Coronavirus

Barry

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barry »

Had my 1st AZ dose last night, slept reasonably well, very minor headache and decent muscle fatigue today. Fingers crossed that's all it'll be 👍
Marv

Post by Marv »

My immune response was pretty strong!

Had the AZ Vaccine Wednesday morning. That evening had the cold shakes, muscle pains and a mild headache. Then had a fever overnight.

Felt like crap when I woke up on Thursday morning, a bit better through the rest of the morning and early afternoon. Then shit again in the evening 😂

Woke up this morning feeling close to normal, just a bit tired.

Recommend the vaccine over getting the real thing!
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Had my second one yesterday
Also went to the gym so any pain I'm feeling is self inflicted so far.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Had AZ last Saturday and no side effects yet. I'm basically Superman, especially compared to you fuckers.
Marv

Post by Marv »

speedingfine wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:11 pm Had AZ last Saturday and no side effects yet. I'm basically Superman, especially compared to you fuckers.
No side effects? That must mean you would be an asymptomatic super spreader with the real thing.

Lock him up!
Oui, je suis un motard.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Marv wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:13 pm
speedingfine wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:11 pm Had AZ last Saturday and no side effects yet. I'm basically Superman, especially compared to you fuckers.
No side effects? That must mean you would be an asymptomatic super spreader with the real thing.

Lock him up!
:lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

speedingfine wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:54 pm

Lock him up!
:D Or that his immune system is in such a bad state that it just let the bits of virus slip by without a passing glance.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

duncs500 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:55 pm
speedingfine wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:54 pm

Lock him up!
:D Or that his immune system is in such a bad state that it just let the bits of virus slip by without a passing glance.
This. More suffering = more manly and betterer immune stuff.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

1st jag day has finally arrived, so I expect the man flu to hit hard tomorrow. I am a total wreck at the moment so am entirely expecting that to happen.
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Ascender wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:29 am 1st jag day has finally arrived, so I expect the man flu to hit hard tomorrow. I am a total wreck at the moment so am entirely expecting that to happen.
You funny wording foreign folk. I had a friend saying he was getting his Jag and I asked him what kind as he has kids so would it be an F-Type or XF etc :lol:

Dave!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

V8Granite wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:48 am
Ascender wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:29 am 1st jag day has finally arrived, so I expect the man flu to hit hard tomorrow. I am a total wreck at the moment so am entirely expecting that to happen.
You funny wording foreign folk. I had a friend saying he was getting his Jag and I asked him what kind as he has kids so would it be an F-Type or XF etc :lol:

Dave!
:D

Big debate over jag v jab up here. Not sure if its a regional thing but as a Highland teuchter it was always a "jag".
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

This person lives in Invergordon but comes from Nottingham, I think she is a hybrid.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Anyone else listening to the doom mongers presentation from the PM? Jesus H Christ is there no optimism or hope in these dudes?

I think they love the power too much.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Absolutely nothing apart from a slightly sore arm when I leant against a doorframe earlier. Talk about an anticlimax.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Had my second on Thursday and I'm not going to lie at around 5pm Friday I suddenly became absolutely knackered and fell asleep before dinner. Was in bed for 7 but after a decent night's sleep was right as rain. Weird.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

1st Pfizer jag Sunday. Felt like I had been punched for maybe 24 hours but luckily it was the same shoulder as the buggered rotator cuff so I am used to favouring that side.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:54 am Had my second on Thursday and I'm not going to lie at around 5pm Friday I suddenly became absolutely knackered and fell asleep before dinner. Was in bed for 7 but after a decent night's sleep was right as rain. Weird.
I'd have thought, with all your detailed medical knowledge on pandemics and the like, you'd be able to work out why this might be?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:34 am
Broccers wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:54 am Had my second on Thursday and I'm not going to lie at around 5pm Friday I suddenly became absolutely knackered and fell asleep before dinner. Was in bed for 7 but after a decent night's sleep was right as rain. Weird.
I'd have thought, with all your detailed medical knowledge on pandemics and the like, you'd be able to work out why this might be?
I know why just reporting on what to expect if you are nearly 50. Id imagine being younger the effects will be less. My parents werent well after their 2nd jabs.

But please do fuck off with your wanky comments :)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:33 am 1st Pfizer jag Sunday. Felt like I had been punched for maybe 24 hours but luckily it was the same shoulder as the buggered rotator cuff so I am used to favouring that side.
Ive had one of those - the only way to get rid of it is to build up the muscle in that area and its bloody painful to an extent you cant sleep unless your arm is in a certain position.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Broccers wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:12 am
Gavin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:33 am 1st Pfizer jag Sunday. Felt like I had been punched for maybe 24 hours but luckily it was the same shoulder as the buggered rotator cuff so I am used to favouring that side.
Ive had one of those - the only way to get rid of it is to build up the muscle in that area and its bloody painful to an extent you cant sleep unless your arm is in a certain position.
Yeah, I have had frozen shoulder a few times and it was similar.

I have physio exercises to build it back up but it can be a bugger when you forget and reach for something....