Coronavirus

simon_g

Re: Coronavirus

Post by simon_g »

Routinely carry a mask for school runs so was using it in shops etc too. Pretty much anywhere public and indoors if I wasn’t eating or drinking.

Daughter positive on Friday so at least we know when they can both return to school. Hard for me to separate what’s cold and what’s covid but I’m left with headaches and general tiredness - even starting an easy task I need a sit down after 10 mins or so.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

simon_g wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:51 pm even starting an easy task I need a sit down after 10 mins or so.
You're old hth.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

tim

Post by tim »

Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:04 pmHad my booster yesterday and they had to give me a face covering as I just don't carry them these days.
Without wanting to poke the bear - shirely you'd have thought to take a mask to a healthcare setting? I only really wear mine now in places like that, or if it looks especially busy or full of old folk.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

tim wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:05 pm
Broccers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:04 pmHad my booster yesterday and they had to give me a face covering as I just don't carry them these days.
Without wanting to poke the bear - shirely you'd have thought to take a mask to a healthcare setting? I only really wear mine now in places like that, or if it looks especially busy or full of old folk.
Very valid point. I remembered it for the dentist recently but forgot and walked to the drs. No problems tho, they have plenty of spares. Previously I'd have at least 3 in various pockets 😃😃

Seem to be saying now it might be no travel if not 3 jabbed. Not sure how this works for younger people.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:53 am
Very valid point. I remembered it for the dentist recently but forgot and walked to the drs. No problems tho, they have plenty of spares. Previously I'd have at least 3 in various pockets 😃😃

Seem to be saying now it might be no travel if not 3 jabbed. Not sure how this works for younger people.
"they" were up in arms because they'd need ID cards to get into pubs too (because of Klaus's big reset or some other bollocks). "They" love making up rules to be up in arms about.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I hadn't realised until reading an article about boosters for over-40s yesterday that 16-17yr olds were only given one dose of the vaccine. Why didn't they get 2 doses?

Will be interested to know which booster jab I get since I had Moderna vaccines for my first and second. I think the boosters are either Pfizer or a half dose of Moderna.
tim

Post by tim »

Apparently all boosters are Pfizer unless you have a specific allergy to the content.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:00 am
Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:53 am

"they" were up in arms because they'd need ID cards to get into pubs too (because of Klaus's big reset or some other bollocks). "They" love making up rules to be up in arms about.

What's Santa got to do with COVID??
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ive had 3 all the same make of jabs - does this equal max vax?

As for the rules, hard to keep up with the various ones in the Uk's different parts. Personally, I have no issue with ID cards but seeing how jabs dont stop spreading it, it seems pointless that you can enter actually with covid but not unless youve a negative test. Dont make sense.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Felt rough all of Monday after taking a lateral flow test, which was negative, pottered around feeling gradually worse, did another lateral flow before I went to bed around 11, still negative, woke the next morning feeling crap so took yet another lateral flow test and this one was positive. My PCR has returned positive, but I knew I had it way before then. Seems you will feel rough with it way before a positive result will show.

Still, I seem to have broke the back of it now after a terrible night. Just a waiting game to see if the other family members get it.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Thankfully, this seems to be the way of things. Yes more and more people are testing positive but, they get sick, feel like shit for a few days and then after a week or so, back to normal - a result of the vaccines.

I know loads of people who've had it since September and no one's had any really issues thank God.

I went into the office yesterday for the first time this year and forgot my mask... We've to wear one when away from our desks.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The new eu lockdowns and forced jabbing seem to be a hint of winter being a bit shit. Ftse seems to agree.

Tui getting shorted to hell.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:11 am The new eu lockdowns and forced jabbing seem to be a hint of winter being a bit shit. Ftse seems to agree.

Tui cancelled a mates holiday the other day with 5 weeks notice because the easyJet part of the package had cancelled their flight. He then spend 4hours on hold before he could speak to someone to get a refund. Sounds like the sort of experience that precedes companies folding.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:18 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:11 am The new eu lockdowns and forced jabbing seem to be a hint of winter being a bit shit. Ftse seems to agree.

Tui cancelled a mates holiday the other day with 5 weeks notice because the easyJet part of the package had cancelled their flight. He then spend 4hours on hold before he could speak to someone to get a refund. Sounds like the sort of experience that precedes companies folding.
I know, right. Having got stuck in the last rights issue (3rd) that saw a lump paid back to the German gov you have to think its the investors who will get fucked this time. My mates are booked with Crystal Ski (Tui) for Feb in Andorra, looking a bit sketchy at the mo.

Its not over yet.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Wife still not had her 3rd jab. Her consultant wasn't surprised she hadn't been contacted about it, and was raging about the whole thing being a shambles actually. Her GP surgery are washing their hands of any responsibility as well. And just to clarify, this is for a 3rd primary jab, not a booster, which she should then get in the new year.

it rather feels like what was, earlier this year, a fast and relatively efficient operation, has all gone to shit now most people have had their first 2 jabs.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Brilliant 😂😂
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Booster booked for Dec 17th - six months to the day from 2nd.

The booking system actually went live in Sunday evening
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…