Coronavirus

dinny_g

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dinny_g »

Anyone planning on not changing much after July 4th ??

We're going to stick with our current lockdown life for at least a fortnight after July 4th to see what happens.

I unfortunately predict carnage...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I'll be wfh for the foreseeable. I've got my fingers crossed that AZ/Oxford's vaccine comes through, and hopefully the Mrs should be close to the front of the queue in that case (and hopfeully me and child as well).

Not much is going to change until the kids are back in school anyway - something that seems lost on the powers that be.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’m not changing anything.

It’ll be a mess.

Dave!
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’m hoping I can can go and see the rents, it’s quite a journey to do as a day trip so being able to stay over would be great. I don’t know if such a change is on the cards yet?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:51 am
duncs500 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:48 am On the daily stats infections and deaths have gone up slightly this week. :?
I haven’t done the numbers day to day but a cursory glance shows but the percentage growth is lower in the past week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-1 ... ed_Kingdom
All I do is keep an eye on the daily infection total and death total and compare it to the same day the previous week. Those numbers have generally been going down until this week where it seems to have crept up a bit. Obviously this doesn't account for the number of tests carried out, but that seemed to have levelled out last time I looked.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I'll be in the pub on Saturday... if I can find a space! :lol:

First day back in the office next week, one day a week for now.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I have a feeling it’ll end up a bit of a damp squib - the pubs have so many hoops to jump through for social distancing restrictions that for most it won’t be the normal piss up situation.

and for the pubs/people that don’t care it’ll just be like the normal parties they’ve all been going to anyway.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:08 am
drcarlos wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:51 am
duncs500 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:48 am On the daily stats infections and deaths have gone up slightly this week. :?
I haven’t done the numbers day to day but a cursory glance shows but the percentage growth is lower in the past week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-1 ... ed_Kingdom
All I do is keep an eye on the daily infection total and death total and compare it to the same day the previous week. Those numbers have generally been going down until this week where it seems to have crept up a bit. Obviously this doesn't account for the number of tests carried out, but that seemed to have levelled out last time I looked.
I've only had the cursory glance as I've said and I've generally only been paying attention to that page as it's purely official numbers with no 'commentary' (bullshit). I was wondering if the targeted testing of areas that have a demographic that traditionally has a crowded household with multiple generations in the same house has anything to do with it?

I was talking to a friend who lives in Doncaster last night, one of his employees is worried about a local lockdown because of an alarming spike in the area and them being in the top 10 in the country.

The BBC graph he used to demonstrate it looks quite alarming:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-53261339

Until you realise that Doncaster has a pop of around 300k and Bolton less than 200k so we are talking about total cases of double figures in a week with Bolton having around 40 and Doncaster 70.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Certainly better targeted testing should show an increase in the number of cases against the number of tests.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Popped out to Currys who have a drive-through collection system in place. You let them know when you arrive and then open your boot and basically hang around waiting for them to come out and throw your order in to your boot. Felt like a right dirty stop-out.

The shops were absolutely rammed and there were about 1 in 20 people wearing masks....
Cheers,

Mike.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Been working all week fitting decorative frosted vinyl to covid screens desitined for many pubs around the UK. Most are for Greene King, who have recognised Saturday will be a complete shitshow, so are staying shut until Monday. Measured up at an independent pub yesterday & the landlord is shitting it. He thinks the same...
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I see pubs are opening from 6am tomorrow.

Strap yourselves in everyone!
Cheers,

Mike.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Ascender wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 pm I see pubs are opening from 6am tomorrow.

Strap yourselves in everyone!
Can I take a guess that’s Spoons (and every other dodgy establishment) opening at 6am?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Don't panic guys, it will be fine.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Our local has had some nice renovation done while it was closed. I checked their website earlier this week to find out if we could pop in for a pint to support them, but it turns out we needed to book a table even to do that. However my wife has just texted to say she's booked us a table for 8pm tomorrow night. It'll definitely be good to support them.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Question for our Scottish chums: Is the general feeling that NS is acting in the best interest of Scotland by always being slightly more cautious than the English rules or do you think she is using it as a political opportunity to show that Westminster are a callous bunch and that you'd be better off ruled by her?

I feel like if I was a business owner in Scotland I'd be a bit peeved at watching all the English businesses open up when the infection rate is pretty low in Scotland.

Probably the answer is it depends on your political persuasion.:)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Off for my vaccine (or placebo) this afternoon as part of the Oxford trial. I was quite surprised that when they ran my serology it came back negative, but I guess the PPE works after all.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:45 am Question for our Scottish chums: Is the general feeling that NS is acting in the best interest of Scotland by always being slightly more cautious than the English rules or do you think she is using it as a political opportunity to show that Westminster are a callous bunch and that you'd be better off ruled by her?

I feel like if I was a business owner in Scotland I'd be a bit peeved at watching all the English businesses open up when the infection rate is pretty low in Scotland.

Probably the answer is it depends on your political persuasion.:)
I don’t have an issue with it. A lot of shops that are able to social distance are already open again.

I’ve mostly been laughing at the doom and gloom press simultaneously reporting that today is going to be carnage while hyping it as Super Saturday :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I reckon it's going to be a bit of a damp squib today. Obviously we'll get the news stories about chavs in 'spoons going mental, but most of the pubs round me are booking only (which is pretty controlled) for indoors and garden for walk ins, and the weather isn't great.

We'll probably have to wait for some good weather to see it ramp up.