Coronavirus

McSwede

Re: Coronavirus

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:32 am
McSwede wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:21 am So its not still 'law' having to wear a mask in a shop?

My other half works in posh furniture sales. They are all still masked up all day. It's absolutely ridiculous. And yes it does impact many people for no good reason.
Wearing a mask is not a hardship is it.
All day, everyday at work? You probably dont have to wear one so its no hardship to you no :lol:
I'm at our office for two days this week and next and I shall have to wear a mask whilst I am there. It's such a non event that I can't believe so many fannies out there are moaning about it. It's not a big deal.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:19 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:14 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 pm you want them to form a coherent exit plan for an ever evolving virus that has disrupted the entire planet for 2 years?

Think back to the early days - 1 passenger got on a cruise ship with Covid, infected 700 and 14 people died. The world has been trying to find the right solution ever since.
Was the demographic of the dead ever confirmed? Usually cruises full of older less fit people who drink too much :lol: :lol:
Broccers, you're laughing at people dying.
I was just chuckling reading this thread thinking Broccers is going to say died with COVID rather than of it and there it is lol

Cruise ships must have their own mortuary and funeral parlour if they are losing 14 passengers a trip !
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:43 pm The problem is that the anti vaxxers have created this problem. They're not happy to just not get jabbed, they're desperate to be oppressed. If you're in a job where it should be common sense that you need to be vaccinated then either get vaccinated or get another job.
Obviously this doesn't include people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons.
This. It's entirely up to the employer what staff they keep. I will never employ a smoker based purely on my hatred for it, the smell and the fact that they seemingly take a fag break every 20 minutes so never get a full shift in.

I also wouldn't employ an anti-vaxxer because they usually can't spell and breathe out of their mouths heavily. (stereotype joke)
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Whilst I agree employers "checking your medical records" is a very emotive statement and clearly a step too far, this is not really that is it.

It's "employers in healthcare checking the vaccination status of workers with direct face to face contact with patients."

I'm surprised that this isn't the case already to be honest - it's pretty important stuff really.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:00 pm Is this one true?

Not sure but Peter Sweden is a holocaust denier
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Not sure but Peter Sweden is a holocaust denier
he definitely seems like Broccers' kind of guy...

"Peter Sweden, is a far-right speaker and activist. Imanuelsen was originally a Holocaust denier white nationalist, extreme-homophobe, Islamophobe and conspiracy theorist crank who has written that Jews and the Vatican are behind a New World Order."
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Common theme with people when looking to disagree - discuss anything other than the subject or question. Weird isnt it. :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Why would I trust anything a holocaust denier says?

He's wrong about an easily researchable fact of world history, but he's probably right about this? :lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:23 pm Common theme with people when looking to disagree - discuss anything other than the subject or question. Weird isnt it. :lol:
the question you raised was "is this one true?". Discussing the credibility of the person posting it is a good place to start.

you haven't answered any of the control questions yet - what control has the government gained from covid that it didn't have before?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:23 pm Common theme with people when looking to disagree - discuss anything other than the subject or question. Weird isnt it. :lol:
Several reports on France's new rules state 7 months since last Jab as the time limit - one (iNews ??) makes reference to this changing to 4 months from Mid Feb. None of the others do.

so on balance, I'd say it's not true
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Or in other words, I know this isn't true as it's not been announced by any major news stations yet, only this fucking crackpot, but I'm desparately trying to stir shit so...

Why don't you look it up yourself? You know, DYOR.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Your posting style is very Maajid Nawaz. If, like him, you are just asking questions, why do you think people are disagreeing?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pm
Your posting style is very Maajid Nawaz. If, like him, you are just asking questions, why do you think people are disagreeing?
God he really is annoying.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:43 pm The problem is that the anti vaxxers have created this problem. They're not happy to just not get jabbed, they're desperate to be oppressed. If you're in a job where it should be common sense that you need to be vaccinated then either get vaccinated or get another job.
Obviously this doesn't include people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons.
This. It's entirely up to the employer what staff they keep. I will never employ a smoker based purely on my hatred for it, the smell and the fact that they seemingly take a fag break every 20 minutes so never get a full shift in.

I also wouldn't employ an anti-vaxxer because they usually can't spell and breathe out of their mouths heavily. (stereotype joke)
Thread hijack.

Many years ago I was working fairly locally and the office manager sent an email round to everyone warning against people cooking very smelly food in the office microwave, because it was pretty anti-social. I replied-to-all asking if we could make the same request that people don't use the lifts straight after coming in from a cigarette break outside, because it stunk the lifts out for ages afterwards. She replied to me saying how offensive that was because, of course, she was a smoker herself. (I hadn't forgotten this fact when I sent my email). I did manage to refrain from making the comment that she shouldn't be using the lift to go up just one level in the first place and maybe the exercise would do her good.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Still mild symptoms here - a bit of a headache and a sore throat. I'll take that.
Daughter just got a very faint line on her LFT...
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:28 pmyou haven't answered any of the control questions yet - what control has the government gained from covid that it didn't have before?
any thoughts on this one yet Broccers? I'm interested to hear the opinions of someone who thinks this is the case to understand why they think it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 am
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:28 pmyou haven't answered any of the control questions yet - what control has the government gained from covid that it didn't have before?
any thoughts on this one yet Broccers? I'm interested to hear the opinions of someone who thinks this is the case to understand why they think it.
I'm pretty sure you can find these out yourself. Trying to score wins on here is very tiresome :lol:

Its still a law to self isolate. You have to show vaccination passports to get in events. These are just two.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Doms on one again. Interesting this findings show how flexible the uk is away from the eu shackles - positive :lol:

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:34 am Plenty of other restrictions, you can dyor.
Broccers wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 am I'm pretty sure you can find these out yourself.

The perennial answer from the tinfoil hat brigade, because deep down they're far too embarrassed to admit to their "sources" / "logic" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If my sources were an anti-vax doctor and a white supremacist I'd probably keep them to myself too tbh :lol:
An absolute unit