Am I the asshole?

Pete_

Re: Am I the asshole?

Post by Pete_ »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:21 pm
Pete_ wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:02 pm How long were you out for? If an hour, no. If six hours, yes.
What does the time duration matter if you're not in contact with people.?
Part of collective responsibility is thinking "would it be ok if everybody did this' and if everybody decided to walk around Gloucester for six hours then not being in contact with people wouldn't work.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Pete_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:23 am
Pete_ wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:02 pm How long were you out for? If an hour, no. If six hours, yes.
Part of collective responsibility is thinking "would it be ok if everybody did this' and if everybody decided to walk around Gloucester for six hours then not being in contact with people wouldn't work.
It was just over an hour.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
tim

Post by tim »

NAA.

If you walked the route you would have walked anyway, but happened to be playing PG while you were doing it, 100% NAA. If you walked a wild and varied route specifically for the purposes of PGing, then maybe not really in the spirit of things.

But hey, ex-wives eh, whatchagonnado. Keep paying the tax, obvs.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Is she getting emotional about anything specific? Or just looking for an excuse to tell you how much she hates you now?.

There's no end to the madness of women.

Slight derail. I've been servicing a contract at an upmarket old folks home for a few years. It's a good job. The residents think I'm doing a very good job and the grounds look ace. Last year the site manager left and a middle-aged woman was given the role.

As soon as I met her I could tell that she took an instant and strong dislike to me. Seemed a bit weird but I didn't much care as I didn't think it mattered. The residents themselves have the final say over who's instructed to work on site.

So she was generally patronising and bitchy to me for a few months whenever we had cause to communicate. Then contract renewal time comes around...

Residents all get together and are asked who they want as the gardener. They say that they're happy and want me to continue. She tells them that I'm doing a rubbish job and ripping them off. They don't care, they're still happy. She doesn't renew the contract, instead she stalls..Then she organises a coffee morning so that she can introduce all the old girls to a potential new gardener (who has miraculously put in a quote just undercutting mine to a strangely identical suggested spec). Now by this time I haven't been on site for a few weeks as she hasn't renewed my contract. Some of the old girls like the look of the new bloke, some don't. It doesn't matter, she's promised the cunt the job anyway...

....and anyway, this was back at the beginning of march. Turns out the new cunt is refusing to work due to coronavirus fears. The gardens haven't been touched for well over a month. She had to ring me up yesterday and ask me to help as the residents are getting angry. It's a very expensive place to live and it looks like shit. She's still pretending that I can get the contract but she's strangely unable to produce one.

I'm wondering if I remind her of some bloke that dumped her once or something. She's gone to great personal trouble just to try and fuck things up for me for seemingly no point whatsoever.

Bitches be crazy. No point even trying to figure it out sometimes.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

An hour or so of Pokemon Go with the kid is totally ok, Regardless of the route you take. So long as you keep sensible distances of other people who cares whether you’d normally go that way.

You are allowed to do exercise that isn’t “running or cycling” . There is plenty of sensible middle ground.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

evostick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:52 am Is she getting emotional about anything specific? Or just looking for an excuse to tell you how much she hates you now?.

There's no end to the madness of women.

Slight derail. I've been servicing a contract at an upmarket old folks home for a few years. It's a good job. The residents think I'm doing a very good job and the grounds look ace. Last year the site manager left and a middle-aged woman was given the role.

As soon as I met her I could tell that she took an instant and strong dislike to me. Seemed a bit weird but I didn't much care as I didn't think it mattered. The residents themselves have the final say over who's instructed to work on site.

So she was generally patronising and bitchy to me for a few months whenever we had cause to communicate. Then contract renewal time comes around...

Residents all get together and are asked who they want as the gardener. They say that they're happy and want me to continue. She tells them that I'm doing a rubbish job and ripping them off. They don't care, they're still happy. She doesn't renew the contract, instead she stalls..Then she organises a coffee morning so that she can introduce all the old girls to a potential new gardener (who has miraculously put in a quote just undercutting mine to a strangely identical suggested spec). Now by this time I haven't been on site for a few weeks as she hasn't renewed my contract. Some of the old girls like the look of the new bloke, some don't. It doesn't matter, she's promised the cunt the job anyway...

....and anyway, this was back at the beginning of march. Turns out the new cunt is refusing to work due to coronavirus fears. The gardens haven't been touched for well over a month. She had to ring me up yesterday and ask me to help as the residents are getting angry. It's a very expensive place to live and it looks like shit. She's still pretending that I can get the contract but she's strangely unable to produce one.

I'm wondering if I remind her of some bloke that dumped her once or something. She's gone to great personal trouble just to try and fuck things up for me for seemingly no point whatsoever.

Bitches be crazy. No point even trying to figure it out sometimes.
“I’ll be there as soon as you’ve signed the contract”
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:53 am An hour or so of Pokemon Go with the kid is totally ok, Regardless of the route you take. So long as you keep sensible distances of other people who cares whether you’d normally go that way.

You are allowed to do exercise that isn’t “running or cycling” . There is plenty of sensible middle ground.
Rich, as usual, is correct
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

We already had this discussion via Whatsapp but NAA.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NTA
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'd tend to agree - NTA. Seems quite reasonable to me.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m just being nosey, but was there a specific reason for it being considered arsehole behaviour?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

What business is it of hers anyway?
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:02 am
Pete_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:23 am

It was just over an hour.
Then NAA
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:54 am I’m just being nosey, but was there a specific reason for it being considered arsehole behaviour?
I think it involved me breathing and having a different view of reality to her. She's not good at being wrong. Not good at all.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

If I know Women, and I’d like to think I don’t, if you’d stayed on and played xBox, you’d be an arsehole for NOT getting them some exercise
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sorry to say, she was a nutter when she used to post on here - this won’t have changed.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah a right nut case, she cyber bullied me 😭
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:59 pm Yeah a right nut case, she cyber bullied me 😭
Not all bad then.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:53 pm Sorry to say, she was a nutter when she used to post on here - this won’t have changed.
If you're in her gang, she's funny and engaging and smart.

I am not in her gang any more.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Time to join the cool gang.

Dave!