Post by Beany »

Pete_ wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:36 pm I wouldn't trust Beany with a cat
Cats love me.

But then, cats are mental.
Coaster1

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Coaster1 »

GWS beany.

Oh and you really need to find a better job / a company that values you.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Problem is my skillset is so atrophied after spending a few years here that I need to proper upskill myself before moving on.

Tricky to do when you're working 8am to 10pm most days.....
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Any idea where you picked it up from?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Beany

Post by Beany »

unzippy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 am Any idea where you picked it up from?
Almost certainly work.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 pm Problem is my skillset is so atrophied after spending a few years here that I need to proper upskill myself before moving on.

i hear that from so many capable people who are afraid to move. It's bullshit, if you only go for jobs you can already fully do then you're career will only go backwards.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:39 am
Beany wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 pm Problem is my skillset is so atrophied after spending a few years here that I need to proper upskill myself before moving on.

i hear that from so many capable people who are afraid to move. It's bullshit, if you only go for jobs you can already fully do then you're career will only go backwards.
Rich is correct. Admittedly I’ve been quite lucky with finding a company willing to give me chances but I’ve gone from retail McJob to running a support team for a fast growing business in 5 years. More than doubled my salary too.

Next step is finding similar work with a company that doesn’t make me feel like a traitor to my eco Marxist views :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:33 am Next step is finding similar work with a company that doesn’t make me feel like a traitor to my eco Marxist views :lol:
:lol: Could be difficult to find that company, as it might not be in business that long!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:39 am

That's a fair point. Having the stuffing knocked out of me by this place isn't helping my confidence much either :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:42 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:33 am Next step is finding similar work with a company that doesn’t make me feel like a traitor to my eco Marxist views :lol:
:lol: Could be difficult to find that company, as it might not be in business that long!
:lol: there are a few in my sector.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

My little boy came home from nursery ill yesterday, he had a highish temp too (which has since gone down with some paracetamol). I was supposed to be driving to Manchester with two colleagues today so I've cancelled that and trying to get a test for him. I've no doubt that it's just standard toddler illness but it turns into an absolute ball ache as soon as you consider there's a chance it's corona.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 am My little boy came home from nursery ill yesterday, he had a highish temp too (which has since gone down with some paracetamol). I was supposed to be driving to Manchester with two colleagues today so I've cancelled that and trying to get a test for him. I've no doubt that it's just standard toddler illness but it turns into an absolute ball ache as soon as you consider there's a chance it's corona.
Yes, sniffles and the kind that were at best an inconvenience before, has become far more problematic.

Hope he recovers quickly and there's a test slot within a reasonable distance and timescale.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
GG.

Post by GG. »

Even more kids seem to be coming down with the typical childhood colds all at once as they've not built up any resistance over the last few months of being isolated/summer holidays.

Fortunately our son didn't have a temperature, though I was supposed to be back in the office for a couple of days this week but now can't as we caught this head cold and our firm's policy is not just limited to the NHS guidance but basically covers all cold like illnesses (i.e with our without a fever / continuous cough).

Hope you manage to get a test for him soon.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Another colleague has tested positive, he's technically asymptomatic but he has a knackered sense of taste/smell anyway, and is always running a little hot so might not have noticed a change in that anyway!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Beany wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am Another colleague has tested positive, he's technically asymptomatic but he has a knackered sense of taste/smell anyway, and is always running a little hot so might not have noticed a change in that anyway!
Beany lives!

How's the coronavirus then?
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm mostly just fucking tired and fuzzy.

Edit - example, did some work last night, which would normally have been about 45 mins to an hour.

Took over two hours as I was constantly second guessing myself.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:52 am I'm mostly just fucking tired and fuzzy.

Edit - example, did some work last night, which would normally have been about 45 mins to an hour.

Took over two hours as I was constantly second guessing myself.
Stop! What are they going to do - fire you for having diagnosed COVID?! 🤪

- "I'm ill, I have COVID, I'll let you know when I'm better.
- phone "off".
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I somehow managed to book an appointment at my local test centre today at 1 by confusing the booking system with my 1337 haxxor skills. Hopefully that will mean "normal" life can resume!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's good news. Might have to wait 2-3 days on the result though, ours took just shy of three days to arrive.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Good to know. Back in August mine took less than 24 hours.