Re: Coronavirus

Post by DeskJockey »

GWS
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

There is a trend seen with myocarditis / myopericarditis seen in the FDA data, but it seems to be a event rate of about 0.006%, which compares to an event rate of myocarditis secondary to covid infection of about 0.05% in a similar same age group. ( source: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21260998v1 )

Bit like how the blood clot risk is much higher from having covid compared to having the vaccine ( source: https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1931 )

What I've not seen data on is the severity of the myocarditis. There isn't anything on mortality. As far as I can tell, this is people presenting to a general practitioner or emergency care facility rather than being admitted. Myocarditis is usually an uncomfortable but self-limiting condition without long-term sequelae. (source: I am a cardiologist)

What also isn't clear if what your risk of these things is if you catch 'Rona post vaccine.
Simon

Post by Simon »

You being a cardiologist is all well and good, but I want to know what Steve on Twitter's equally valid opinion is, once he's spent 20 minutes Googling and asking his mates on antivax sites.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Simon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:10 pm You being a cardiologist is all well and good, but I want to know what Steve on Twitter's equally valid opinion is, once he's spent 20 minutes Googling and asking his mates on antivax sites.
See also what Sandra shares on Facebook. Wealth of knowledge that woman
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Simon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:10 pm You being a cardiologist is all well and good, but I want to know what Steve on Twitter's equally valid opinion is, once he's spent 20 minutes Googling and asking his mates on antivax sites.

Turns out he’s in favour too.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I've had second jab, and because I was a brave boy I got a smiley face sticker as well as my "I've had my vaccination sticker".

Forty, going on fourteen :lol:
Marv

Post by Marv »

Beany wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:22 pm I've had second jab, and because I was a brave boy I got a smiley face sticker as well as my "I've had my vaccination sticker".

My only disappointment with the vaccine was I never got a sticker :cry:
Oui, je suis un motard.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

My wife has it along with my 16 yr old daughter. They are both quite rough yet me and my son are so far symptom free !
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Hopefully a speedy recovery for all. Sounds like a similarly weird distribution to my family where my daughter and I had it but the wife and son did not despite clearly living in a miasma of infectious material for several weeks.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Marv wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:57 pm
Beany wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:22 pm I've had second jab, and because I was a brave boy I got a smiley face sticker as well as my "I've had my vaccination sticker".

My only disappointment with the vaccine was I never got a sticker :cry:
You're obviously not chatting enough shit with the nurse.

Feeling rather fatigued today and I constantly feel like my arms been firmly punched recently, but otherwise no real issues from the second jab.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Note: cheap Shiraz really helps with the arm pain and makes me not care about the fatigue.

I recommend getting your Pfizer jab on a Friday and spending the weekend mildly pissed 8-)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Beany wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:16 pm Note: cheap Shiraz really helps with the arm pain and makes me not care about the fatigue.

I recommend getting your Pfizer jab on a Friday and spending the weekend mildly pissed 8-)
I booked mine with the intention of this. Both somehow fell on my working Saturdays 😂
Simon

Post by Simon »

Not this old chesnut. Get your jab on a Monday morning and get a few days off work.

It's your moral duty.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:09 pm Not this old chesnut. Get your jab on a Monday morning and get a few days off work.

It's your moral duty.
Thanks to my workflow, that means it's be backed up for a week.

Yes, I'm looking for a new job.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Beany wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 am
Simon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:09 pm Not this old chesnut. Get your jab on a Monday morning and get a few days off work.

It's your moral duty.
Thanks to my lack of my documented processes, that means it's be backed up for a week.

FTFY👍
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Aus has blown it as usual.

I am double vaccinated, have been since the end of June. Yet here we are. Curfew, 5km limit, pubs/restaurants/shops shut.

No different to 12 months ago, what a joke.

They locked down well, but completely failed in the vaccine roll out. It definitely should have been a two pronged attack with the vaccine message pushed hard and fast, along with the media not being allowed to scaremonger regarding AZ. But no, PM all over the media saying "it's not a race", look one person died of a blood clot out of the how ever many million jabbed - it must not be safe.

Again, multiple failures to learn from the rest of the world. "Oh, we'll set up super hospitals to deal with the sick - what, there's no staff to run them?"
Exactly what happened in the UK with the super Nightingale hospitals. Stuffed full of intensive care beds but unable to treat patients as there were no staff. A year ago.

Also see Aged Care. In NSW COVID has ripped through the old peoples home due to low paid workers working at many locations without suitable ppe provided, exactly what happened in Victoria a year ago, exactly what happened in the UK and the rest of the work 18 month ago. Fucking morons.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
mik

Post by mik »

unzippy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:19 am Defnitely should have been a two pronged attack with the vaccine message pushed hard and fast, along with the media not being allowed to scaremonger regarding AZ. But no, PM all over the media saying "it's not a race", look one person died of a blood clot out of the how ever many million jabbed - it must not be safe.
And that’s what we live in. If it creates fear, outrage, confusion, conspiracies….. it’s great business for the media. And if that creates a negative outcome - more news to cover and the circle continues. Boom time.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sounds horrific.

I had 3 days in bed last week absolutely dieing of a cold / cough. Thats all it was, no need to get tested for some random disease. It is the first time Ive been knocked off my feet in years tho. Makes you wonder how immune systems will cope for general winter stuff.
Beany

Post by Beany »

unzippy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:06 am
Beany wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 am

It's your moral duty.
Thanks to my lack of my documented processes, that means it's be backed up for a week.

FTFY👍
Oh the process is documented. No one else wants to do it even for a day, and management don't care.

Hence, looking for another job.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

A friend is currently in hospital with covid. She's in a stupid amount of pain, can't keep food or drink down but is breathing ok. Her case is complicated by having chronic renal disease.

Oh, and she's anti vax. :roll:

I'm rather worried about her.
Banal Vapid Platitudes