Re: Chocoloate Digestives - Fridge?

Post by ZedLeg »

I am a spinster with weird tastes tbh :lol:
An absolute unit
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I thought pantries were fairly common. I mean, I'm not talking about massive rooms here, I'm talking a small storage space just off the kitchen. My 60's house has a very small one; my parents old 80's house had a really large space (could fit about 10 people in there). And these aren't fancy houses, just regular 250k 4 bed houses.

But anyway, this thread has taken a dark turn, and I don't just mean the chocolate. [mention]Zonda_[/mention] suggesting Tunnocks should go in the bin? Not to mention two suggestions they should be in the fridge? WTF is wrong with you people. If it's got caramel in it, IT DOESN'T GO IN THE FRIDGE. Maybe with the exception of Munchies.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:41 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 am Dark chocolate is hipster now :lol:
It’s gone the way of coffee with a huge amount of snobbery around it.
There has always been a huge amount of snobbery around all kinds of food. It’s not a new thing.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am
There has always been a huge amount of snobbery around all kinds of food. It’s not a new thing.
I completely disagree. At least not as mainstream as it is now. But then in the 70s and 80s we just didn’t have the choice of products that there is now.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Matty wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 am If it's got caramel in it, IT DOESN'T GO IN THE FRIDGE. Maybe with the exception of Munchies.
Hmm, I've been given a couple of packs of Stroopwafels. They are currently in the cupboard and are stupidly crumbly. Maybe a bit of fridge action will make them edible without resulting in a place full of crumbs.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am
Aye - back in the day, the ONLY person to eat a bar of Bournville was that odd old aunt, the spinster with weird tastes who only drinks cointreau
Loved it as a kid. But it's one of those things I now find a bit grim as an adult. Like tinned sausage & beans.

Bournville fingers are awesome though. Especially straight from the fridge. :P
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 am Chocolate is something else utterly fucking ruined by hipster cunts. I like Dairy Milk and I don’t care about your 90% cocoa bollocks that tastes like the scrapings off your shoe :lol:
Correct.

I like chocolate a lot, whenever I’m travelling around the world I’ll stop off at a local chocolate seller. Usually 1 kg costs above £30 and I’m yet to taste anything better than Cadbury’s dairy milk. Maybe it’s just what I grew up with and thus use as the baseline to which I compare everything to.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Although thinking about it, it’s the same issue I have with coffee and chocolate. I like to taste the thing rather than a load of milk and sugar and by extension I don’t like the lower quality things because they don’t taste as good without the additions.

Different strokes for different folks though innit.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:55 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

I completely disagree. At least not as mainstream as it is now. But then in the 70s and 80s we just didn’t have the choice of products that there is now.
Exactly good quality products are much more accessible that they used to be.

Aye there are coffee arseholes and chocolate arseholes and beer arseholes etc.

I find the people who go hur hur hipsters as bad though.

Eat what you like.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:57 am Although thinking about it, it’s the same issue I have with coffee and chocolate. I like to taste the thing rather than a load of milk and sugar and by extension I don’t like the lower quality things because they don’t taste as good without the additions.

You sound like one of my coffee-cunt mates. “I didn’t know what coffee tasted like until I bought beans from Guatemala, had them hand roasted in a commune run by the last 3 members of an Incan tribe, flown to me by a fair trade eagle where I hand ground them, soaked them in water at 88.7°c for exactly 7 minutes and sipped slowly to allow the flavours to soak into my tongue”
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rubbish, I thought I hated coffee for years until I had a decent coffee without milk and sugar a few years ago.

I have an espresso machine at home but most of my coffee is supermarket beans.

I don’t have instant coffee at home but if I’m out and that’s all they have I’m not going to be a dick about it.

Don’t judge everyone by your cunty mates standards Rev 😉
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 am I thought pantries were fairly common. I mean, I'm not talking about massive rooms here, I'm talking a small storage space just off the kitchen. My 60's house has a very small one; my parents old 80's house had a really large space (could fit about 10 people in there). And these aren't fancy houses, just regular 250k 4 bed houses.

But anyway, this thread has taken a dark turn, and I don't just mean the chocolate. @Zonda_ suggesting Tunnocks should go in the bin? Not to mention two suggestions they should be in the fridge? WTF is wrong with you people. If it's got caramel in it, IT DOESN'T GO IN THE FRIDGE. Maybe with the exception of Munchies.
I had a Starbar from the fridage the other day - it was fappin magic.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 am
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:57 am Although thinking about it, it’s the same issue I have with coffee and chocolate. I like to taste the thing rather than a load of milk and sugar and by extension I don’t like the lower quality things because they don’t taste as good without the additions.

You sound like one of my coffee-cunt mates. “I didn’t know what coffee tasted like until I bought beans from Guatemala, had them hand roasted in a commune run by the last 3 members of an Incan tribe, flown to me by a fair trade eagle where I hand ground them, soaked them in water at 88.7°c for exactly 7 minutes and sipped slowly to allow the flavours to soak into my tongue”
He's maybe a little extreme but I stopped drinking instant coffee when I bought a bean to cup machine. Proper coffee is awesome and make instant seem revolting. I buy expensive coffee sometimes but mostly I dive into various TKMaxx when I'm out and about to buy 1kg bags. They get some really good stuff in sometimes.

I would classify myself as a coffee wanker! 😂
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

JonMad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 am
Hmm, I've been given a couple of packs of Stroopwafels.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

JonMad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 am
Matty wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 am If it's got caramel in it, IT DOESN'T GO IN THE FRIDGE. Maybe with the exception of Munchies.
Hmm, I've been given a couple of packs of Stroopwafels. They are currently in the cupboard and are stupidly crumbly. Maybe a bit of fridge action will make them edible without resulting in a place full of crumbs.
The idea with stroopwaffels is that you leave them on top of your coffee cup so they warm up and soften with the steam. They get less crumbly too.
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:23 am
Orange Cola wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm I can't get past the refrigerated drawers. New life aspirations right there.
These are what we have. They were fitted before we bought the house. We’ve been here 13 years and they’re still going strong.

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/nc ... der-fridge
How did they come to the conclusion that taking pictures of it not full of alcohol was best for sales? :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We have a separate beer/wine fridge.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

More fridges than a professional kitchen :lol:
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:57 am We have a separate beer/wine fridge.
8-)

When we eventually move, I’m going to do the same.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is number of fridges now the new ‘tv in a hallway’?
How about not having a sig at all?