Coronavirus

jamcg

Re: Coronavirus

Post by jamcg »

Beany wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:35 pm I'm still mostly lacking in endurance, although I did manage to get up to the shop this evening, including a couple of stops to catch my breath. I then turned back because I'm still technically infectious. Sigh. That said, in the week just climing down and up the stairs to get a coffee was leaving me with my head spinning.

So minor improvement but I think I'll spend most of tomorrow in bed reading things on the phone.

Exhaustion - dear christ it's frustrating.
https://www.wsh.nhs.uk/CMS-Documents/Pa ... r-body.pdf

Something that might be of help
Beany

Post by Beany »

That's quite interesting, although I suspect it's probably a bit overkill for me. Might try a few nights of it though.

Not feeling breathless when sitting upright, etc, only when stressed (physically, mentally, etc).

Think the key is being less stressed :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh should point out, I'm not dismissive of your general inputs, I'm just generally pissed off with a lot of things, which I'm probably accidentally throwing back at you lot. Being tired makes concentration a ballache :lol:
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Question for all those who have been tested - how did you get your results? Text/Email or a physical piece of paper - and if it was the latter, was it a proper headed piece of A4 or a ticker-tape thing like a reciept?
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

When I got the randomised home test thing I was informed by email and text

Edit to add this was in July so may not be that relevant anymore
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, text and email.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nefarious wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 am Question for all those who have been tested - how did you get your results? Text/Email or a physical piece of paper - and if it was the latter, was it a proper headed piece of A4 or a ticker-tape thing like a reciept?
Text and email
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Ah, I'm asking the wrong thing. Has anybody had the antibody test? If so, same question.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ive been avoiding this subject while on holiday as much as possible. It's just one thing after another isn't it. Apart from the extreme tracking now in place when you go to a pub / restaurant it's quite easy to not worry about it.

However catching up this morning with various msm - what about these 10000 quid fines for not self isolating and paying the poor 500 quid to stay in?
How does this work? Ah... https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... -isolation

Recognising that self-isolation is one of the most powerful tools for controlling the transmission of Covid-19, this new Test and Trace Support payment of £500 will ensure that those on low incomes are able to self-isolate without worry about their finances.

Just under 4 million people who are in receipt of benefits in England will be eligible for this payment, which will be available to those who are required to self-isolate from 28 September.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:17 am Yeah, text and email.
Mrs Carlos was the same and within 24 hours.

ETA Covid test not Antibodies. I didn't realise they were doing those yet.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Would it be wrong to suggest a next spike will be caused by the benefits people looking for their 500 quid payout.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Broccers wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:05 pm Would it be wrong to suggest a next spike will be caused by the benefits people looking for their 500 quid payout.
It did cross my mind too. What cunts eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Broccers wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:05 pm Would it be wrong to suggest a next spike will be caused by the benefits people looking for their 500 quid payout.
It did cross my mind too. What cunts eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
True it will occur. I wish I was old enough to pack up and leave for warmer climbs.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I saw the potential punishments for not self-isolating, but the horse bolted on that one ages ago due to the handling of the whole thing. When the government still had our borders open with no screening at airports and some sort of quarantine... then the confusing guidelines and MPs defying their own guidelines... did they really think people would just follow instructions to self-isolate?
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Anyone seen the latest made up what could happen scareograph? What a joke. I reckon its making way for some other redic announcement from the government this afternoon.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:10 pm Anyone seen the latest made up what could happen scareograph? What a joke. I reckon its making way for some other redic announcement from the government this afternoon.
i think you've missed off the link.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:10 pm Anyone seen the latest made up what could happen scareograph? What a joke. I reckon its making way for some other redic announcement from the government this afternoon.
i think you've missed off the link.
For the technically inept;

GG.

Post by GG. »

This one is from last month but is an interesting article on corrections for various factors that should be made but were not in the graph that Chris Whitty showed. https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-cas ... heres-why/

Interestingly, because of the false positive rate you can easily end up in a situation where the actual number of true cases is surpassed by the FPR (false positive rate). This article on that point: https://www.hdruk.ac.uk/projects/false-positives/

A FPR of 1 in 1000 would mean at any time when the rate of infection in the tested population is <1 in 1000, the number of false positives is in theory equal to the number of real positives. If you mass test, that becomes a big issue in accuracy with infections at the current levels (but presumably less so once it surges upwards).

As someone noted - that graph has all the accuracy of Mystic Meg. All they can say in reality is that it looks on balance that the number of cases is now increasing again and the R is above 1. How quickly (if at all) we got to the number on that graph is subject to many variables and not determinable from the accuracy of the data they currently have - though it will probably become evident in the next couple of weeks.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

There's a cobra meeting tomorrow after which we can expect new guidelines/lockdown I'm guessing. All the noise these last few days is just laying down the preparations for it.
Cheers,

Mike.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Hospitality, pubs and entertainment shares fell off a cliff this morning, does the city know something about a new lock down that we don't?
Real-life Females