The positives of Corona

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The positives of Corona

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, it’s not as though you’re dealing with finance depts, request payment up front (And don’t make any fuss about it being anything different to normal) and people will just do it.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I think they got paid once the provisional booking was confirmed (couple of days before). I guess the idea being that sales (occasionally) fall through, but they're effectively incurring the cost regardless and have lost the opportunity to re-book a job.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am I pre-paid for our removals both times, I didn't really question it to be honest.
Same here. Always paid up front for removals.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

One of the police districts at home reported zero reports of overnight burglaries for the first time in recent memory, so there is that.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:58 pm This
Yeah, I won't be shedding any tears for that particular company.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, they were vultures
An absolute unit
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Cooking with what youve got in the cupboard has been a positive rather than shopping every day for things you fancy.

I've quite enjoyed spending time with kids finding recipes to use up stuff.

Potato Cakes made with Smash for breakfast tomorrow 8-)
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

The weight loss continues, down from 11st 13 to 11st 7.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I’d been a bit concerned at the rate the mileage was going up on the car. But with no real prospect of needing to go anywhere for the next few months, at least it’ll remain pretty static. Already facing an excess mileage bill when it goes back, so that’s handy :)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 pm I’d been a bit concerned at the rate the mileage was going up on the car. But with no real prospect of needing to go anywhere for the next few months, at least it’ll remain pretty static. Already facing an excess mileage bill when it goes back, so that’s handy :)

Excess mileage on the Panamera? Bloody hell, just think how many miles you'd have done if it hadn't spent half its life with Porsche 😂
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I don't know what the margins are in your business but there's a couple of ways of doing it which I've used in the past:

1) deposit then remaining balance X days before the service starts (a lot of holiday cottages use this model) where in this example the deposit covers cleaner salary or any other essentials so you don't actually make a loss e.g. 1 or 2 weeks over head such as council and utility rates for the period of the holiday rental

2) deposit then invoice for the remaining balance after the service has been carried out. We did this in motorsport, the deposit was an upfront cost to cover hotels and fuel because we needed to pre-book the accommodation and events could be cancelled on the day meaning we risked being short. After the service was delivered we invoiced for everything else including any additional costs which were needed e.g. some f*cking expensive medical stuff which needed replacing. This model worked on an exceptionally large and successful event which mysteriously declared themselves bankrupt the day after their over subscribed event happened, we never got the profit element but unlike a lot of other people at the same event we didn't make a loss.

3) deposit to cover everything (plus maybe some profit), balance to cover profit only either just before or after the service is carried out. Works well if you're a high profit low cost and over head company or you think there might be some come back e.g. having to pay out for damage to something, late finish on the service etc. where you can just reduce the final bill down at the end.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:24 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 pm I’d been a bit concerned at the rate the mileage was going up on the car. But with no real prospect of needing to go anywhere for the next few months, at least it’ll remain pretty static. Already facing an excess mileage bill when it goes back, so that’s handy :)

Excess mileage on the Panamera? Bloody hell, just think how many miles you'd have done if it hadn't spent half its life with Porsche 😂
Are we implying that SD went for the completely wrong deal when buying a car again?!!
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:10 pm

Are we implying that SD went for the completely wrong deal when buying a car again?!!
Or we could be just referring to the fact that the mileage on the car is higher than it was planned to be, because my father died 8 months after we'd bought it and I therefore spent the next 6 months doing a load more mileage driving back to South Wales each and every weekend...
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I've washed my Wheelie bin out, first time ever 8-)
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:10 pm

If it wasn't for my generous employee discount then I'd have blown SD's 2.0d for £40k+ purchase well out the water! :oops:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace