Coronavirus

jamcg

Re: Coronavirus

Post by jamcg »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59263300

Portugal may have started something that could benefit others if it spreads over here
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think the French do something similar?

Anyway, last night in Portugal for us tonight and such is their pace of life I'm not surprised they don't want to get emails out of office hours.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Simon wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:53 pm I think the French do something similar?

Anyway, last night in Portugal for us tonight and such is their pace of life I'm not surprised they don't want to get emails out of office hours.
I’m here too.. where are you??
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:47 am
Simon wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:53 pm I think the French do something similar?

I’m here too.. where are you??
Albufeira. You gonna fly us back from Faro in a few hours?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Ugh. My youngest daughter has tested positive and is in bed rough with it. We're all jabbed up , so hopefully it won't too bad.
Just off for a family trip to get pcr tests now. Annoying as we've always been, and are continuing to be, super careful. Just goes to show how indiscriminate it is. Seems to be rife at the moment.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Hope she recovers quickly and the rest of your stay well.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It seems to be spreading through kids in schools, not a lot that you can do about that really. It seems to be a lot less severe though now - masses of cases, but relatively few deaths.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Anyone choosing not to go out in bars/restaurants?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:04 pm Anyone choosing not to go out in bars/restaurants?
same as before the virus for you then?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

;) Ignore this
Last edited by Mito Man on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Brutal, but funny. I, along with fam, are not avoiding anything. Life has to be lived? I don't even wear a mask in the supermarket :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Shit I posted that in the wrong place, too many drinks.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Nathan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:04 pm Anyone choosing not to go out in bars/restaurants?
A friend's parents have barely left the house in the last 18 months. Includes not seeing their elderly parents in a nearby nursing home. Some people take it a bit far...
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

There’s a boycott Tesco hashtag going around twitter because Santa shows a vaccine passport in their new advert, so if you want to avoid anti-vaxxers this Christmas shop there 😂
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I rarely go to the shops in normal times, but went to the supermarket a few weeks ago, wearing a mask like the signs on the door suggested I should.

Felt like a plank as pretty much the only person wearing one, surprised to see the majority of staff without one too so now also don’t bother.

I’m perfectly happy with keeping my distance from people and shopping at quiet times, just like before the pandemic 😂
Cheers, Harry
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, my mask wearing habits are essentially - if I'm somewhere and I look round and everyone else has one on - I'll stick it on.

I did an internal flight from Heathrow up to teeside last week, it was masks on for the whole of that, though the pilot asked if we could wear them because the staff had to so to give them some support. There were about 8 people on the flight, so it felt like a fairly pointless but nice thing to do.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I still wear a mask most of the time when I'm out and about. But not many else do.

Went to fill up the car yesterday and there was a traffic light system at the door. I was the only one that patiently waited until it turned green before entering. I'm not sure what to think anymore, but it feels like politeness and concern for others has gone down even more.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

Back from Portugal now and mask wearing there was like night and day compared to here. Yes, it's no longer compulsory for shops etc here, but even when it was it never got anywhere near the compliance that I saw in Portugal. Everyone from a young teenager and older was wearing them. EVERYONE. No stupid 'I'm exempt' lanyards, no cry-babies, and no rebels. It's as normal as wearing clothes over there.

At the breakfast buffet in the hotel you wore a mask if you were not at your table. End of conversation. And they supplied a disposable glove to reduce transmission through the touching of tongs etc. And walking around inside the hotel everyone was using masks. It's no wonder their rates per 100 million people are barely a quarter of ours. They're absolutely smashing it for vaccinations too. Leading Europe at 88% of total pop. double vaxxed, with another 1% having had just one dose.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I never wear a mask unless required. Had my booster yesterday and they had to give me a face covering as I just don't carry them these days.

I've recommended my old man doesn't have the 3rd jab seeing how the first 2 nearly killed him. One thing to note is the amount of questions asked this time about reactions to previous jabs. Reckon there are quite a few bad cases out there they aren't telling us about.