Post Covid Plans??

Simon

Re: Post Covid Plans??

Post by Simon »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:33 pm Meant to be going to Mexico in September, not confident it will happen.
Oh yeah, we were supposed to be going to Brazil at some point this year to take the boy to meet his family on my wife's size. However, as they have a bigger lunatic-in-chief than America, I'm really not sure when that'll happen. Brazil are in for a horrible, horrible time with Covid-19 by all accounts.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mine's really quite mundane, we moved just before lockdown started, and need various bits of new furniture- we get everything from charity shops, and either paint it or just give it a spruce up, so looking forward to the shops opening again
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

GG. wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:08 am Really want to jump in the car and drive up to do the NC 500. Sadly I don't think local communities are going to be throwing open their doors for large numbers of road-tripping tourists any time soon.
I've been lusting after trip up North. Just have wait and see when will be good to go.

Pub is high on the list as is good day out at the races with friends. Covid-19 has kyboshed quite a few of these events I had planned with friends and customers.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

tim wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:53 pm Ride a bike other than in the middle of the night with a box of someone elses poo on the back.
Is poo transfusion a thing now? I really can't work out if that's a typo or there's a reason for emergency transportation of faeces,
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

jamcg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:04 pm Mine's really quite mundane, we moved just before lockdown started, and need various bits of new furniture- we get everything from charity shops, and either paint it or just give it a spruce up, so looking forward to the shops opening again
I absolutely love that in this day and age 😎
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:00 pm
jamcg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:04 pm Mine's really quite mundane, we moved just before lockdown started, and need various bits of new furniture- we get everything from charity shops, and either paint it or just give it a spruce up, so looking forward to the shops opening again
I absolutely love that in this day and age 😎
It’s getting harder to get stuff cheap these days, as a lot of people jump on the bandwagon- I’ve got a real soft spot for stag minstrel furniture, but everyone seems to think it’s worth a fortune suddenly
tim

Post by tim »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:59 pm
tim wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:53 pm Ride a bike other than in the middle of the night with a box of someone elses poo on the back.
Is poo transfusion a thing now? I really can't work out if that's a typo or there's a reason for emergency transportation of faeces,
We do a lot of sample transport. Some of it is poo. I try not to sniff it just in case.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Nothing too exciting other than getting out on all the bikes, giving the cars a run, and trying to book my next trackday for the CBR.
Most of this summer will be trying to get this project in a box, I'll be taking a long break after this one I suspect.

Got a few jobs around the house I want to sort too, easier when I can move freely to shops though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

tim wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:59 pm
We do a lot of sample transport. Some of it is poo. I try not to sniff it just in case.
Poo transplants are a thing - heavy courses of antibiotics wipe out all the good bacteria in the stomach so it’s a quick way of replacing them. It’s the shit as youngsters would say.
How about not having a sig at all?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Mostly looking forward to normality, shopping, seeing my parents for the first time in a couple of months. Have booked cornwall for Oct half term and looking at Bruges HM the week before, but will have to see if that is viable first. Hopefully getting the old 'yota on the road.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

I've not really thought about it as I'm not clear on how much long it's going to go on and what 'normality' will look like. Someone was saying this week that the rumour was Europe we not going to let us back in until October..

Working from home with 2 young kids is pretty hard going though, feel for them more than anything as they are getting bored. I have been stocking up on my stock & share ISA's though :D
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

16vCento wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 pm I'll be first in line at my local when it's safe to do so!
Fuck yes. Have someone else pour me a pint, from a tap, in a glass.
Little things 🤤
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Not really fussed about a lot of things, but would be nice to be able to pop to a restaurant or go to the supermarket without having to stand in a queue for hours and follow a one way system.

Our wales break mid July is still booked but don't know if anything will be open and won't be much fun if we can't go out to eat.
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I won’t be going to a pub for at least a week when they reopen, they will be jammed with people getting as pissed as possible and no end of trouble.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Seen the rubbish tip queues today - people are actually morons. Beyond help 😂
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Seeing friends in person and visiting family and looking for a new job.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm Seen the rubbish tip queues today - people are actually morons. Beyond help 😂
People have spent the last 5-6 weeks tidying their houses and gardening, combined with loads of councils cutting rubbish collections :roll:
Cheers, Harry
Marv

Post by Marv »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:06 pm I won’t be going to a pub for at least a week when they reopen, they will be jammed with people getting as pissed as possible and no end of trouble.
This is why I'm not really fussed about immediately doing all manner of things, once the lockdown ends. People are going to go over the top.

Just go out a little with my bikes and cars, maybe a bit of local green laning.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the trips I planned for this year, next year instead.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Our neighbors moved in about a month before lockdown to the huge house with outdoor pool next door to us. The whole place hadn’t been refurbished since the 70s and was generally falling apart. By the time lockdown ends, I am hoping the refurb will be finished and we can head round for a massive POOL PARTY.

Also, friends round for dinner with wine in general.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:59 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm Seen the rubbish tip queues today - people are actually morons. Beyond help 😂
People have spent the last 5-6 weeks tidying their houses and gardening, combined with loads of councils cutting rubbish collections :roll:
No it’s like everything else that just opens, stupid ridiculous queues as everyone can’t wait a bit. Everyone has to go there on day 1.