Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 am
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:21 am So its not still 'law' having to wear a mask in a shop?

My other half works in posh furniture sales. They are all still masked up all day. It's absolutely ridiculous. And yes it does impact many people for no good reason.
so that's the total of the "control" they have - wearing a mask in a shop? That seems like a great reward for 2 years of destroying the economy and their public ratings - what a well thought out plan.
I believe you cant visit your relatives in hospital either. Plenty of other restrictions, you can dyor.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 am
McSwede wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:21 am So its not still 'law' having to wear a mask in a shop?

My other half works in posh furniture sales. They are all still masked up all day. It's absolutely ridiculous. And yes it does impact many people for no good reason.
Wearing a mask is not a hardship is it.
All day, everyday at work? You probably dont have to wear one so its no hardship to you no :lol:
Yeah, because dentists and surgeons haven’t done that for decades. Must be so much harder for someone with a stressful job like selling furniture 👍
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:34 am
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:24 am

so that's the total of the "control" they have - wearing a mask in a shop? That seems like a great reward for 2 years of destroying the economy and their public ratings - what a well thought out plan.
I believe you cant visit your relatives in hospital either. Plenty of other restrictions, you can dyor.
So explain how some people wearing masks to work for a few months and being cautious about spreading viruses is part of their great plan to "control"?

What extra power they didn't have before have they actually achieved from this?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

We live in one of the most heavily surveilled countries in the world and we carry a device that monitors all of our movements, activities and communications in our pocket.

It’s the masks though, that’s the real control.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 am
McSwede wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am

Wearing a mask is not a hardship is it.
All day, everyday at work? You probably dont have to wear one so its no hardship to you no :lol:
Yeah, because dentists and surgeons haven’t done that for decades. Must be so much harder for someone with a stressful job like selling furniture 👍
None point Ian :lol: The dentists tho are actually still in space suits. How long is that going to go on for?

There is no coherent exit plan, as usual with this lot of imbeciles. More interest in a king party or two.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:49 am

None point Ian :lol: The dentists tho are actually still in space suits. How long is that going to go on for?

There is no coherent exit plan, as usual with this lot of imbeciles. More interest in a king party or two.
you want them to form a coherent exit plan for an ever evolving virus that has disrupted the entire planet for 2 years?

Think back to the early days - 1 passenger got on a cruise ship with Covid, infected 700 and 14 people died. The world has been trying to find the right solution ever since.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am
What extra power they didn't have before have they actually achieved from this?
It's fucking mind boggling isn't it? It really does smack of flat earth, in that they would always say ''they want you to believe it's a globe" to which you reply, what difference would it make if it was flat? What's the end goal? They always come back with "they want to control you"

?

How? Just how would any of that, or wearing masks control me any more than now? How are all the Worlds governments conspiring and working together, in harmony when they can't even agree on simple things?

Or is the chip in my arm telling me to type this? If it is, who cares? As long as I can drink, laugh and fuck, I really couldn't give a shit!

Back to the sanity of what's actually happening... this strain whilst less destructive, is still doing damage. My local Toyota dealer has 7 staff off with it today, so it's impacting day to day running. Having seen first hand how badly the mask rule is followed, I'm not surprised. Many don't bother at all, and most if worn, are under the nose. And definitely no hand sanatiser any more. Those days are gone seemingly.

Maybe if the basics were still being followed...
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 pm

you want them to form a coherent exit plan for an ever evolving virus that has disrupted the entire planet for 2 years?

Think back to the early days - 1 passenger got on a cruise ship with Covid, infected 700 and 14 people died. The world has been trying to find the right solution ever since.
Was the demographic of the dead ever confirmed? Usually cruises full of older less fit people who drink too much :lol: :lol:

As for peg legs point - people are off work with a cold. It's unreal. The amount of fear in the country still is astonishing.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:14 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 pm

Was the demographic of the dead ever confirmed? Usually cruises full of older less fit people who drink too much :lol: :lol:
Broccers, you're laughing at people dying.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Am I alone in thinking that it's reasonable to expect people working in healthcare to be vaccinated against contagious diseases?
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:25 pm Am I alone in thinking that it's reasonable to expect people working in healthcare to be vaccinated against contagious diseases?
Thats not the point. The accessing your medical records without permission is worrying.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The folk posting that kind of shite would have more credibility if they didn't swing straight into racist hyperbole

An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:27 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:25 pm Am I alone in thinking that it's reasonable to expect people working in healthcare to be vaccinated against contagious diseases?
Thats not the point. The accessing your medical records without permission is worrying.
I know this is a portent of the end of the world and all that, but I agree with Broccers on this one.

I'll grant you that I think that employees in healthcare should be vaccinated - why the fuck should I risk getting covid from a nurse who's done their epidemiological research from their phone, on the toilet, on their lunch break - but allowing employers to access medical info willy nilly (even for medical staff), without permission, isn't something I'm particularly comfortable with.

Comparing it to the holocaust or the US civil rights movement, however, is a complete fucking joke. The unvaxxed are being openly mocked, and in healthcare are rightly having their continued employment status looked at, but they're not being sent to the gas chambers or publicly fucking lynched.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The problem is that the anti vaxxers have created this problem. They're not happy to just not get jabbed, they're desperate to be oppressed. If you're in a job where it should be common sense that you need to be vaccinated then either get vaccinated or get another job. It's people refusing this or lying to cheat the system that have got us to the point where you have to go round them to know.

Obviously this doesn't include people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

My opinion FWIW is that whilst I support being cautious as the govt were when Omicron emerged, now that we know it is both more mild and more contagious than previous, I think it's going to (and most likely already has) sweep the nation and everyone is going to get exposed regardless of current restrictions.

The good news is, if you've been vaccinated you'll get it mild, if you're an anti-vaxxer it'll be a bit worse, but probably this will give almost everyone a degree of immune system protection. It may be that this strain is a blessing in terms of helping build immunity.

So I do think the government should do away with restrictions outside of environments with particularly vulnerable people perhaps.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I do have a problem with the death reporting though, for a strain that is tantamount to a cold, reporting deaths within 28 days of a positive test when millions are infected is about as meaningful as publishing death data for people who have died within 28 days of having an normal common cold.

It will be very interesting to see the overarching death figures compared to previous years once they come out.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:39 pm but allowing employers to access medical info willy nilly (even for medical staff), without permission, isn't something I'm particularly comfortable with.
This...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Is this one true?

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

If they're just accessing COVID info then I DGAF to be quite honest.

ETA. My employer emails every 3-4 months asking for each person's vaccine status. It's no big deal 😂😂
Last edited by McSwede on Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.