Coronavirus

ZedLeg

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ZedLeg »

I wear a mask to the supermarket and I wore one when I had to get the train to work one day last week. Also wore it while was working round others in the warehouse.

I don’t wear one if I’m outside in general though as it sets off my anxiety 🙂
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Just wondered really as we’re still wearing them when shopping as its not massive shops we use, but we seem to be in the minority. I guess it’s a biggy given the figures up here but I just assumed more would do it as its not doing any harm and isn’t a big change to make.

I think things will be back to normal soon anyway.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:51 am I think things will be back to normal soon anyway.
The normal will be all the people who have been able to carry on with their lives as key workers having a job and their kids educated and the others, who lost their income and have kids to look after. The money and credit will dry up soon so lets see what happens - the virus was never the main issue for me.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I just went to B&Q, its almost back to normal. No queues, plenty of stock. The only real difference was the queuing for the tills and sanitiser everywhere.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 pm I just went to B&Q, its almost back to normal. No queues, plenty of stock. The only real difference was the queuing for the tills and sanitiser everywhere.
I went to the beach last weekend, nearly empty. If you look at your telly everywhere is packed. The parks near us apparently have been shut as lots of kids out taking drugs and being kids. I'm not seeing the spikes they talk about, is anyone else?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s not happening here as far as I know but it looks like the US is heading for a second spike.

I guess it means our lockdown measures worked well when they were eventually put in place.

Saying that I just saw that Leicester might be having a spike
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The second or larger increase in numbers is due to testing - the percentage of positive tests is not published and could actually be going down.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Are they publishing the number of tests anywhere?

I thought they’d peaked and levelled out at around 100k a day.

It’s too early to say if the uk will see another peak, the real test will be 2 - 3 weeks after next weekend.
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:54 pm Are they publishing the number of tests anywhere?

It’s too early to say if the uk will see another peak, the real test will be 2 - 3 weeks after next weekend.
I'm sure a Google fact checking expert could answer that if it approved their views. 😂
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Humans- we’ve started to find some promising treatments for coronavirus and we’re human trialing vaccines that worked in animals

God/2020 in general- Fuck you

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... h-53218704
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:54 pm Are they publishing the number of tests anywhere?

Click on the FT link as well as reading the Twitter thread below. It seems that there are more test results available than shown in the data published by the Government. Which looks pretty ridiculous, unless they're deliberately understating the figures for some political reason.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

It's only the local breakdown though isn't it Jobbo? The national case numbers include all test settings.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

When there are now local lockdowns, publishing incomplete figures for specific areas is scandalous though. Particularly when they make decisions based on the full data, and apparently give the total national figures based on the full data.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I don't disagree, I've just been looking at the national figures, so wanted to make sure at least they were accurate.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I know they can’t shut the border and lets not argue about what a border actually is/isn’t and whether we have one between Scotland & England, but I am wondering what the SNP are up to by going on about it all the time. I kind of think they can’t help but play to the nationalist gallery about going for independence at any and every opportunity. But I’m sure I’m wrong.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Useless.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

On the daily stats infections and deaths have gone up slightly this week. :?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Also there is up to a 2 week delay between any changes in rules/behaviour and the resultant infection numbers.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:48 am On the daily stats infections and deaths have gone up slightly this week. :?
I haven’t done the numbers day to day but a cursory glance shows but the percentage growth is lower in the past week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-1 ... ed_Kingdom
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You must be getting your news from the lying media not the good media that agrees with broccers :lol:
An absolute unit