Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:31 pm If they put concrete, unchangeable plans in place for a date that was specifically designed to be changeable in the event of data changes, then, I mean, that sounds like an issue with thier lack of comprehension, to be frank.
I've no clue what you mean - are you saying hospitality should do nothing, take no bookings until they are actually allowed to open and miss out on even more business?

Seems a strange idea to me.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm pretty sure most in the hospitality trade have been paying attention to the actual regs around this and are aware that the date may change, and thus haven't bet the farm on the 21st.

I'd they have, then that's unfortunate, but this is the literal opposite of an unexpected change. The potential for that date to change has been well known and well debated for literally months now.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Easy to say from your position isnt it. This explains it better for you - note full rent and payments needed - no delay on those.

Beany

Post by Beany »

Yet again, we come back to the fact that June 21st was never a concrete date.

Yes, it's fucking shitty, and there probably should be some compromise for industries like hospitality (is extension on finance in line with the ending of formal lockdown, whenever that is), but again, the date was always subject to change.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

One more - nothing said about helping after this date - all very well being comfortable in your own environment

59 - 5 even the crickets a disaster :D

GG.

Post by GG. »

Beany wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:57 pm Yet again, we come back to the fact that June 21st was never a concrete date.

Yes, it's fucking shitty, and there probably should be some compromise for industries like hospitality (is extension on finance in line with the ending of formal lockdown, whenever that is), but again, the date was always subject to change.
Yes... but the proposed reason for change is not remotely justified.
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's a Tory government, of course they're not going to do more than the minimum politically expedient thing to help :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

80 - 7 now ffs.

Saw this earlier on topic - check out the teeny lens wipe as somone in the crowd threw the ball back even though everyones been tested

DONT TOUCH THE BALL

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

“How should I protect myself from covid now?”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57087517

Point 2 is very telling
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:51 am You mean the debate over how they're going to fix the problems they created? :lol:

It is fun seeing the old worst prime minister ever trying to score points over the new worst prime minister ever though.
Funny, she didn't have any opinions when she had the seat 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Thought I watched a fit young guy die on Live TV a cpl of hrs ago. Gives some perspective.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Scary wasn’t it.

He seems to awake and stable which is great news
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Glad the kids didn't see it, the images were very disturbing. Great news he's OK, career over of course, but he's done alright.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Yeah its great to hear he's awake. Let's hope he can make a decent recovery. The images did not need to be seen though. BBC blaming the UEFA feed but there was no reason they couldn't cut back to the studio or even just cut the broadcast if they weren't ready.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I've just read how Kjaer responded to the situation, a fine example set.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

So scary that even with the masses of screening that goes into professional athletes, we still can’t always pick out those who will have a sudden cardiac death. Could be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia, Brugada or a host of stuff.

Hopefully get a diagnosis soon but in the coming days he’ll get a cardiac MRI, lots of ecg based testing and and almost certainly an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (a special type of pacemaker that can deliver a shock to restart your heart). He’ll get genetic tests and his family will then need to be screened. That’s a massive amount for anyone to take on board, let alone someone whose career depends on it.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

My eldest (7) started watching the game. Luckily we paused it after 35 minutes to have dinner, so we were aware. But for the people in the stadium it must have been traumatic, friend from school days were there with his two young boys, I hope they didn't see anything.

Even when they were blocking you could see much of what was going on. Not a pleasant site. Even less for his wife who was there watching.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yes that was awful.

What is potentially equally as awful is how I've missed the not opening up until Spring 2022 thing they are drip dripping now.

Simon

Post by Simon »

They can jog on. I'm having my Christmas with my son and my parents and that's the end of it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Simon wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:07 am They can jog on. I'm having my Christmas with my son and my parents and that's the end of it.
Thats the spirit :D