Coronavirus

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

GG. wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:51 pm The difference here though is they're not licensing it for use in the EU just that it can be recognised on their vaccine passport so you'd think they could take a more light touch approach or say that if a third country (or even the WHO in this case) has approved its use then it can be recognised for the purposes of the EU passport - even if they won't authorise you to stick it in a Belgian or Frenchman's arm.
Well, yes. But then, as I say, this is a global issue at present. See issues in the US with not recognising the AZ vaccine as it's not yet FDA aproved. Then there's the Chinese and Russian jabs not being recognised, and the Chinese and Russians not recognising some of the "western" jabs. Pragmatism may ultimately have to prevail, but for now it seems there's a lot of cautiousness about, and potentially some political game playing.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany

Post by Beany »

"The corporate, owned by Germany’s BMW, mentioned it was “extraordinarily involved” on the variety of employees at its manufacturing website in Goodwood, West Sussex, being ordered to remain at house due to NHS Take a look at and Hint app alerts."

Was that site translated by a child with a barely functional grasp of the English language?

What agitprop do you read to come across sites like that?? :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Been a busy 24 hours. Javid has Corona, Boris and Rishi said that they wouldn’t self isolate citing a pilot project. Now Rishi is going to isolate. Good to see the message is clear as they go into the great freeing :lol:
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Oh Boris is going to isolate too now.
An absolute unit
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Looks like Boris is isolating now.

Had my second AZ jab last week. Zero side effects, not even a sore arm. The first one knocked me on my arse for 48hrs with high temp, aches, no sleep, so pleased to get them both out of the way.

FREEDOM DAY tomorrow. I’m still going to carry on with the mask for a while though.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Deb had her second Pfizer yesterday. No side effects. I have my second AZ on Tuesday. Looking forward to taking the second half of the week off sick. 👍🏻

I see the rumours that they won't vaccinate all teenagers, which would be a massive mistake, again.

If the MHRA has said it's safe then crack on and do it. Lots of other countries are.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Freedomish day. Anything different?

I see Katie Hopkins has been deported for making a joke. A joke. Think about that in context and it's pretty scary whether you like the person or not.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:47 am I see Katie Hopkins has been deported for making a joke. A joke. Think about that in context and it's pretty scary whether you like the person or not.
The Aussies are so paranoid about it though, that's the same as the I've got a bomb "joke" on an airplane...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:12 am
Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:47 am I see Katie Hopkins has been deported for making a joke. A joke. Think about that in context and it's pretty scary whether you like the person or not.
The Aussies are so paranoid about it though, that's the same as the I've got a bomb "joke" on an airplane...
Its not at all. I follow her on Insta just for a laugh and what she put on her live yesterday was so obviously a joke made by someone bored out of their brains stuck in a hotel room. Like she really was going to open a door naked without a mask on to scare someone bringing her food. I mean come on. No the real reason is her stance on the pandemic and a very poor excuse not to let her on tv where in a Big Brother house where she can let rip on the whole ridiculousness of lockdowns etc.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Pretty scary that someone was willing to pay for Katie Hopkins to fly to the other side of the world and go on TV tbh :lol:
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'm not disagreeing that it's excessive Borccers - it is, after all, a joke.

But I'm talking to my brother in Brisbane a lot and with the general feeling on the ground about COVID, I'm not surprised at all that the "joke" was dealt with as it was. The are not fucking around with it.

Based on their policies to date they can't afford to
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

She was actually living in the usa
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It wouldn't surprise me if this was her plan all along, it certainly got her more press than "z list celeb sad sack goes on provincial big brother".
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:30 am I'm not disagreeing that it's excessive Borccers - it is, after all, a joke.

But I'm talking to my brother in Brisbane a lot and with the general feeling on the ground about COVID, I'm not surprised at all that the "joke" was dealt with as it was. The are not fucking around with it.

Based on their policies to date they can't afford to
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-07-18/

13 new cases - if you need to find a joke in all this its right there. Lock everyone up because 13 people have tested for something and are probably not even ill.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

That's the point Broccers

ONE student at my niece's school tested positive with a lateral flow test and it made the national news. She subsequently tested negative on a PCR.

Paranoia and fear are rife. The government did such a good job convincing the population that they would keep COVID out of Australia that they're having a massive problem convincing people to get vaccinated.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Fear and control. What I find astonishing is people won't take on any personal responsibility for their own health without instruction.

There was a report the other day that this year the killer will be pneumonia and flu. Which is quite right as two older people I know have gone from the former recently, not covid.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Thought you'd be more cheerful today Broccers, freedom day and all that.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:55 am The government did such a good job convincing the population that they would keep COVID out of Australia that they're having a massive problem convincing people to get vaccinated.
They've controlled covid very well over there, the problem with that is as we move to living with the virus they've just kicked the can down the road. Their options are to stay closed forever, or take the hit with a population that's had little to no exposure and potentially inferior vaccine take up.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'd be interested to hear some other opinions - we've some Aussie residents on here, don't we ? - because, let's put it this way - my brother would probably be watching GB News if he still lived here so there's always pinch of salt with his opinions. :lol: