Your lockdown purchases.

MikeHunt

Re: Your lockdown purchases.

Post by MikeHunt »

Love the Lego Barry, my son and I have just finished the batwing and now onto the classic 991.

Last year our holiday was cancelled so we spent the money on the garden (will add photos to the house project thread some other time) and this (no we aren’t swingers)

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I'm curious as to UK costs of something like that? Looking at one here but not sure if we're being reamed on pricing.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

scotta wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:24 pm does a Lotus Elise Club racer count?
Fuck yes it does. 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

MikeHunt wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:55 pm Love the Lego Barry, my son and I have just finished the batwing and now onto the classic 991.

Last year our holiday was cancelled so we spent the money on the garden (will add photos to the house project thread some other time) and this (no we aren’t swingers)

Dirty sex pond.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:59 pm I'm curious as to UK costs of something like that? Looking at one here but not sure if we're being reamed on pricing.
Isn't that the whole point of it?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My dad purchased one during the second lockdown. I got in once and hated it but it wasn't exactly a good experience. I'm certain it was near boiling, but there was a stiff breeze that day so my head was numb from the cold whilst sweating due to my body cooking. Then there was way too much chlorine, my eyes were watering as they were stinging so much and I was coughing from the fumes. Then I got out and showered but afterwards my skin was extremely dry and cracked and I could smell chlorine for 48 hours. Also I nearly got a hernia when we were moving it.
Never again.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:59 pm I'm curious as to UK costs of something like that? Looking at one here but not sure if we're being reamed on pricing.
We had a 6 seater one ordered for £3k.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Sonos Beam for downstairs+TV, and a Sonos 1 for upstairs. Seriously iimpressed with both and love the whole setup.

Also bought a 144Hz monitor. Don't really game much these days but loving the smoothness for everything. Using 60Hz hurts my eyes with its jankyness.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Beany wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 pm
Dirty sex pond.
I wish, I don’t remember the last time there was an empty house! :lol:
Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:41 pm My dad purchased one during the second lockdown. I got in once and hated it but it wasn't exactly a good experience. I'm certain it was near boiling, but there was a stiff breeze that day so my head was numb from the cold whilst sweating due to my body cooking. Then there was way too much chlorine, my eyes were watering as they were stinging so much and I was coughing from the fumes. Then I got out and showered but afterwards my skin was extremely dry and cracked and I could smell chlorine for 48 hours. Also I nearly got a hernia when we were moving it.
Never again.
This is actually a good point, these things need serious maintenance. We have more than a dozen different tubs of chemicals. Each night, a test strip needs to be dipped into the water and dependant on the colour results of 3 different tests, a combination of said chemicals needs to be applied. If you get this wrong its more like an 80s council pool than a luxury sex pond.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:41 pm My dad purchased one during the second lockdown. I got in once and hated it...
Probably the thought that your Mum wanks your Dad off in it didn't help :cry:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:shock: :lol: There's a mental Image Mito could do without...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

You're welcome ;)
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Eww.

They do sound like a lot of hassle.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 am
Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:41 pm My dad purchased one during the second lockdown. I got in once and hated it...
Probably the thought that your Mum wanks your Dad off in it didn't help :cry:
:lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Mrs mik always wanted one. Everyone we know who has one used it heavily for a few months then never really bothered again..... so we never purchased.

We thought about getting a little outdoor sauna instead, but decided it’s use profile would probably go the same way.... :?:

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

mik wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:57 am Mrs mik always wanted one. Everyone we know who has one used it heavily for a few months then never really bothered again..... so we never purchased.
This - I had the option to buy a mates 6 seater for £1k but decided against it. I imagine the leccy bill for heating it to 40degrees would be substantial too - especially for a slightly built company employee like myself... :lol: :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Of all garden purchases I reckon our summerhouse is the most useful. We regularly sit out in it till late at night and we’re still regularly using it 4 years after buying it. It helps that is has a fridge and log burner...
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Barry wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:43 pm My Concept2 arrived today, four months later. Lovely bit of kit, but I need to make more space in the intended room :lol:
The old table and hi-fi unit were never supposed to stay anyway, so I think once I clear those out it'll be OK.

That looks massive :D
mik

Post by mik »

It has to be quite long - so it doesn’t sink YK.

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

:D 🛶🚣🏻