Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Its funny that there is never ever any good news in the news, almost one disaster to the next. Someone somewhere will be making fortunes.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... n-11947956
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well I’ve lost 2kg just from not eating out for the past 2 weeks so it’s not all bad. Some people saying they will just rely on Just Eat but I don’t trust someone else’s cooking at times such as this. Would rather just go to the supermarket and do my own. I just wonder worst case scenario if they shut towns how the food supply will end up. Hopefully won’t end up with a weekly government supply of rice and beans 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

2kg? Can lose that in one day by having a massive shit in the morning and eating rice cakes all day ;)

It seems only the southerners are panic buying so far,
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

A case in Maidstone; the vultures are circling...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 pm A case in Maidstone; the vultures are circling...
Wanna sit atop the white cliffs of Dover sniping all the Italians that come through? :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:21 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 pm A case in Maidstone; the vultures are circling...
Wanna sit atop the white cliffs of Dover sniping all the Italians that come through? :lol:

No! I'm not racist.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

We can go for the French too, I’m not picky.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Aye, add them to the list, no need to discriminate.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The madness has started... my local B&Q has sold out of dust masks to be used for painting due to coronavirus...
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It'll be interesting to see what the gov say this morning. Stock market picking up - will probably tank again when BJ speaks.
Foz

Post by Foz »

What a load of utter nonsense, a fkn cold is going to shutdown the world :roll:

Smokescreen for a brexit economy dip anyone :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 am The madness has started... my local B&Q has sold out of dust masks to be used for painting due to coronavirus...
I have an unopened pack in the garage..... finally my get-rich-quick opportunity has emerged.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Foz wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am What a load of utter nonsense, a fkn cold is going to shutdown the world :roll:

A serious flu isn’t a cold.

A danger of flu epidemics is people ignoring the symptoms and spreading it round.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

This is the problem with something like this. For everyone panic buying masks in B&Q there’s someone who thinks it’s overblown nonsense and won’t take any precautions.

We won’t know who’s right for a while.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:38 am
Foz wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am What a load of utter nonsense, a fkn cold is going to shutdown the world :roll:

A serious flu isn’t a cold.

A danger of flu epidemics is people ignoring the symptoms and spreading it round.
This short excerpt from the New Scientist is sufficient to demonstrate the difference:

"Alwalid and his colleagues have been assessing CT lung scans of people in Wuhan who have caught the virus. In the first week of infection, before symptoms start to show, signs of inflammation become apparent in the lungs. This spreads from one site in one lung to multiple areas of both lungs in the first few weeks of becoming infected, before it starts to improve.

“We found some fibrosis [scarring] in the lungs, but we don’t know if that is reversible,” he says. “Is it something that will resolve, or will it stay in the lungs? And what might the consequences be?”

Certainly sounds like something I'd want to take steps to avoid...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:54 am This is the problem with something like this. For everyone panic buying masks in B&Q there’s someone who thinks it’s overblown nonsense and won’t take any precautions.

FWIW, the masks are apparently pretty useless. But yeah, that's not really the point! I do wonder if the public response is going to escalate pretty quickly...
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This all seems to be turning into a Brexit style shitshow again. Lots of government bullshit, meetings with no solutions and lack of action. Every day we get another 10 cases or so and some cunt says “oh it’s gonna get worse...”
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:08 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:54 am This is the problem with something like this. For everyone panic buying masks in B&Q there’s someone who thinks it’s overblown nonsense and won’t take any precautions.

FWIW, the masks are apparently pretty useless. But yeah, that's not really the point! I do wonder if the public response is going to escalate pretty quickly...
IIRC usually when people wear the masks in Japan it's because they're sick and don't want to spread it around rather than trying to avoid getting sick. But yeah it needs to be those surgical style masks, a dust mask will do fuck all.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Anything which helps prevent the spread of droplets from the nose or mouth, either to or from the wearer will have some effect in reducing the chances of spreading it, but no, they're not actually going to filter out the virus.
Cheers, Harry