Coronavirus

integrale_evo

Re: Coronavirus

Post by integrale_evo »

Trump suggesting the US is near the peak of the curve 🙄 We're probably still not at our peak and they're at least a week behind us!
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:36 pm Our small business grant from the local authority is apparently being transferred today, for anyone who thought that it may take a while. Get on and claim it if you are eligible.
Do you have to pay it back or is it just a free 10 grand?
Everyone will pay it back. But the company doesn't have to pay it back direct no.

Ours should be this week apparently but no sign yet
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:36 pm Our small business grant from the local authority is apparently being transferred today, for anyone who thought that it may take a while. Get on and claim it if you are eligible.
Do you have to pay it back or is it just a free 10 grand?
It's a grant; there's no clawback so long as you satisfy the conditions to claim it. It's not going to make up for the tax hit to pay back the £40 billion which the furlough scheme is costing the exchequer, but cashflow now is probably the important thing.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Just been furloughed. Allegedly the company are going to top up to the original 75% pay cut. They bloody better!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I've been furloughed from a supply company I stopped working for last month! According to their email it goes from the 28th Feb and even though I've started a new job I'm still entitled to it. Read the email 3 times to make sure.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Like techno/electronic music?

Want to make a donation to The Red Cross?

https://enisslab.bandcamp.com/?fbclid=I ... -xTxPKfIlg

56 tracks,

6 hours' of music

€39 min donation...
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 am
duncs500 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am There's just as much chance that China will come out of this crisis first (already is), and get a headstart and a bigger manufacturing foothold. I'm not sure I see much liklihood that we'll rely on China less after this.
Our relationship with China won't change one bit.

Firstly, most people have short memories. Secondly, everyone loves a bargain. And lastly, most people underestimate just how intertwined we have become with them, not just from consumer products perspective but across many, many industries including strategic construction projects and developments.
Aye, don't they own Africa now, what with all the roads and railways they put in?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Road and Belt scheme, third world countries getting more broke because of it.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

unzippy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:09 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 am
duncs500 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am There's just as much chance that China will come out of this crisis first (already is), and get a headstart and a bigger manufacturing foothold. I'm not sure I see much liklihood that we'll rely on China less after this.
Our relationship with China won't change one bit.

Firstly, most people have short memories. Secondly, everyone loves a bargain. And lastly, most people underestimate just how intertwined we have become with them, not just from consumer products perspective but across many, many industries including strategic construction projects and developments.
Aye, don't they own Africa now, what with all the roads and railways they put in?
The ones built by prisoners and where they burn down villages and kill large groups of animals, yep that’s the ones.

Some of the work practices they do are scary and they are hellish to deal with.

Dave!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:50 pm I've been furloughed from a supply company I stopped working for last month! According to their email it goes from the 28th Feb and even though I've started a new job I'm still entitled to it. Read the email 3 times to make sure.
Read an article on bbc that was about this. Apparently people are being encouraged by some mp’s to approach former employers to see if they can put them into the furlough scheme like yours appears to have done

Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am Fuuuuuuck!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-52221688
Holy shit. That's properly insane. Brace yourself for the idiots this Easter weekend then....
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think transgressors should be shot on site. No second chances. We need to be doing Darwin's work for him.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Went out on the bike earlier.....

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Shame the stupid cunts can't all be locked up together and let their immune systems battle it out without risk of passing it on to anyone else.
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

These stats are annoying. They're giving 765 'new' deaths in England, but apparently only 140 occurred yesterday, the rest seem to be scattered around March and April. It's difficult to compare.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Manc :roll: More than likely far too much everywhere though, it just hasn't been reported like that.
I'm sure I heard an ice cream van earlier...
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:18 pm These stats are annoying. They're giving 765 'new' deaths in England, but apparently only 140 occurred yesterday, the rest seem to be scattered around March and April. It's difficult to compare.
They're very hard to interpret - there is always a dip at the weekends because reporting goes down then a bump on Mon/Tues as weekend deaths go into the system. I think you have to look at a week's average to make any sense of it.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:19 pm Manc :roll: More than likely far too much everywhere though, it just hasn't been reported like that.
I'm sure I heard an ice cream van earlier...
To be fair, an ice cream van!!!!!
tumblr_inline_ou32gglC4F1tg5wat_640.jpg
tumblr_inline_ou32gglC4F1tg5wat_640.jpg (57.16 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
Cheers,

Mike.