Coronavirus

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

What happened in Israel then when they'd vaccinated the vulnerable and started easing restrictions a couple of months ago...?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Broccers wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 pm Nhs isn't overwhelmed.
Vulnerable all vaccinated
What's the problem with having a meal inside?
It's about getting enough vaccinated and the numbers low enough so that you can start closer social interaction without the numbers going up again, with all the risks that entails (NHS, variants, etc)

Just because 'all the vulnerable are vaccinated', that isn't enough. We need herd immunity, and I dare say that by June 21 we'll have it.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

in two weeks you will be able to. It's quite refreshing to see the government actually sticking with a plan, rather than the pathetic Christmas scenario culminating in kids going back to school for one day.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:54 pm
in two weeks you will be able to. It's quite refreshing to see the government actually sticking with a plan, rather than the pathetic Christmas scenario culminating in kids going back to school for one day.
Meanwhile in the real world businesses have to shut on profitable bank holidays as the rain made outside catering impossible all for no reason. Hurray.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:54 pm
Meanwhile in the real world businesses have to shut on profitable bank holidays as the rain made outside catering impossible all for no reason. Hurray.
Better than having them gear up for a reopening that then ends up having to be cancelled because the numbers change direction.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

A few weeks ago there were easily 250k marching through London without masks. If this is/was so deadly where's the fall out?

It's bullshit
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Yep. All Bullshit. Tell that to India. Fucking moron :roll:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 pm Yep. All Bullshit. Tell that to India. Fucking moron :roll:
Last time I checked I live in the UK fucktit.

You're added to the list of brainwashed by media fools.

Have a great day.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I was expecting more tbh. Disappointed.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:34 am I was expecting more tbh. Disappointed.
How's the hangover? Hopefully out and about fitting new signs in place of failed businesses today.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

None of the above is true. In fact, quite the opposite. Many new businesses started this year, and existing ones still here and growing. Being in this trade, I see it first hand.

It's funny how the ones that bemoan and denounce the strict rules are the ones that are doing everything in their power to extend them. It's like they're stupid or something.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

My aunty had been very poorly for a while and she caught CV19 and never recovered, passed in November. She had been isolating for months and was probably during one of her hospital visits where she caught it. I was close to her as we shared the same Kidney condition and still gutted I had not seen her since before the first lockdown happened.

Its a stark reminder to me that infections and deaths and how CV19 is spread are all probabilities and not definites. Thousands can get together and very few catch CV19 - of which only fewer might have strong symptoms; conversely someone who isolated for more than 6 months, catches CV19 from minimal contact.

Had my jab yesterday and currently feeling really achy and nauseous !
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 am None of the above is true. In fact, quite the opposite. Many new businesses started this year, and existing ones still here and growing. Being in this trade, I see it first hand.

It's funny how the ones that bemoan and denounce the strict rules are the ones that are doing everything in their power to extend them. It's like they're stupid or something.
You must live in a parallel universe.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gwaredd wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 am None of the above is true. In fact, quite the opposite. Many new businesses started this year, and existing ones still here and growing. Being in this trade, I see it first hand.

Broccers talking shit to get a reaction, I am shocked :o
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 am

Broccers talking shit to get a reaction, I am shocked :o
You posting fuck all of value as usual I am not shocked.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I agree with Gwaredd for what's it's worth.

Most if not all of the small businesses that I use have reopened now. A lot never fully closed, pubs, restaurants and cafes moved to selling food for takeaway/delivery and shops started selling online.

A bookshop nearby didn't have the money to set up a full online store so they started selling over the phone and using social media to advertise the service. Worked out really well for them.

The businesses made an effort to work with their circumstances and their customers supported them.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

On one hand we have the 'Brexit will ruin small businesses brigade' and combined with enforced closure this is a double whammy for some. On the other new ones spring up as people have lost their jobs and will be giving something new a go. When the money runs out they too will shut as having a shop is not a profitable avenue compared to drop shippers with zero overheads and business rates.

Furlough (unemployment benefit) ends soon, right then we will see the true damage this has done.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

From my viewpoint, Brexit had a much larger adverse effect on business at my work than COVID has.

Not really surprising considering that we're an online retailer though.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Our work has gone mental, we usually run approx 3 week lead time for orders, but if you order now you won’t get it until October.
Cheers, Harry
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I've seen a mixture really, some new businesses popping up, some businesses adapted really well, but there's still plenty of boarded up shop fronts in town that were functioning businesses before the pandemic.