Coronavirus

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:08 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:31 pm
That does not in any way refute my suggestion. As I said, correlation does not imply causation.
I don't think anyone has ever said that you can't get delta and omicron?
No, but you and Mike both seem to have said that catching Delta makes you more likely to catch Omicron. That’s not necessarily a correct interpretation of the data 😷🤪
nah, I agree with you on the lack of data
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:14 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:31 pm Still loads of zombies out with their masks on in the open air.

A nation scared so much for so little it will ruin many peoples lives for years. Tragic really.
maybe they have colds or underlying illnesses they'd rather not risk getting it? Maybe it's none of your business?
Maybe they have mental issues caused by the overeach of the state. Maybe its everyones business to help them overcome their problems. Just maybe.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:22 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:14 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:31 pm Still loads of zombies out with their masks on in the open air.

A nation scared so much for so little it will ruin many peoples lives for years. Tragic really.
maybe they have colds or underlying illnesses they'd rather not risk getting it? Maybe it's none of your business?
Maybe they have mental issues caused by the overeach of the state. Maybe its everyones business to help them overcome their problems. Just maybe.
You know best Broccers - it's all about control.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:25 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:22 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:14 pm maybe they have colds or underlying illnesses they'd rather not risk getting it? Maybe it's none of your business?
You know best Broccers - it's all about control.
Damn straight. Glad you agree. :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:08 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:31 pm
That does not in any way refute my suggestion. As I said, correlation does not imply causation.
I don't think anyone has ever said that you can't get delta and omicron?
No, but you and Mike both seem to have said that catching Delta makes you more likely to catch Omicron. That’s not necessarily a correct interpretation of the data 😷🤪
That's nothing like what I said :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The latest victim of COVID? Aerosmith's world tour which had already been postponed a couple of times. Was looking forward to finally seeing the old geezers tearing the place up.
Cheers,

Mike.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Not sure if I have it or not 🤔

According to the lateral flow tests I'm negative, but can't smell or taste anything, have a cough, and a sore throat.

Done a proper test today so we shall see, when the wife and boy had it, their lateral flows were negative all the way through as well.

Very odd.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Pretty much everyone I know who has had it, had one or multiple lateral negative flow tests before having it confirmed by PCR.

Hopefully its a mild case resulting in a few days of being waited-on by the other half and some time off work to catchup on some tv.
Cheers,

Mike.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Cheers, I hope it is positive so it's done and out of the way (for now at least), supposed to be going to Miami on the 20th with work, so I could do without that being cancelled!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It's a mild cold lads.

In many years time someone will point out we've all been done over. A few people will recognise that's what they said and were right.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:41 pm Thankfully omicron seems to be pretty much a mild cold lads. The previous strains seemed pretty nasty though.
EFA
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:46 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:41 pm Thankfully omicron seems to be pretty much a mild cold lads. The previous hyped up propaganda seemed pretty nasty though.
EFA
EFA

Mugs :D
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I just had it, but I'm not sure which variant I had but assuming it was omicron.

Had a bit of a fever on the Saturday morning when I tested positive, then had headaches, general body aches and feeling a bit weak and tired for about 5 days. It then went into more cold like symptoms, and I had a really sore throat for the latter few days. I've still got a cough now that I can't seem to shake (negative on LFTs Monday and Tuesday).

Doing any exercise this week has been tough. I was going to the gym 5 days a week before this as well, so not exactly unfit. No idea if it would have been any worse if not having all the jabs.

I don't recommend having it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Its still alien to me that healthy people test for a deadly thing that kills old people.

One day soon you will all awaken.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers' WorldTM: It's Like The Pandemic Never Happened
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:09 pm Broccers' WorldTM: It's Like The Pandemic Never Happened
Jobbos world is he didnt suffer at all. He bought his dads business and is well on his way to retiring at 40.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:49 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:20 am

Sorry for the slow reply. Properly ill in this household but its not covid according to the test Nic did.

I wear masks where required.
ok, so you're basically fine with:

Vaccine ✔️
Masks ✔️

So what are we all being sheep about?

- Lockdowns? I don't think I'd observe another lockdown - though I have actually worked from home this week (mainly because we've had 2 cases in the office).

- Covid itself? It is real.

- The great reset?

- national ID cards?

- moon landings?

Let us know!

Lockdowns essentially. Glad you are on the same page. I've done my bit up to now and complied with everything dished out. I was a sheep, I am not now :D
so despite me directly (many times) asking you what your thoughts are on this thread, only now (when omicron has become the main variant) have you decided to take a stance that covid isn't real.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:25 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:09 pm Broccers' WorldTM: It's Like The Pandemic Never Happened
Jobbos world is he didnt suffer at all. He bought his dads business and is well on his way to retiring at 40.
Yeah, if I wasn't already committed to that I'd have had time to start up a PPE supply business and retire at 30 :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:44 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:49 am ok, so you're basically fine with:

Vaccine ✔️
Masks ✔️

So what are we all being sheep about?

- Lockdowns? I don't think I'd observe another lockdown - though I have actually worked from home this week (mainly because we've had 2 cases in the office).

- Covid itself? It is real.

- The great reset?

- national ID cards?

- moon landings?

Let us know!

Lockdowns essentially. Glad you are on the same page. I've done my bit up to now and complied with everything dished out. I was a sheep, I am not now :D
so despite me directly (many times) asking you what your thoughts are on this thread, only now (when omicron has become the main variant) have you decided to take a stance that covid isn't real.
Sorry have I been ignoring your inane questions Rich?

See my first post starting this thread. Covid was never an issue to younger healthy people. The huge over reaction will damage more than the virus itself.