Carnivore Diet

V8Granite

Re: Carnivore Diet

Post by V8Granite »

Luckily my pressure relief valve worked so I didn’t explode 8-)

A 1lb lamb burger and 3 eggs for lunch. Keeping up with water is still taking some getting used to but otherwise I feel great.

I walk around 7 miles a day with school pick ups, drop offs etc and general doddering about.

Not feeling hungry so much is a wonderful feeling. I made dairylea sandwiches today for my youngest boys lunch and I did have the urge for one but it’s not worth ruining the test for.

I shall more diligently detail my movements from now on.

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Well that all went to pot!

I had to move to a hotel with work, then everyone stores all the food so my diet went to pot.

Lower back pain came back, general aches and pains, muscle stiffness in the morning again which sucked. Plus the sugar cravings came back hard after getting rid of them so quickly.

Managed to get into Costco so once I’ve found some eggs I’m set for about 10 days. Back on the meat!!

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:59 am Lower back pain came back, general aches and pains, muscle stiffness in the morning again which sucked.
Did you try vitamin d? All my aches and pains go away when I take it, and come back when I forget for a few days.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I spend 6 months a year in the sun so ignored it initially. I take Magnesium which has Vitamin D in it aswell though, I just checked and it says 5ug so supposedly 100% of my daily need. Presuming that’s correct ?

It happened quite quickly when I went on it before so hopefully more of the same.

It does show how quickly you see something as the norm though. Shitting 3 times a day, aches and pains are soon forgotten till they come back and then you wonder why you put up with it for so long.

Pork belly, beef burgers with 15% fat and cheese for dinner today.

Dave!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:15 pm I just checked and it says 5ug so supposedly 100% of my daily need. Presuming that’s correct ?
Recommendation from the NHS is everyone should have 10ug of Vit D per day. IIRC the recommendation was increased a few years back?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I may double mine then, can’t do any harm.

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Wel I’m back on this now.

I decided to be super strict and also go lactose free, which I hate to say has made a huge difference :( . This is the beginning of the end :cry:

So 10lb in 8 days from 301 to 290.2, I’ll see how it goes but I’m aiming for 252.

Energy levels are great, drinking lots of water, not even putting pepper on anything only salt. I’m also down to 1 easy shit a day.

I’m optimistic, I think the odd bit of bbq sauce and normal milk was too much before.

Dave!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

What's wrong with pepper??!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Well done Dave, if it works for you stick with it.

The last year has been a disaster as regards my weight and fitness. I was pretty fit at 290 but am now knackered walking the dogs a couple of miles and suspect I'm 50 heavier.

I'll weigh :? in the morning and get back on it.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Nathan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 pm What's wrong with pepper??!
I’m being super strict, literally a smear of bbq sauce was sending me into a constipated mess :lol: I’ve also lost my sugar cravings completely. Essentially unless it comes from an animal you shouldn’t eat it.

My little understanding of it all is that you starve your body of any other type of energy and it then starts to very efficiently burn fat, I’m a fat burning machine and I’ve a big fuel tank of it. It must be good at it as I’ve lots of energy and feel great, it’s not something I intend to stay on for too many months.

Dave!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I know what the carnivore diet is but a bit of pepper isn't going to change your digestion / metabolism!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I have nothing but admiration Dave!... I think you're a madman, but admiration nonetheless. 8-)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Carlos wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:38 pm
The last year has been a disaster as regards my weight and fitness.
Same, I weighed myself recently and I've put 2 stone on since the last time I weighed myself. Got to knock the takeaways on the head, you have to work pretty hard to put weight on like that when you eat vegan :lol:
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Nathan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:58 am I know what the carnivore diet is but a bit of pepper isn't going to change your digestion / metabolism!
Yes, yes it is. This is going from zero sugar or spice etc. Pepper is essentially mustard.

I had a Terry’s chocolate orange segment in a wrapper, the small one and felt like crap.

Weigh in on Monday will be interesting.

Dave!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

50% Refined Sugar > Glucose is completely different to pinch of pepper !

So long as you're happy
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

So yesterday morning was 2 weeks in and I’m 15lb down.

The wife cooked a roast dinner though and made an apple crumble so it was particularly annoying seeing that on the table while I ate 2 lamb steaks :cry:

Still lots of energy, sleeping well, no side affects I can feel yet etc.

Eating steaks is a little boring but mainly due to variety, I still enjoy eating them.

I’ll do some training this week and see how I feel then so fingers crossed it feels fine.

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

280lbs today.

Still not been hungry yet but I’ve been stupidly busy and like a fart in a storm so I’ve been pretty tired by 9pm.

Eating more rump steaks and less milk and feeling good still. Hoping for 265lbs by the end of March if this keeps going as it has.

Dave!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Interesting reading and congrats on the weight loss.

Too much red meat is linked to heart disease and cancer though. Over doing the eggs can lead to diabetes too. If it's protein you're after then maybe try white meat and fish
GG.

Post by GG. »

240PP wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:50 pm Over doing the eggs can lead to diabetes too.
Where does this stuff come from?

I found references to a paper on a study in China but essentially it draws no convincing scientific causality between eggs themselves and disease. It is simply an epidemiological study across the Chinese population and most likely reflect wealth and a move to a "western diet", i.e. people are more unhealthy and nothing to do with eggs themselves. Total junk science and not worth paying attention to unless they do a proper study where they actually produce evidence of the mechanism by which it happens.

This is the excerpt I found:

Consuming one or more eggs per day may increase the risk of diabetes by 60%, according to a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition. Researchers compared egg consumption with blood glucose levels in more than 8,000 participants from the China Health and Nutrition Survey. Those who habitually consumed the most eggs increased their risk for diabetes when compared to those who ate the fewest eggs. Participants who ate the most eggs were less physically active, consumed more fat and animal protein, and had higher serum cholesterol levels. Possible mechanisms for the increased risk include oxidation and inflammation from choline found in egg yolks and hindered carbohydrate absorption from chemicals found in egg whites. The authors suggest the rise in egg consumption is related to the increased affordability of eggs in China and an overall shift toward Westernized diets low in vegetables and high in meat and high-fat foods.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, most of these science danger stories come from news sources cherry picking the results of wide ranging studies to get a clickbait headline. That's why you can get directly contradicting stories within weeks of each other.

two glasses of wine a day will make you die followed by two glasses of wine a day essential for heart health a week later.
An absolute unit