Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:35 pm Sorry to hear that and hope he is on the mend now.

To shine a light on side effect reporting... Any suspected (i.e. even unproven) unexpected / previously undocumented side effect of a medical / pharmaceutical product should be reported for further investigation. In the UK, there is a system called "yellow card" for this (literally, the British National Formulary had little yellow cards in the back you could tear out and send off). I actually sent off one this week for a young chap with pericarditis the day after his vaccine - although he had been under the weather generally for a week or so previously so hard to know for certain.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -reporting
says have been close on 300,000 yellow card reports on the covid vaccines. Nothing I can see in there about kidney dysfunction, although hopefully your old man's case gets a yellow card report. That said, MCD can be due to lots of things - in adults it's reactive and can be triggered off by drugs, infections, tumors, etc etc so it would be tricky link to make conclusively.
https://www.ajkd.org/article/S0272-6386 ... 6/fulltext

Thanks for the info - maybe the above is just internet rubbish :lol:

I would appreciate more inspection as it seems very coincidental that a healthy 70 something year old then wasnt.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Broccers wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:45 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:35 pm Sorry to hear that and hope he is on the mend now.

To shine a light on side effect reporting... Any suspected (i.e. even unproven) unexpected / previously undocumented side effect of a medical / pharmaceutical product should be reported for further investigation. In the UK, there is a system called "yellow card" for this (literally, the British National Formulary had little yellow cards in the back you could tear out and send off). I actually sent off one this week for a young chap with pericarditis the day after his vaccine - although he had been under the weather generally for a week or so previously so hard to know for certain.

says have been close on 300,000 yellow card reports on the covid vaccines. Nothing I can see in there about kidney dysfunction, although hopefully your old man's case gets a yellow card report. That said, MCD can be due to lots of things - in adults it's reactive and can be triggered off by drugs, infections, tumors, etc etc so it would be tricky link to make conclusively.

I would appreciate more inspection as it seems very coincidental that a healthy 70 something year old then wasnt.
Probably not internet rubbish as it's a case report in a proper peer-reviewed journal. But I guess you probably need to see more definitive cases prior to drawing a definitive conclusion.

If he got as far as having a biopsy to prove minimal change then I would assume he's been scanned top to toe for any sinister causes.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:18 pm

Probably not internet rubbish as it's a case report in a proper peer-reviewed journal. But I guess you probably need to see more definitive cases prior to drawing a definitive conclusion.

If he got as far as having a biopsy to prove minimal change then I would assume he's been scanned top to toe for any sinister causes.
Yes absolutely everything possible. Dialysis and blood transfusions plus no excessive liquid have made a difference but a boat load of steroids seem to have moved things forward. Harrowing times especially when you can't go in.

I fully expect more stories like this very soon.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

unzippy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:29 am Partially unlocked in Melbourne. Had my first pint in 70ish days in the pub last night, swiftly followed by many more.

6 lockdowns totaling 262 days so far.
This prompted me to check our numbers - currently day 76 of this current lockdown and day 155 in either level 3 or 4 since it all kicked off last year.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Have had to sign up for the NHS Scotland covid status app as we're not sure how many people are going to this event tonight. Its yet another app which looks like its been designed by a company who've never designed an app before or who have done the absolute minimum possible in order to get their cash. Once you manage to find the app in the store, there's another signup to be done (rather than use the existing NHS system) and a rubbish signup & verification process.

Well done everyone.
Cheers,

Mike.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Wife managed to get covid. Kids had minor colds, she started feeling under the weather towards the end of the week and assumed it was the same, LFD tested as a precaution on Sunday and she has it but the rest of us don't. Did PCR tests to confirm. Not sure how that works given we spent a week away together for half term, going to the same places and doing the same things, then most of the day on Saturday in a car together. We did have different vaccines though.

I've got the fun of morning LFD tests each day for kids and I so they can go to school. Wife is banished to a separate plague room.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

My brothers boy had covid about a month ago, they all isolated. His wife caught it on day 10 of their isolation. Then I've just spoken to my bro, who has caught it on day 10 of the isolation they were doing for his wife...

30 days isolating, they are not pleased....

Though no serious affects so far.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Bah. Birthday today and have a meet up planned with my family for tomorrow. Sister in law has just tested positive so don't think we'll be seeing her or my brother now. Annus horribilis continues.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:18 pm

Theres a lot of nhs bashing about and I have to say theyve been nothing short of great with my old man. I am not surprised he didnt get covid in hospital over nearly a month. Anyway theyve turfed him out to be ferried back in 3 times a week for dialiysis. As its a 40 mile round trip we were quite amazed to find the NHS collect and return you for free in taxis. Can't knock that can you.
https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/08/pati ... al-travel/
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:23 am Annus horribilis continues.
Anusol will help with that.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Lots of cases in winter and colder months. Its a very strange highly contagious virus :lol:

The isolation rules are probably ignored by most of the population now.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yep - travelling into work three days a week now and most people on public transport ignore masks and social distancing too.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:23 am Bah. Birthday today and have a meet up planned with my family for tomorrow. Sister in law has just tested positive so don't think we'll be seeing her or my brother now. Annus horribilis continues.

Your birthday today? Oooh! 8-)
but can't meet up ... ahhh. :(
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

GG. wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:23 am Bah. Birthday today and have a meet up planned with my family for tomorrow. Sister in law has just tested positive so don't think we'll be seeing her or my brother now. Annus horribilis continues.
MHR GG. 🥳
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Happy birthday!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

simon_g wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:44 am Wife managed to get covid. Kids had minor colds, she started feeling under the weather towards the end of the week and assumed it was the same, LFD tested as a precaution on Sunday and she has it but the rest of us don't. Did PCR tests to confirm. Not sure how that works given we spent a week away together for half term, going to the same places and doing the same things, then most of the day on Saturday in a car together. We did have different vaccines though.

I've got the fun of morning LFD tests each day for kids and I so they can go to school. Wife is banished to a separate plague room.
Update: youngest tested positive on Thursday morning so both kids off school since then.

Now I’ve tested positive this morning. Daughter hasn’t (yet). Looking like we’re going to write off all of November at rate.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

GWS!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to get the booster at the weekend. It does beg the question how many jabs per year is it going to take before this ends?

Getting silly.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:41 pm before this ends

It's not going to end. Hth.
I haven't heard about mine yet but will have the flu one on the 20th.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:59 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:41 pm before this ends

It's not going to end. Hth.
I haven't heard about mine yet but will have the flu one on the 20th.
It will be just be one shot with the flu jab probs :)