MikeHunt

Re: Coronavirus

Post by MikeHunt »

Trump: Drink bleach to avoid covid
Boris: get covid, live longer :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This list is the usual ill thought out mess

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

People still need to be careful with their new freedoms. A bloke I know stopped wearing a mask at work on Freedom Day and he's now gone blind. It's a real shame, he was a great welder.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:52 am People still need to be careful with their new freedoms. A bloke I know stopped wearing a mask at work on Freedom Day and he's now gone blind. It's a real shame, he was a great welder.
:lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

My 15year old niece has tested positive- interestingly enough she has no typical symptoms but was displaying symptoms of hay fever, she’s never had hay fever in her life so tested herself- positive on both lateral flow and pcr tests
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

jamcg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 am My 15year old niece has tested positive- interestingly enough she has no typical symptoms but was displaying symptoms of hay fever, she’s never had hay fever in her life so tested herself- positive on both lateral flow and pcr tests
My 14 year old has had hayfever for the first time ever this year, pretty bad congestion, itchy and watery eyes. Mine has been worse this year having added itchy watery eyes to the regular stuffiness and sneezing.

I guess if she has the symptoms for more than a couple of weeks and they stay level you may begin to suspect a false positive. Tried antihistamines yet?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:52 am People still need to be careful with their new freedoms. A bloke I know stopped wearing a mask at work on Freedom Day and he's now gone blind. It's a real shame, he was a great welder.
:lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:28 am
jamcg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 am My 15year old niece has tested positive- interestingly enough she has no typical symptoms but was displaying symptoms of hay fever, she’s never had hay fever in her life so tested herself- positive on both lateral flow and pcr tests
My 14 year old has had hayfever for the first time ever this year, pretty bad congestion, itchy and watery eyes. Mine has been worse this year having added itchy watery eyes to the regular stuffiness and sneezing.

I guess if she has the symptoms for more than a couple of weeks and they stay level you may begin to suspect a false positive. Tried antihistamines yet?
She did 3 positive lateral flow tests and a positive pcr test, would be very unusual for 4 false positives
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My hay fever has been terrible this year. Only started suffering a few years back so yeah, it can suddenly appear. Have heard the Indian variant tends to give more cold like symptoms than the more flu like one of the standard versions.
Cheers, Harry
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

It’s on the down and no on really seems to know why other than maybe footie ending.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Had my second Pfizer vaccine on Friday evening, felt same as first with just a sore arm until roughly 23 hours later yesterday evening, and felt like I’d been sapped by Colin the energy vampire from what we do in the shadows:lol: woke up this morning feeling fine, arm pain almost gone but with discomfort from my lymph nodes in my armpit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:18 pm It’s on the down and no on really seems to know why other than maybe footie ending.
And cases in Scotland falling earlier than England correlate with their team exiting earlier. I reckon reckon cases will increase in a few weeks again as all the clubs seem very busy but it’s all young people so should be fine.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:18 pm It’s on the down and no on really seems to know why other than maybe footie ending.
How about it's hitting an antibody wall:

The artist formerly known as _Who_
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

RobYob wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:31 pm The Australian population is massively concentrated in the big cities (statistically more urbanised than the UK or USA) and anti vax nutjobs are as prevalent in the burbs as anywhere, if not more so.

Plenty of political point scoring over vaccinations and lockdowns but the honeymoon is certainly over for fortress Australia trying to get back to something like normal as the wider world is progressing with vaccinations. Buying in supply hasn't been a political priority for the ruling conservatives while isolationism was still working.

NZ is equally behind at 11% immunised so I imagine faces the same problem of getting people motivated to be jabbed.
NZ did openly say early on as vaccines were still in development that if it stayed community COVID free they'd essentially wave rights to have the vaccine early, enabling the supply to go to other countries where it was going nuts. Vaccination should be ramping up now basically, the first of the big shipments of the vaccine (we're doing Pfizer only) only arrived about two weeks ago I think. I saw last week there'd been a million doses delivered, which seeing as we'll need approx 10 million for everyone means we must be around that 10-11% mark.

To be fair though, the vaccination programme hasn't exactly filled people with the same levels of confidence their other actions have, much more 'government' and red tape line BS than the way they worked to close the borders down and instate lockdowns to have zero community cases last year.

They've popped the Aus to NZ travel bubble for two months though, not hard to see why with the videos of monstrous protests rolling through Sydney - cunts the lot of them.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Mrs Nef and mini-Nef both had Covid at the beginning of July. The little one was headachy for a couple of days, then cold like symptoms for a couple, with a loss of taste and smell right at the end. Mrs Nef is double vaxxed, but it was still pretty bad - 7-8 days of the worst flu ever, plus no taste/smell. At the very end she was getting catastrophic fatigue and weird ketamine-like sensory dissociation effects. Neither had a cough or any respiratory symptoms. Both completely better now.

Even more bizarrely, I continually tested negative all the way through.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

A friend from work had all sorts of visual impacts - Corona type detracted light patterns around objects and "tails" behind anything moving.

My BIL has chronic Asthma and typically gets hospitalised a few times a year needing ventilation but all he got was a bit of a headache for a few days.

COVID really does produce a wide range of symptoms and impacts...
Last edited by dinny_g on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 am A friend from work had all sorts of visual impacts - Corona type detracted light patterns around objects and "tails" behind anything moving.

By BIL has chronic Asthma and typically gets hospitalised a few times a year needing ventilation but all he got was a bit of a headache for a few days.

COVID really does produce a wide range of symptoms and impacts...
Yup, some people get literally nothing (a colleague tested positive - twice - and was totally asymptomatic), some people get knocked on their arse for the better part of a fortnight (another colleague) and that's not even considering hospitalisations (none from work, thankfully).

It's a pretty broad spread.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Friend of mine got it off his daughter, who was rough for a week or so, he's been projectile vomiting for a few days apparently. And he's double Pfizer dosed.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Barry wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:55 am Friend of mine got it off his daughter, who was rough for a week or so, he's been projectile vomiting for a few days apparently. And he's double Pfizer dosed.
Sounds like norovirus