pains finger joints - I had broken a finger on the knuckle and just put it down to that but over time, it started to spread to other fingers. I had half decided it was probably Gout. :lol: I'm 6 months into Religious Vit D taking and its all but gone - even in the finger that was broken.

Seriously, they should but Vitamin in the water...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Absolutely. Something like this happened to one of my wife’s closest friends recently - as we get older, its just not worth taking any chances. If something doesn’t feel right, go get it looked at please.
Cheers,

Mike.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Despite being one of the older members (52 last week! :shock:), I'm probably a 2. My upper back and shoulders primarily which is down to posture and sitting down all day for a living. If I overdo the running I occasionally get a bit of knee pain but nothing serious. It could be a lot worse.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.