Coronavirus

Broccers

Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Anyone actually worried? From a health perspective I am not as its old infirm people who will kick the bucket. Economy tho ... today it's kicking in.

Might have to stop buying cheap shit from China.
Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

Oh and by the way I feel for those people on the cruise ship. I went on a cruise once... and Nic rang reception for some imodium as I had the shits. Within 5 mins a team knocked on the door in radioactive type suits and started spraying as apparently I had Norovirus not the shits. 24 hours confined to cabin was tough. I saw Grenada through a round window.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Not at the moment, like you say, it seems to be the old and infirm who are most at risk. Selfishly, we are neither and our folks all live in the middle of butt fvck nowhere, so are unlikely to be at a high risk of catching it.

As I said in another thread though, I do wonder when the media will start stoking up the apparent risk and the need for us to adopt zombie-apocalypse protocol which will see panic buying. That will be just be a colossal pain in the backside.

Is there a risk to it mutating though?
Cheers,

Mike.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

We’ve been running bcp for this for a couple of weeks now as we have about 6000 employees out there. We were seeing the slowdown in spread in China in the past week. The spread to other countries (the non communist ones) is more of a concern as Chinese have been directed to stay at home and are doing it through fear (of both catching it and punishment) where democratic countries may not get such compliance. Will continue to be involved in the meetings and response but we are being told that it’s likely from early next week China will start to move again and allow people back to offices and factories in some areas meaning shipping will start up again too.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 pm Is there a risk to it mutating though?
No but it may become ill-tempered... ;) :lol:

Pretty much the same as you - Reasonably healthy and folks living in the Back of Beyond...

Could do without travel restrictions, (or Sand Storms for that matter ;) ) in the summer for our trip to the Canaries... :shock:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Weve 2 in Sheffield now Mike so I expect to be infected by wednesday next week ;) https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/two-co ... ld-1888525

I did voice concerns about travelling on a plane with friends next month - just being daft apparently seeing how you never ever get ill on planes ;)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 pm Weve 2 in Sheffield now Mike so I expect to be infected by wednesday next week ;) https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/two-co ... ld-1888525

I did voice concerns about travelling on a plane with friends next month - just being daft apparently seeing how you never ever get ill on planes ;)
Next Wednesday?

When will you listen to sensible offers for the Boxster?
Cheers,

Mike.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 pm I did voice concerns about travelling on a plane with friends next month - just being daft apparently seeing how you never ever get ill on planes ;)
Off to Florida at the beginning of April hoping for purely selfish reasons that it doesn’t impact out holiday as it been a long term planned thing that’s cost me a packet, I am a little concerned but while I’m working on a response I get correct and accurate information and not the click bait sensationalised stuff in the media and we haven’t been advised to work on a response for anywhere else yet and China is calming down as I said.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:27 pm When will you listen to sensible offers for the Boxster?
Tuesday :lol: You can have the 2 grand Ive got in the M coupe forum bank account too :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

drcarlos wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 pm I did voice concerns about travelling on a plane with friends next month - just being daft apparently seeing how you never ever get ill on planes ;)
Off to Florida at the beginning of April hoping for purely selfish reasons that it doesn’t impact out holiday as it been a long term planned thing that’s cost me a packet, I am a little concerned but while I’m working on a response I get correct and accurate information and not the click bait sensationalised stuff in the media and we haven’t been advised to work on a response for anywhere else yet and China is calming down as I said.
Do you think travel insurance will cover you if you decide its not an option to go?
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:40 pm
Do you think travel insurance will cover you if you decide its not an option to go?
Doubt it. Not unless your doc tells you not to go.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:43 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Doubt it. Not unless your doc tells you not to go.
I guess being your age Mik does have its advantages :D :D
mik

Post by mik »

Speak up
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:54 pmSpeak up
Sorry lad I cant see you :D :D :D
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to wonder if this hits africa tho
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:58 pm Got to wonder if this hits africa tho
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do about that.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’s a good time to start buying stocks at a discount, if nothing else.
dinny_g wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:22 pmCould do without travel restrictions, (or Sand Storms for that matter ;) ) in the summer for our trip to the Canaries... :shock:
My sister was due to fly home from Tenerife last night (she’s been there to see our mum for her birthday). She’s not impressed but she’ll be home on Wednesday night.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

China car sales are down 92% so it’s gonna hit hard soon.

Not panic buying as such but I compiled an inventory list for maintenance and machine parts and ordered everything a few weeks ago to have stock for 2 years as it’s all made in east Asia and I reckon stock here will run out soon. Just look at JCB.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 pm It’s a good time to start buying stocks at a discount, if nothing else.
Not quite yet I reckon.

Sold most of mine in January as saw this coming.... strangely the market did not.
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:58 pm Got to wonder if this hits africa tho
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do about that.
:lol: <applause> 👏🏻