Coronavirus

Beany

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:37 am
Beany wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:52 am I'm mostly just fucking tired and fuzzy.

Edit - example, did some work last night, which would normally have been about 45 mins to an hour.

Took over two hours as I was constantly second guessing myself.
Stop! What are they going to do - fire you for having diagnosed COVID?! 🤪
Knowing this place, that genuinely wouldn't surprise me :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Let them do it, I’m sure it’d be a pretty easy win for an unfair dismissal claim.

You have a confirmed positive result, not like you’ve said I feel a bit fluey, I need to isolate for 14 days, seeya.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

That.

Jeez, Beany, it's like you have a work ethic or something ?? You're ill, you shouldn't be working.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Probably easier to just find another job first, given I live paycheck to paycheck at the moment, not like you clever buggers and your mysterious thing called 'savings' ;)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Yeah, honestly, sounds like you need to work to rule for a bit Beany...
Cheers,

Mike.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Beany wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:35 pm Probably easier to just find another job first, given I live paycheck to paycheck at the moment, not like you clever buggers and your mysterious thing called 'savings' ;)
Yep, shake off that COVID mate, then find a better company to work for, that actually looks after its employees... they do exist...
Oui, je suis un motard.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I've heard rumours of these organisations in the ancient texts from the before time!

Cat neighbours workplace (where he's senior ops guy) had a sysadmin come and go recently, maybe he'll have me :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Crazy times. No one dies, Beany still working on his death bed.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Very little is as crazy as trying to administer a throat and nose swab in a cranky 3 year old. 😂
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:26 pm Very little is as crazy as trying to administer a throat and nose swab in a cranky 3 year old. 😂
I'm sure soon everyone on this board will say you're wrong.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's difficult enough to brush my son's teeth. I can't imagine sticking a nose swap 4 inches into his snooter.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

Lockdown over October half term now being mooted :( Looks like our trip to the West coast of Scotlandshire is in jeopardy.

We now have to play a game of bluff with the government as we've already paid half the rental cost of a house for the week and have to pay the rest two weeks before with no refund if we cancel within a week... So at some point we'll have to decide whether to call it quits and lose £500 or gamble and potentially lose £1000.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Yeah I'd read that - bit of a fecker as we had another Cornwall trip booked. Lad has 2 weeks though, so we could got he week before everyone else is off. The school are running a sports camp that week so we were going to use it to minimise our leave take but we might have to swap that out now.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

As expected, Sam's test came back negative 👍🏻. It means I can get on with the weekend - we're all bored from being stuck inside for Only a day and a half!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

The two week thing was rumoured yesterday, then rubbished, but now seems to be back on the cards as a way to try and put a stop to the increasing hospital numbers.

I guess the thing is the government have totally run out of any goodwill from the electorate which now means they’re in an even worse position when it comes to enforcing stuff like this. And what if the 2 weeks doesn’t make a difference?

That’s good news about your boy though [mention]Rich B[/mention]
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks increasingly likely that they will put London under lockdown next week. Went past the Covid test area as I always do and it was empty bar the staff cars
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, drone footage on our local news yesterday of empty testing stations yet people spending hours online refreshing devices to try and book a slot.
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 pm Yep, drone footage on our local news yesterday of empty testing stations yet people spending hours online refreshing devices to try and book a slot.
It's almost like the booking system is an utter, unbridled joke.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Beany wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:54 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 pm Yep, drone footage on our local news yesterday of empty testing stations yet people spending hours online refreshing devices to try and book a slot.
It's almost like the booking system is an utter, unbridled joke.
Uk gov screwing up a computer system? Never....

How you feeling anyway? Hope your getting better
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

And Matt Hancock on the radio this morning saying the lack of slots and backlogs in tests were due to lots of people going for covid tests when they didn’t really need them...
Cheers,

Mike.