Post Covid Plans??

dinny_g

Post Covid Plans??

Post by dinny_g »

Someone (Revsrus ??) was mentioning a trip to the Ring as soon as possible after the lockdown has been lifted so have you any plans for a Post Lockdown event ??

I've decided to once and for all, climb Ben Nevis as soon as practical. I've tried three times over the years and never even made it to the top of the switchbacks. (Twice due to others in a group not able to go on and once due to a sudden snow storm... in August... :lol: )

any plans in the offing ???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Coaster1

Re: Post Covid Plans??

Post by Coaster1 »

One of the things that I most look forward to, is to have a nice haircut. :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I might get a job. Dunno. Doesn’t sound very exciting.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Enjoy having the house to myself, and being able to focus on a task for more than five minutes at a time.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Look for a new car, preferably a big comfy estate, either replacing my wee coupe or the wife's 15 year old A4 estate. Might have to give the new car to her though as I predict the residues on my 235i will hit rock bottom.
M235i
GG.

Post by GG. »

Really want to jump in the car and drive up to do the NC 500. Sadly I don't think local communities are going to be throwing open their doors for large numbers of road-tripping tourists any time soon.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Go and pick up the Land Cruiser I bought just before lockdown started, get out on my mountain bike a bit and go have fun in my mates off road buggy.

Looking forward to just hanging out with people again tbh.
An absolute unit
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

To do my England, Scotland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, US seven week fucking holiday that got ruined. :D

And to be fair, probably do some more road trips here. Not for any reason other than because I can.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Go for a ride on my motorbike altho it might not be much fun in September :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

5am run to the Welsh coast in the Caterham. Have some breakfast in a nice restaurant... if they're open 😉
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

See my mum. The lockdown has been hard for her I reckon, this week her first grandson was born and she can't see him (or her other granddaughters) or help out my sister with the baby.

She can't go to the village pub which has closed for good (it was going to anyway, but the lockdown accelerated it) and was the hub of the village. It sounds like a minor thing, but when you're alone and used to being sociable in the village it's important.

Other than that, go to a pub (hopefully while we're still in summer) with some friends and just enjoy having a few laughs.

Get a new job asap.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah I need to get back home too - I missed my folks 50th wedding anniversary and my Aunt's recovering from Cancer so that's on the cards too.

Hopefully, ferries will be available and not extortionate...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:14 am Go and pick up the Land Cruiser I bought just before lockdown started
Ooh, 70 or 80 series?

My plans:
Haircut
Get out and see clients
Take the Jimny green laning
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Tbh, I’ve been pretty sociable through tech, but the big ones I’m missing are mountain biking and going to the pub.

We had/have a riding trip in Germany booked for July, I don’t know where/what state the world will be in by then, but we will be going there at some point.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

[mention]Jobbo[/mention] 80, I managed to find someone selling a 4.5 petrol one up north for a decent price. Looked good in the the video he sent so I said I’d come up for it.

Then lockdown, so I sent him a deposit so he wouldn’t put it back up for sale.

It’s been sitting for a year but it’s under cover and he said it ran when he parked it, we’ll see how it goes :lol:. It did start in the video he sent

I must have missed your Jimny purchase, a new one?
Last edited by ZedLeg on Fri May 01, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Avoid having to go to Croydon and carry on working from home as much as possible.
Drive anywhere.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:48 am I must have missed your Jimny purchase, a new one?
No, it's a 2007 - only got it a couple of days ago. I am going to try to get on the list for a new one in a year though.

GG.

Post by GG. »

duncs500 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am See my mum. The lockdown has been hard for her I reckon, this week her first grandson was born and she can't see him (or her other granddaughters) or help out my sister with the baby.
Yes, less frivolously, visiting older relatives when we can be sure we aren't going to infect them.

My grandparents are still around and in declining health - particularly over the last year. We managed to videocall them at the weekend and my grandad was having trouble holding it together - mumbling about being proud and tearing up. Clearly he's thinking he may not get the chance to see us again in person if something happens to them during the lockdown period. Not unexpectedly it is taking a big toll on their mental wellbeing :(
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:53 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:48 am I must have missed your Jimny purchase, a new one?
No, it's a 2007 - only got it a couple of days ago. I am going to try to get on the list for a new one in a year though.

Like your plate on the CLS - maybe I was sleeping but did you post on here when you got it? I presume you bought outright rather than leasing as I don't remember your reg being transferred onto the Audi / Volvo?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

lol at the plate pair
Left over crest; tightens.