Something to make us all feel better...

mik

Something to make us all feel better...

Post by mik »

I didn’t get very far into this before I decided to stop reading.... :lol: :? :shock:

Mito Man

Re: Something to make us all feel better...

Post by Mito Man »

Just shows that childbirth ain’t as bad as women claim :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Well, that's one I didn't want to read (morbid curiosity got the better of me). Cluster/Suicide headaches toward the top, unsurprisingly.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Since I do not plan on scrolling down, does anyone mention standing on a plug?
mik

Post by mik »

If I could have faced reading it all, I am fairly certain that’s the winner Si.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Didn't bother reading it, but I still remember slipping off the kick starter on my newly rebuilt, high compression ratio BSA as a teenager. Landing on the tank was not comfortable...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Well, it's good to have something to look forward to if we make it through Coronavirus.

Personally - the edge of a stone step meeting ankle bone, at speed (cos slightly tipsy). I think I was silent, save for a high-pitched squeal only dogs could hear, for about 2 minutes before the pain subsided just enough to enable me to turn the air blue.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I remember my mate running around the back of a parked car then going down like he'd been shot. The shriek of pain as his shin met the towbar was extraordinary. I nearly wet myself laughing!!
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:04 pm Since I do not plan on scrolling down, does anyone mention standing on a plug?
Or a Lego brick?
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Ohhh, there's been a few...

As a teenager I had a spate of spinal headaches. Always at night, so you wake up in intense pain, too confused to properly process what's going on. Properly orders of magnitude worse than migraines, which I still get now.

Maybe it's because I was a kid and hadn't experienced prolonged intense pain before, but my memory says the worst was getting my hand slammed in the bear-catch of the boot of a Volvo 240 when I was about 8. A locked boot. So I had to wait, screaming blue murder with 2 broken fingers while somebody found keys. 35 years later I've still got a lump under one of my finger nails from it.

The worst of recent memory was going to A&E after mashing up my hand in an impeller pump. Swelling had caused a lot of pressure under one of the finger nails, so they use a hot-wire thing to burn a hole in the nail. Except the nurse slipped, stabbed all the way through the nail and embedded the prongs of the tool in the swollen flesh beneath. I screamed loud enough that one of the security guards came from the waiting room to investigate.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m enduring my greatest pain now. 2.5 hour team meeting coming to the end. Get to AOB and some 🤡 has pulled out a 15 min presentation.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:57 pm I’m enduring my greatest pain now. 2.5 hour team meeting coming to the end. Get to AOB and some 🤡 has pulled out a 15 min presentation.
And I bet it's only directed at one or two people in the room.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Renal Colic seems to reoccur as a top one. I can confirm that it's like nothing else, 60mg of Codiene Phos and a Voltarol suppository don't touch it (even after have to suffer the indignity of sticking the fucker up your jacksie, which just adds insult to injury and you have to use the alternative delivery method as usually the pain is making you vomit every few minutes) and 13mg of Morphene only just takes the edge off.
Not an experience I want to repeat.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I'd go with having to go in an MRI machine with my arms above my head after my necrotic appendix was removed and having sepsis.

I might* have referred to the calming machine voice as a "synthetic fucking bitch" in between screams.**

* Did.

*Sadly not an exaggeration
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Toothache. Had to swill fresh cold water in my mouth every 30 seconds or so, else the pain would be too great to endure. Tramadol didn't even touch it. Had to stay awake all night doing this until the dentist could yank it at lunchtime the next day. Hideous.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
mik

Post by mik »

I’ve had a few - broken wrist. Appendix. Whatever type of toothache requires root canal, bladder infection (edit : abscess!) Yada.

Highlights of prolonged agony though were related to my ears. Had a cold in my late 20’s which turned into ear infection which saw me literally climbing the walls with pain, unable to think straight or operate normally - eventually (ie after about 4 hrs of this) I heard a “schreek” as my ear drum ripped away from the ear canal under the extreme pressure in my inner ear. Bit of blood from my lug, but - OMG - what an immediate relief.

Had a cold about 3 yrs later and the other ear went. Trying to explain to NHS24 that I knew what was about to happen and I desperately needed an antibiotic whilst rolling around the floor, bangin my head on the wall - manically seeking some release. Painkillers wouldn’t touch it. NHS24 insisted I wait and go to my GP in the morning - 3hrs later my eardrum split open under the pressure - and again immediate and massive piss-yourself-laughing relief.

Ironically I had my hearing professionally tested a month or so back and it would be rated as excellent for a 20yr old, so I seem to have healed OK.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Once spilled a bit of roasting hot oil on my inner forearm, for many years you could see where the drops landed and then rolled down my skin for a few inches. Pain was very nearly blinding which was not great when driving myself to the doctors. Now paranoid about cooking with hot oil especially when the kids are in the kitchen. Medievil castle siege scenes also give me the heebie jeebies.