Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 am Anyone booked a holiday yet? :lol: :lol:
yep, centre parcs in august...😉

Can't see foreign travel for me until next year.
Everyone seems to be moaning about the cost of testing. It seems to me if you can't afford something at that current time in your life do something else. It's not as if this is a new concept. Plus, who wants to sit on a plane with a mask on for 4 - 12 hours?

Center parks tho - ooooh spendy :D
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:45 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 am Anyone booked a holiday yet? :lol: :lol:
yep, centre parcs in august...😉

Can't see foreign travel for me until next year.
Everyone seems to be moaning about the cost of testing. It seems to me if you can't afford something at that current time in your life do something else. It's not as if this is a new concept. Plus, who wants to sit on a plane with a mask on for 4 - 12 hours?

Center parks tho - ooooh spendy :D
Cost of test and wearing a mask on the plane wouldn't bother me, I'd be more concerned with what happens if you were unlucky enough to catch C19 whilst out there. Would insurance cover issues, would hotel boot you out, could you get back home, would you have to isolate there, etc...

Centre parcs is a freebie, my family go every year for a big meet up with all the kids (paid for by my mum!) this one is a rebook of May 2020.
dan

Post by dan »

Had my vaccine this morning, no side effects yet other than an arm ache so mild I wouldn’t have noticed if I wasn’t expecting it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gym, haircut and pub. Freedom!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers later today

An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:25 am Broccers later today

But outside, obvs :lol:

My local wasnt going to open until next month, then the brewery told them its full rent from today whatever they chose to do. I can see them opening this week.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

My local is open and I live in a very small village, so I'll be popping in to support them for an after work beer, as I can't see anyone from outside the village going until the hotel rooms open back up.

They've taken over the car park with tables so should be plenty of room!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Went for a haircut, gave up. Only by pure luck managed to get a pint. Sunny too. Happy days.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Broccers wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:06 pm Went for a haircut, gave up. Only by pure luck managed to get a pint. Sunny too. Happy days.
I tried to book the local barber, earliest app is still two weeks away !

I look like Lou Ferrigno as it is.. :roll:
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Barry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Excuse to head over to Wales mate 👌
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Taking full advantage today with a swim this morning, pub table booked for 5. It is my 42nd, though, so I have a good excuse.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:01 pm
Barry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Excuse to head over to Wales mate 👌
I'll be too busy riding round the hills, when I manage to get to Wales. 👍
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Went into town and bought a new hat, just because I could. It looks like a good drinking hat so I'll wear it in the pub garden in a couple of hours. :D
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mr_jon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm Taking full advantage today with a swim this morning, pub table booked for 5. It is my 42nd, though, so I have a good excuse.
Happy Birthday
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Some people that had been out from midday were being massive cocks by 3pm. Today. What is it with the Brits? Have a few and a laugh, go home.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

mr_jon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:38 pm Taking full advantage today with a swim this morning, pub table booked for 5. It is my 42nd, though, so I have a good excuse.
Happy Birthday!

I think pubs open here for bookings from the 26th - booze is only allowed outdoors for some reason....
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:06 pm Went for a haircut, gave up. Only by pure luck managed to get a pint. Sunny too. Happy days.
Do you lot reckon Boris has asked for the worst hair cut possible to make the country sit up and see he's suffering like the rest of us?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Happy birthday @mr_jon. Took the boys down to the barbers and we're all sporting freshly coiffed locks.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:08 pm Some people that had been out from midday were being massive cocks by 3pm. Today. What is it with the Brits? Have a few and a laugh, go home.
A nation of barely functional alcoholics.

He says, having gone for a swift half (legit only one pint, going to London tomorrow for server maintenance) to a new place that had an outdoor area thrown together then last couple of weeks.

Was a bit loud but otherwise alright. The staff were rusty having been not seeing customers for months but can let them off on that.

Quite nice to be 'normal' for an evening. Fucking cold out though :shock:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I've just been out around Birmingham city centre for dinner and a few beers. How nice it was to enjoy some company with food and alcohol 😂😂

There were a few people in a bit of a mess and someone had projectile vomitted all over the loo in Pitcher & Piano. An awesome effort in terms of wall yardage. 👏👏😂